Are CM10 and Siyah kernel great for battery life?

Search This thread

r1akn

Sep 6, 2012
I need a good kernel and ROM to have the battery last as long as possible
Now I have Siyah kernel and CM10 ROM.
Is it a good combination?
Or should I change ROM or kernel to Dorimanx for example?

exynoss

Feb 4, 2012
delhi
Use latest cm10 with stock cm kernel......I must say awesome combination for better battery life

Sent from Galaxy S2 using Cyanogenmod 9

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
Use latest cm10 with stock cm kernel......I must say awesome combination for better battery life

Sent from Galaxy S2 using Cyanogenmod 9

I disagree with you 100%

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Siyah is Good, latest version, Dorimanx is also very good too. the option is yours to decide which one to use.
If you don't like one, just flash another one. It takes less than 5mins to flash a kernel

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012

You're going to have to try for yourself. I personally am using siyah, but you might have better luck with another one. Don't forget, you can use different settings in ex tweaks to get even better battery life :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

chefen.chef

Jun 17, 2012
With every kernel and android, just think about how you use the phone for saving battery. Like turn off wifi/data/sync whatever you are not using, to gain a little more battery. There is a lot of tweaks with every kernel and you will find them, searching the forums for the specific kernel.

GL tweaking

Last edited:

saywhatt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 17, 2012
Land of Ooo
Hi!:) there a lot of people who suggested that kind of combo, but we can never really tell if it's real until we try it ourselves.

Try some tweaks ;) maybe you'll someday find the right "combo" that suits you. The thing here is that everyone has a different "type of usage".. you may have read a post "omg! I get the best battery life for this xxxx kernel/rom/whatever tweaks"... who knows? he/she could've just said that cause his/her phone had been on standby mode all along xD

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone