• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Arabic ROM support for HTC DEsire HD

Search This thread

Awacs

Oct 29, 2005
Hi All.
I bought a new HTC Desire HD ( with HTC Sense ). Everything is great except it isnt arabic enabled, arabic websites display unconnected letters.
What is the best way to fix this issue, is it by flashing a new ROM or by another method.
I read the tutorial of "how to flash the Desire HD", this shouldnt be a problem.
Is there a custom ROM, arabic enabled, and fix some of the battery drain issue ?
Do I need to flash the Radio also ? or its not recommended.
Below are the current info:

Android version:

Baseband version:
12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M

Kernel version
2.6.32.21-gf3f553d
28 oct 2010

Build number
1.32.405.6 CL278359

software number

Browser version
Webkit 3.1

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Awacs

Oct 29, 2005
Thanks Radlouni for your reply and sorry for being late in posting back.
I checked the link, and I'll register there to see all the links with all the step by step procedures. I wont do anything before mastering it coz there are few points still not clear.

Hakimy

Oct 17, 2010
or you can use LeeDroid ARA 1.2.Me and others use it and it's great.it's the official arabic rom with LeeDroid with LeeDroid's famous and great tweaks ;)

Awacs

Oct 29, 2005
Thanks for the info
Any link to get it from with all the necessary procedures and tools ?
I need to flash only the ROM right ?
The device needs to be rooted and S-off ? ( Im not sure if i did understand well the S-off procedure ). I installed VisionaryPlus and now to the device is temporary rooted, i've read that the permanent root is risky on those device. I need to back up my rom first in case anything went wrong. I installed Rom Manager.
Sorry for the trouble :) I have all the necessary info on how to do it, but i should arrange them in priority.
Thans once again

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts