Archos series TITANIUM 70/80/97/101 Android Development

Search This thread

priologiacomo

Aug 29, 2007
Hello everyone, I wanted to know for himself politely Archos Titanium series was released a few new features such as the type ROOT, CUSTOM ROM, ect ..

sorry in advance if I opened this thread, but having a titanium archos 101, I wanted to know if there are any developments in this regard.

thanks to all.

Reactions: Pandur2000

DadOudidOuda

Feb 28, 2013
Has anyone tried the Vroot tool on the 101 titanium? (successfully or not) I really want to root my tablet but I don't want to brick it ^^'

blowfishGR

Dec 29, 2011
I just tested it this morning...
Archos 70 Titanium can be rooted with one-click root tool called Vroot...
I'm not sure what is the name of the tool...
here!.. I have attached the tool...
May b this root tool works for 101 too...

man this tool it starts in chinese.. can you provide some instructions how it works?

i want to root my archos 80 titanium ;)

eduardb

Jan 28, 2007
It works on 101 titanium, but you have to live with a chinese supersu. Titanium backup did perform its automatic restore ok for me.

Now searching how to change to a English supersu?

Last edited:

Xwang76

Jul 22, 2013
Is it possible to use such a tool from linux (I've no real windows machine only a virtualbox emulated win XP system running on top of my arch linux distro).
Thank you,
Xwang

dhigby

Sep 14, 2008
Kandern
higbyfamily.com
Rooted Archos 80 Titanium HD

I used the VROOT app that Aung Thiha attached on my 80 Titanium HD model. After installing the app with the root.exe executable, I plugged in my tablet fully booted with debug mode turned on, and I pushed the green button in the software. After a few seconds, the tablet rebooted, and I had root.

Now, what to do about the Chinese app that I couldn't understand?

First, it is important to know that when the app pops up to give root access to a program, you need to push the right side button to grant access.
Now, you can search for and install "Superuser" from the Android market. The version made by Clockwordmod did not work for me, it is important to use the version from ChainsDD.

Then start Superuser, and click on the "i" for Information at the top of the app. It should say us binary v3.x.x with the option to "tap to check for updates". Check for updates and then click the update button.

This will replace the Chinese binary version with an English version. You should now be able to see the normal Superuser Icon in the app drawer and will start receiving prompts in English.

My profile is hungry for thanks, so don't forget to give this a thumbs up if you found this helpful.

fideliofidelio

Feb 23, 2011
I used the VROOT app that Aung Thiha attached on my 80 Titanium HD model. After installing the app with the root.exe executable, I plugged in my tablet fully booted with debug mode turned on, and I pushed the green button in the software. After a few seconds, the tablet rebooted, and I had root.

First, it is important to know that when the app pops up to give root access to a program, you need to push the right side button to grant access.
Now, you can search for and install "Superuser" from the Android market. The version made by Clockwordmod did not work for me, it is important to use the version from ChainsDD.

Then start Superuser, and click on the "i" for Information at the top of the app. It should say us binary v3.x.x with the option to "tap to check for updates". Check for updates and then click the update button.

This will replace the Chinese binary version with an English version. You should now be able to see the normal Superuser Icon in the app drawer and will start receiving prompts in English.

My profile is hungry for thanks, so don't forget to give this a thumbs up if you found this helpful.

Thank you. Will try it soon.

So... you are root with the last update from Archos? You could contact the people on Arctablet forum to send them some files. This could lead in some custom rom in the future.

Last edited:

dhigby

Sep 14, 2008
Kandern
higbyfamily.com
This utility only works on Windows, but there are already other ways to root, just look.

Yes, I have the latest firmware and am rooted. I'll take a look to see where I can help, cause I think this device is going to be a popular one.

Sent from my rooted ARCHOS 80 TITANIUM using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: fideliofidelio

riccetto80

Jul 13, 2013
Xiaomi Mi A1
OPPO A72
Hi all!

i have the titanium 70 i want to root, my question (probable dumb) is, i have to back up something before try to root with vroot software? or the vroot will just install the root without modify other things?

dhigby

Sep 14, 2008
Kandern
higbyfamily.com
Hi all!

i have the titanium 70 i want to root, my question (probable dumb) is, i have to back up something before try to root with vroot software? or the vroot will just install the root without modify other things?

The utility gains root without messing up your data.

and another question, if after i root the phone i do the reset to factory default, also the root will be gone and i will have to root again, right?

Yes, factory reset removes root.

Sent from my rooted ARCHOS Titanium 80 HD

Reactions: riccetto80

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted Archos 80 Titanium HD

Hello everyone, I wanted to know for himself politely Archos Titanium series was released a few new features such as the type ROOT, CUSTOM ROM, ect ..

sorry in advance if I opened this thread, but having a titanium archos 101, I wanted to know if there are any developments in this regard.

thanks to all.
    This utility only works on Windows, but there are already other ways to root, just look.

Yes, I have the latest firmware and am rooted. I'll take a look to see where I can help, cause I think this device is going to be a popular one.

Sent from my rooted ARCHOS 80 TITANIUM using Tapatalk 2
    Hi all!

The utility gains root without messing up your data.

and another question, if after i root the phone i do the reset to factory default, also the root will be gone and i will have to root again, right?

Yes, factory reset removes root.

Sent from my rooted ARCHOS Titanium 80 HD