APTX in stock rom

Search This thread

Spunkybob

Oct 1, 2010
Kariong
Actually... Looks like they were automatically added/updated with the magisk install. Screenshot_20190909-121020.jpg

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jal3223

Renovatio33

Oct 13, 2010
I tried to make a magisk module out of it but the result was that I could not play any multimedia and on Bluetooth device settings it results connected with LDAC.

Any clue on what is going on?

Lozzyactual

Oct 25, 2019
Any way of doing this with stock kernel?

So, I've tried all of this and more in an attempt to get aptx on the stock kernel, with no success so far.

I've used the magisk module suggested, and added to it the blank /vendor/overlay/RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk and the modified build.prop(s) in /vendor and in /system

When this didn't work, I added the /lib and /lib64 libaptx-blahblah-.so files from the Bluetooth_stack_audio_bitrate_changer_for_SBC_+_aptX_&_aptX-HD_enabler-v5.4(9).zip module as well, all merged into the APTX_for_Android_Oreo_&_Pie-v1.1 module to which I had already added the blank RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk and the modified build props.

Still no go :(

The difference between my results and the results of the happy people having this working must surely only be due to the arter kernel, which I am not using.

Did anyone know what the key difference is in that kernel and how I can incorporate it into my stock (+magisk) setup?

I feel that I'm close to having this work on stock, which I'm sure many would appreciate, but just missing a tiny soccer of information. Can anyone fill me in?

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Can any one guilde me on how to remove read-only files, RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk in this case, on a rooted RP2?

Thanks in advance.

If you have magisk, you can download a magisk module which does something you like, then extract (not install) it to somewhere in your file explorer of choice. Next, in the unpacked files, create a /vendor folder (if needed) and inside that, a /overlay folder (if not present already), and into that folder create a blank file with the name RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk.

Delete the original module you downloaded.

Re-archive the extracted files (now containing your additional folders and file), and install from downloads in the magisk manager.

Reboot.

When you reboot, the changes will be made and the file will be the one you have created.

If you're on stock kernel, though, this won't help you. See my post elsewhere in this thread to see what I've tried so far.

Renovatio33

Oct 13, 2010
So, I've tried all of this and more in an attempt to get aptx on the stock kernel, with no success so far.
I've used the magisk module suggested, and added to it the blank /vendor/overlay/RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk and the modified build.prop(s) in /vendor and in /system
[...]
The difference between my results and the results of the happy people having this working must surely only be due to the arter kernel, which I am not using.
[...]

I'm using arter97's kernel, using the suggested props and added a blank RazerAuraBluetoothRes and yet all I got is no multimedia via bluetooth. I'm afraid its not kernel related the problem.

It seems that for our phone you need to use the arter97's kernel. The stock one will not work with this module. I've tried modifying the module then flashing it and it did show that APTX was enabled and I have Sony MDR-1000x headphones, I got no output. Switching APTX off would enable sound again.

Seems that Razer built this phone for a lot of features and kinda left it out of the software. This plus the dual SIM cards are good examples of things that are "left on the table"

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
It seems that for our phone you need to use the arter97's kernel. The stock one will not work with this module. I've tried modifying the module then flashing it and it did show that APTX was enabled and I have Sony MDR-1000x headphones, I got no output. Switching APTX off would enable sound again.

Seems that Razer built this phone for a lot of features and kinda left it out of the software. This plus the dual SIM cards are good examples of things that are "left on the table"

I don’t think it even works with arter97’s kernel either on the latest update. In my experience, it would connect to the device with AAC, but there would be no sound output. I tried a few things and finally got inconsistent output, but it was still buggy, super laggy, and out of sync.

Has anyone had any success? The Bluetooth lag is really the only major bug that I have. It’s a big one for me though.

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
I don’t think it even works with arter97’s kernel either on the latest update. In my experience, it would connect to the device with AAC, but there would be no sound output. I tried a few things and finally got inconsistent output, but it was still buggy, super laggy, and out of sync.

Has anyone had any success? The Bluetooth lag is really the only major bug that I have. It’s a big one for me though.

It appears Bluetooth on this device sucks in general, can't be used for anything serious, and with several crippling overlays in place.

One overlay specifies what kinds of device its Bluetooth accepts (and it appears to have set HID devices support to false). Deleting this overlay prevents Bluetooth from turning on (from the logcat the bluetooth stack was crashing with HID-related errors).

The other overlay specifies the device to not use aptX at all. Deleting this overlay makes aptX usable in stock (at least on MR1 as someone had gotten it working), if libraries are in place.

I was thinking about checking whether things could get better with 9.0 MR2, but it's already more than a month since it came out on OTA Razer haven't listed it in the factory images page. Also, from a few days ago I'm getting a Razer System Update Available message which doesn't appear to do anything (as I'm on Havoc 2.9 GSI).

Audio sucks as well (or maybe it's because I'm on GSI). With the loudspeaker, sometimes the music sounds like some notes were missing or cut off which I suspect it might be due to buffer underrun (as the system might have set a very low audio buffer size).

Reactions: jal3223

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
It appears Bluetooth on this device sucks in general, can't be used for anything serious, and with several crippling overlays in place.

One overlay specifies what kinds of device its Bluetooth accepts (and it appears to have set HID devices support to false). Deleting this overlay prevents Bluetooth from turning on (from the logcat the bluetooth stack was crashing with HID-related errors).

The other overlay specifies the device to not use aptX at all. Deleting this overlay makes aptX usable in stock (at least on MR1 as someone had gotten it working), if libraries are in place.

I was thinking about checking whether things could get better with 9.0 MR2, but it's already more than a month since it came out on OTA Razer haven't listed it in the factory images page. Also, from a few days ago I'm getting a Razer System Update Available message which doesn't appear to do anything (as I'm on Havoc 2.9 GSI).

Audio sucks as well (or maybe it's because I'm on GSI). With the loudspeaker, sometimes the music sounds like some notes were missing or cut off which I suspect it might be due to buffer underrun (as the system might have set a very low audio buffer size).

Yeah, it’s one of my main disappointments. If you figure anything out, please let us know. I would downgrade, but MR2 does seem to run really good. It seems like you have to make compromises for sound quality at this point. I’m tempted to try MR1 just to see if the codecs remove the extreme lag when connected to Bluetooth.

metty2k13

Feb 7, 2013
any way to do this without root?? i really dont feel the phone needs rooting i love it as is just would like aptX

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
any way to do this without root?? i really dont feel the phone needs rooting i love it as is just would like aptX

Unless Razer decides to enable aptX on stock ROMs by removing the crippling overlays, no.

I've got this device for about 2 months now and I really wish I can use my Sennheiser CX Sport headset again (on Havoc 2.9 GSI). Currently bluetooth audio is completely unusable on GSI, only phone calls work.

And it's already two months and I'm yet to know the reason why MR2 is still not available on the Factory Images page.

amosk59

Feb 21, 2015
St. Petersburg
Guys, what's wrong with my unit?
It have in stock all the HD codecs on a board since A9 OTA, haven't you?
(So, why this app can't download a screenshot, anybody knows?)
btw, it is Singtel ROM version...

lionel32

Aug 27, 2015
Can't really get aptx to work with the two method mentioned. Either my wireless earbuds (creative outlier gold) won't connect or there will be no sound at all. Guess I am stuck with the default.

Kei_Kurono

Aug 8, 2019
Red Magic 6S Pro
Well it works!! i can confirm in a RP2 Android 9.0 MR2 install Arter Kernel r12 + Magisk 20.1

Backup, then delete the APK from Vendor/overlay (i used Total Commander with root permisions)
Download then Install APTX for Android Ore & Pie module & Reboot (Magisk)
Add a new bluetooth device & verifiy that APTX is active/selected
Profit?

