• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Aptx HD connection problem in redmi note 10

Search This thread

Zht.840

Jul 22, 2021
Hi! I bought this BT receiver

( BDT 2,176.31 30%OFF | Xu21 Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver Supporting Dual-stream APTX HD BT Audio Music Wireless USB Adapter Safe and Reliable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms4Qydp )

I cannot connect to aptx hd on this BT receiver using my redmi note 10. It always connects to aptx. I tried to connect the receiver with redmi note 9s/pro. It was connected to aptx hd without any hassle. The problem is with redmi note 10. Anyone using aptx hd on redmi note 10 using any adapter? I tried to select aptx hd in the BT codec option under developer options. But I cannot connect to aptx hd, rather it connects to aptx. How to connect to aptx hd using redmi note 10?

muzaim76

Apr 25, 2018
Anantnag
Redmi Note 10
Yes..
Same issue..
Tried couple of Custom ROMs for that option.
One of the guy said It's working in EvolX ROM, but after flashing and using the ROM for a week I found no codec.
I was able to use aptX codec after flashing the module...

Conclusion:
I think the device has default support for SBC codec only.

Zht.840

Jul 22, 2021
Yes..
Same issue..
Tried couple of Custom ROMs for that option.
One of the guy said It's working in EvolX ROM, but after flashing and using the ROM for a week I found no codec.
I was able to use aptX codec after flashing the module...

Conclusion:
I think the device has default support for SBC codec only.
Thank you for the reply. Did you try ldac codec? Please let me know if you find any suitable rom that supports aptx hd.

namkum

Jun 11, 2019
Thank you for the reply. Did you try ldac codec? Please let me know if you find any suitable rom that supports aptx hd.
I am in the same boat. Recently got a FiiO BTR5, which supports almost all codecs under the sun. But the phone only does SBC, AAC and AptX. No way to get either AptX HD or LDAC to get to work. I used my old phone (G7 thinQ) and both LDAC and AptX-HD work flawlessly, so the issue is definitely with the Redmi Note 10.

It's a shame since LDAC/AptX-HD sound a lot better with my audio setup. Although AptX does come close too. Hope they fix it in an update.

Zht.840

Jul 22, 2021
I am in the same boat. Recently got a FiiO BTR5, which supports almost all codecs under the sun. But the phone only does SBC, AAC and AptX. No way to get either AptX HD or LDAC to get to work. I used my old phone (G7 thinQ) and both LDAC and AptX-HD work flawlessly, so the issue is definitely with the Redmi Note 10.

It's a shame since LDAC/AptX-HD sound a lot better with my audio setup. Although AptX does come close too. Hope they fix it in an update.
Its a shame that xiaomi claims note 10 to have high resolution audio. The dual speakers sound crispy though, but why wouldn't it support aptx hd! If you get a solution let me know. Thanks.

Zht.840

Jul 22, 2021

Hi!
Do you feel any notable difference between aptx and aptx hd?