Archos Hello 7 (AC70) Flash firmware

Search This thread

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020

tomtom666

Mar 27, 2011
For some reason I am unable to use the sp flash tool.
I got an used Hello 7 for just 10 euro, I tried to back it up but it does not work the way I want.
This one is now running my latest TWRP and android 10 lineageOS.
It's used as a mediaplayer so I can listen to my music collection stored on my nas.. and some streaming.
Since it is running smooth I am not playing with this one.. maybe when I find a way to get a rom image form it I get a chance to get the other 1 working again.
I have been playing with android devices since I got my motorola milestone, a long time ago :) and never had so many problems with a device.. I was always able to get them up and running again.. So we 'll see what happens..

K-BOX2022

Dec 31, 2021
Smart Watches
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
For some reason I am unable to use the sp flash tool.
I got an used Hello 7 for just 10 euro, I tried to back it up but it does not work the way I want.
This one is now running my latest TWRP and android 10 lineageOS.
It's used as a mediaplayer so I can listen to my music collection stored on my nas.. and some streaming.
Since it is running smooth I am not playing with this one.. maybe when I find a way to get a rom image form it I get a chance to get the other 1 working again.
I have been playing with android devices since I got my motorola milestone, a long time ago :) and never had so many problems with a device.. I was always able to get them up and running again.. So we 'll see what happens..
But you were lucky to buy for 10 euros!!!
Do you know any tool to mod boot.img or kernel so you can increase GHz than manufacturer allows?

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020
But you were lucky to buy for 10 euros!!!
Do you know any tool to mod boot.img or kernel so you can increase GHz than manufacturer allows?
Don't. Just don't, you need overclocking software with root (or kernel tweaking don't remember) but you'll just get overheat, fire hasard, instability and just don't...

It's not a gaming device or such it's not made for intense cpu usage so I advice you not to or you will fry your device. Try android go patcher or things like that if you have a laggy experience

Last edited:

woutervh

Dec 21, 2006
I'd like to bump this thread a bit. I have some Archos Hello 7's, and want to get them to new gsi roms. For that I need to have TWRP running I guess. I'm an embedded programmer (like uboot, linux kernel, userspace), but still new to android environment. I do have some spair archos hello 7 mainboards though. So if anyone can enlighten me on where or how to start, that would be great!
@K-BOX2022 @Dawnowl444 @tomtom666

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020
I'd like to bump this thread a bit. I have some Archos Hello 7's, and want to get them to new gsi roms. For that I need to have TWRP running I guess. I'm an embedded programmer (like uboot, linux kernel, userspace), but still new to android environment. I do have some spair archos hello 7 mainboards though. So if anyone can enlighten me on where or how to start, that would be great!
@K-BOX2022 @Dawnowl444 @tomtom666
You'll have to get your way around fastboot and how to flash via fastboot https://xdaforums.com/t/archos-hello-7-ac70-flash-firmware.3981657/post-84214045
It's not necessary to have TWRP to install GSI but risky cause you can't recover brick if you can't access fastboot

https://xdaforums.com/t/archos-hello-7-ac70-flash-firmware.3981657/post-85685765 if you know you're way maybe you can unlock the situation around sp flash tools

MariaKim

Aug 11, 2006
Hey Guys. Just read all 9 pages, but still i am a bit confused. On my hello7, i have the stock 8.1 and unlock bootloader. Now i wanted to install TWRP and then a good Android 10 rom. Can anyone point me to the right files (for TWRP and Android 10 rom) for my device? I am mega confused with all the information :-( Any working/stable will do. No special stuff needed.

Top Liked Posts