• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Are Exynos users Note 20 Ultras getting hot?

Search This thread

xORJSx

Apr 28, 2020
Hi All,
Are your Exynos Note 20 Ultras getting hot? From my use, light browsing to watching videos or light gaming the screen gets very warm and the rear is hot. Please let me know.

paulrgod

Sep 17, 2008
Sheffield
Yes, really disappointed with this so far. Mines getting pretty toasty just sat doing nothing causing the screen to be dim all the time.. nothing running in the background

My second day with it, I can literally watch the battery percentage go down... barely touched it today as have been pretty busy and was down to 19% at 17:00..

Charged it to full again, took offcharger around 20:15... again barely used it this evening, a few posts on here, bit of YouTube...its already down to 68%.

Battery usage shows 3 hours 44 minutes for the day.

Can't be right..

Bazcraig

Sep 12, 2009
Mine gets very hot and the battery life is a joke. It's going back after the weekend unless this is some weird fluke which fixes itself after a few charge cycles

Reactions: Brava27

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Keep me posted lol. I was gonna buy this phone but not with this exynos news.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

Mine gets very hot and the battery life is a joke. It's going back after the weekend unless this is some weird fluke which fixes itself after a few charge cycles
This is not good.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

hkbladelawhk

Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
On the T-mo version. Mine gets hot and won't charge with it doing nothing. Got it today, and had on the charger for a couple hours. Never fully charged thanks to this stupid heat issue. Screen is off and it's multitudes hotter than my 10 plus being used. Obnoxious.

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Nope, mine isn't getting hot at all through normally or fairly heavy use.
What about the battery life?

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

On the T-mo version. Mine gets hot and won't charge with it doing nothing. Got it today, and had on the charger for a couple hours. Never fully charged thanks to this stupid heat issue. Screen is off and it's multitudes hotter than my 10 plus being used. Obnoxious.
Exynos man, not Snapdragon.

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
People should only be concerned about this after several days of use.

Judging battery and temperature on a brand new device in the first 1 or 2 days is pointless.

After watching many reviews (of the Exynos model) I haven't heard anyone voicing this as a concern.

Reactions: Brava27

rocku_dj2000

Apr 28, 2012
It got a bit warm (not terribly hot though) on the 1st day when it was still downloading apps, etc. Last 2 days have been good..no heat even on watching videos, video calls, occasional snaps. See my usage in the attachment. This was on the 2nd charge cycle and phone at 120hz (adaptive) and on wifi all the time.
(UK exynos version)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People should only be concerned about this after several days of use.

Judging battery and temperature on a brand new device in the first 1 or 2 days is pointless.

After watching many reviews (of the Exynos model) I haven't heard anyone voicing this as a concern.