• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AR Emoji

Search This thread

popz dude 10099

Nov 23, 2011
Any news of whether the Galaxy S8 will get the S9 AR Emoji?

No I highly doubt it will. The phones already look so similar, so I'm sure they want to give the consumers a reason to buy the latest Galaxy S9 by adding these features that the S8 won't have. It's quite sad, but you can always expect a range of apps on the Play Store to gimmick that feature and I'm sure custom ROMS will implement it (you'll have to root) in the future once the S9 releases and devs get their hands on the software.

jackpeterson12

Feb 26, 2018
I don't think that S8 will get AR Emoji. But soon we are going to find custom ROMs for it. So just wait and watch.

Leeum

Sep 30, 2014
Straya
As far as i know the S9 doesn't have any extra sensors to make it work but it has something to do with a few system files that are on the S9 to make it only work on S9. Eventually someone brilliant will port it over to our G95X devices.

Kirat2004

Jan 21, 2018
New Delhi
Face unlock

Guys I want to know that does s8 need sensor for facial recognition. If not. Can facial recognition be on s7 edge without smart lock.

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
As far as i know the S9 doesn't have any extra sensors to make it work but it has something to do with a few system files that are on the S9 to make it only work on S9. Eventually someone brilliant will port it over to our G95X devices.

hopefully. I would expect that to happen already...

sofir786

From what some devs have said, some camera functions are directly pulled from the libs, which makes it very hard, whether ar emojis uses this method I have no idea, if it was easily done it probably would have been done by now, even some of the s9 ports have the s8 camera app, maybe a dev figures it out, would be good.

Rose4uKY

Sep 7, 2009
Louisville
Really so the Note will get it too? Cause I'm wanting to upgrade to the 9 plus but husband says no cause we just got our note a few months ago. I'm just not into the note series. But I did go look at a 9 and made AR emojis of myself and then sent them to myself and deleted them off the phone on display. Lol

From what i can get out of a friend of my that works at Samsung the S8 and the S8 plus will be getting the AR emojis just in a later update

Last edited:

Smokinturtle96

Apr 1, 2018
Really so the Note will get it too? Cause I'm wanting to upgrade to the 9 plus but husband says no cause we just got our now a few months ago. I'm just not into the note series. But I did go look at a 9 and made a are emojis of myself and then sent them to myself and deleted them off the phone on display. Lol
Feom what i am getting out of my friend it will be coming to S8, S8 Plus, NOTE 8 but i dont know when it is coming out if you dont have the Galaxy note 8 and you are looking at getting a new on you can go for the S9 or S9 Plus my friend cant give me to much info on it the only only thing he cant give me is the update file name and when the update is coming out but from what he has hinted is it maybe coming in the next couple of update

Rose4uKY

Sep 7, 2009
Louisville
Thanks, I just got my note 8 three months ago should of waited cause yes I really want an s0plus in purple but my Note is fine and fast and I never have to charge my battery at work anymore. It's better than my 7 Edge. I just never use the pen and hate the fingerprint sensor but can live with it if I know we're getting AR Emoji LOL! But that's not the only reason I wanted an S9plus camera intelligent scan and a couple other things. My Note 8 is unlocked so I am still waiting for my Oreo update. But it's good to know we may be getting AR Emoji I hope your friend is right. Thanks Again,

Edit: I just saw an email about the unlocked S8 and + getting Oreo and I clicked on my phone for update and it says I am getting Samsung Experience 9 with Oreo 8.0. My friend on T mobile said she didn't notice anything different. But will see I am installing it now.

Feom what i am getting out of my friend it will be coming to S8, S8 Plus, NOTE 8 but i dont know when it is coming out if you dont have the Galaxy note 8 and you are looking at getting a new on you can go for the S9 or S9 Plus my friend cant give me to much info on it the only only thing he cant give me is the update file name and when the update is coming out but from what he has hinted is it maybe coming in the next couple of update

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts