{ARC/ARC S}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

more avalable RAM or HD video recording (16 fps)

• less lag

Votes: 475 80.0%
  • HD video recording (16 Fps)

Votes: 119 20.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

cavagnaro

Sep 17, 2008
So your APN is ok, right?
Have you paid your bill? Lol
Try to download teaker APN using Wi-Fi just to double check
If your APN settings are ok then should work

Sent from my XPeria Z

Reactions: Moze666

hanih4

Jul 29, 2010
Camera

camera in cm9 is like cm10 or cm9 is better?quality is same? :confused:

Last edited:

ajebulon

Nov 30, 2012
Seoul
sorry if it's a newbie question, but I'm curious. CM9.1 is based on ICS, isn't it? can the cybershot camera be ported to CM9.1 with the same quality as stock ICS?

lyteo

Apr 13, 2010
I installed FXP 229, with included kernel, gapps, flashed over .72 baseband and wifi modules, than also installed XtremeSilencer (actually cronmod) script for internal memory. My phone is Xperia Arc S - lt18i. Also my sd card (Sandisk 32gb, class 10) was formatted.

Well, the question is, is it just on my phone, or does this CM9.1 have lag in launcher, when browsing through applications, also through the menus, phone has about 80-100 mb free with nothing really running. Is there any way to fix this? Is this a normal behaviour? I tried CM10, and it is much smoother, but camera was not working for me, and there were other bugs.

lyteo

Apr 13, 2010
Any ideas? Should I install SE ARC S 4.0.4 firmware before, and then FXP... Or should I install any of the previous versions, do they run better? I watched some movies on youtube, in videos CM9 is really smooth...or at least looks that way :)

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Hi all.. :)
Any of you still have download link(s) of cm-9.1 FXP-229 (20130721) for anzu (Xperia Arc)?
All I can find in depositfiles.com and uploaded.net are cm-9.1 20131223.
and, btw, what has changed in cm-9.1 20131223 compared to cm-9.1 FXP-229 (20130721)?

I hope someone would provide me the download link of cm-9.1 FXP229 (20130721).
(If it's not permitted to post the links to older release, please kindly sent the link(s) to me using private message)
thanks.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Hi!

It not just a cm BASED rom..it's A cm rom,with cm kernel!(with reloaded init hack)

-it will be a tough task to flash cm kernel (or any other custom kernel) to locked bootloader xperia phones, even if somehow you managed to flash the kernel (having a way to flash it using terminal emulator on a rooted phone), the phone won't boot due to bootloader security checking.

-the two main points of unlocking bootloader of xperia phones are:
1. to be able to use fastboot to flash custom/ non-stock/ modified stock kernel (unsigned kernel?).
-to make bootloader not checking the (signature of?) kernel so the phone will boot with custom/ non-stock/ modified stock kernel.

your easiest choice is to use stock kernel.

now we've done about the kernel, next the rom:
cm roms are 'designed' to run on top of cm kernel, it's not that hard to make it boot on top of stock rom (but if we make it (modify it to) run on top of stock kernel, isn't it become cm based rom?), then we may face issues about performance and stability, what's the point of having cm rom running on your phone without the real cm performance and stability?

what about making a hybrid cm+stock rom? a rom with stock stability and performance, but with cm features and user interface?

please correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Liked Posts