• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Are all of these Android head units plagued with RCA output noise?

Search This thread

HobbitHands

Jan 8, 2020
I have Volkswagen Jetta with a couple amplifiers and I'm interested in an Android head unit, but it seems like a lot of the PX5 and PX6 head units are plagued with noise when connected to an amp. Are there options that don't have noise issues, like the Intel sc9853i units?

Jmillz82

Feb 4, 2017
New Jersey
I have Volkswagen Jetta with a couple amplifiers and I'm interested in an Android head unit, but it seems like a lot of the PX5 and PX6 head units are plagued with noise when connected to an amp. Are there options that don't have noise issues, like the Intel sc9853i units?

I fixed this issue with the sound mod. I boosted the preout voltage from .3v to about 1.5 which on my secaine unit. its still not great but it is better then .3v! IMHO it seems like the amp amplifies those noises. i went from noise to dead silent. i tune my amp at a -10db to -15db.

Reactions: dape16

dape16

Jun 20, 2006
I fixed this issue with the sound mod. I boosted the preout voltage from .3v to about 1.5 which on my secaine unit. its still not great but it is better then .3v! IMHO it seems like the amp amplifies those noises. i went from noise to dead silent. i tune my amp at a -10db to -15db.

Which sound mod do you refer to? Is it possible to adjust the preout voltage with the mod? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.