I don´t hear a noticeable quality increase but is nice that now aptX is present (before kernel & rooting it only show SBC). Dolby Atmos works well i can increase the general volume with the equalizer with no noticeable audio degrade/issues. My bluetooth adapter is a MEE Audio BTX1 BT 4.0 MMCX with Pioneer DJE 1500 in ear, not the most up to date setup but works for me.

Maybe is time to find a new BT 5.0 MMCX Adapter to try aptX HD. :cool:

Thaks to everyone.

Here's my "How I got it working" post

Setup:
Stock 9 MR2 Rom & Kernel
Magisk 20.1
Sony MDR1000X

Steps:
1. Have Magisk installed and rooted
2. Download "APTX_for_Android_Oreo_&_Pie-v1.1(3).zip" from the Magisk repository
2a. Open Magisk Manager and goto downloads
2b. Search for "APTX for Android Oreo & Pie"
2c. Click the download Icon and select download only
3. Modify the module zip
3a. Extract module
3b. Create the "overlay" directory in the extracted files under "/system/vendor/" folder
3c. create a dummy file in the "overlay" folder called "RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk"
Note: this is to 'fail' the one in the the vendor partition, and we don't want to touch the vendor partition
3d. Repackage the module by re-compressing it as a zip archive.
4. Install the module manually in Magisk and reboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Install arter kernel & Magisk

2. Remove /vendor/overlay/RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk using your favorite explorer - This overlay disables APTX

3. Open /vendor/build.prop using your favorite explorer and search "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc" and delete line.
    After that, add quote to bottom line. and Save.
    #
    # Addon
    #
    persist.vendor.btstack.enable.twsplus=true
    # This is not from code.
    persist.vendor.btstack.connect.peer_earbud=true
    persist.vendor.btstack.enable.splita2dp=true
    persist.vendor.service.bt.bca=true
    persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aptx-aptxtws-aptxhd-aac-ldac

4. Install "APTX for Android Ore & Pie" from magisk manager (slide left to right -> Downloads -> Search -> Install) and reboot

5. PROFIT :fingers-crossed:

This also enables APTX-TWS (Qualcomm TWS Plus) but I didn't test it because I have no device.
    Holy sh*t, that really works! I've been searching for a solution to that for such a looong time...
    Btw, I took the "APTX for Android Ore & Pie"-Module and added your props to the system.prop inside of that module and then I added an empty dummy of RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk into the (has to be created) folder /vendor/overlay/ inside of the module's /system folder. That way it is systemless and therefore doesn't make any problems regarding AVB, safetynet and whatnotelse :)
    Here's my "How I got it working" post

Setup:
    Stock 9 MR2 Rom & Kernel
    Magisk 20.1
    Sony MDR1000X

Steps:
    1. Have Magisk installed and rooted
    2. Download "APTX_for_Android_Oreo_&_Pie-v1.1(3).zip" from the Magisk repository
    2a. Open Magisk Manager and goto downloads
    2b. Search for "APTX for Android Oreo & Pie"
    2c. Click the download Icon and select download only
    3. Modify the module zip
    3a. Extract module
    3b. Create the "overlay" directory in the extracted files under "/system/vendor/" folder
    3c. create a dummy file in the "overlay" folder called "RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk"
    Note: this is to 'fail' the one in the the vendor partition, and we don't want to touch the vendor partition
    3d. Repackage the module by re-compressing it as a zip archive.
    4. Install the module manually in Magisk and reboot.
    On the phone by using solid explorer (every other file explorer should do as well). I create a new file an name it RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk and that's it. I would attach it here but obviously apk and zip files are not allowed.

Gesendet von meinem Phone 2 mit Tapatalk
    Cool thanks man! Just another quick question - what are we losing by rooting (warranty aside)? OTA updates maybe; what else?

Definitely widevine L1 status. That will prevent netflix and other streaming services, that rely on that drm-thing, won't stream in more than 480p. Besides that, I don't remeber anything else...
    AAh oh yes, and there will be this strange warning screen each time you boot your phone, which you can't get rid off.