Are people still using cataclysm?

Search This thread

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Hasn't been updated In months. Are people still using it? Any reason not too?

For people that left it, what did you switch too?

Cataclysm is an awesome Rom with key features and you can consider it up to date as far as it is on 4.4.2. There is not reason not to use it other than the fun of flashing things on the phone.
I hope they revive the thread when 4.4.3 is released..

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Thanks for the replies. Would love to hear from others too! My nexus 5 is arriving this week and I think ill use cataclysm even though it hasn't been updated in awhile!

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
I'm currently running cataclysm. I've strayed a few times, but always come back. Its rock stable, with just enough features. Paired with elemental x, its perfect.

sent from my Hammerhead Nexus

dougiefresh181

Sep 18, 2012
paired with faux kernel its pretty good. ive been having a lot of service trouble, between poor/unstable cell service, data disconnects and an almost complete inability to connect to lte, but idk if its my phone, sprint, my modem or the rom lol. im going to test pac man to see if it works any better with sprint tonight, otherwise ill try messing with modems. the rom runs great though, you shouldnt have any trouble.

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
paired with faux kernel its pretty good. ive been having a lot of service trouble, between poor/unstable cell service, data disconnects and an almost complete inability to connect to lte, but idk if its my phone, sprint, my modem or the rom lol. im going to test pac man to see if it works any better with sprint tonight, otherwise ill try messing with modems. the rom runs great though, you shouldnt have any trouble.

No problems with service here, and I'm on sprint. What radio are you running?

dougiefresh181

Sep 18, 2012
baseband m8974a-1.0.25.0.23. i believe thats the kot49 modem. i just flashed pacman with the apn fix and lte is not any better. my bars are still bouncing between 0 and 5 and my data is flashing between off, 1x, 3g and lte. i can get it to temporarily connect to lte by flipping between lte and global and toggling data until it connects

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

baseband m8974a-1.0.25.0.23. i believe thats the kot49 modem. i just flashed pacman with the apn fix and lte is not any better. my bars are still bouncing between 0 and 5 and my data is flashing between off, 1x, 3g and lte. i can get it to temporarily connect to lte by flipping between lte and global and toggling data until it connects

right now im stuck on 1x even though i know i have 3g and lte service here

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

one last reply before i blow up the thread lol im going to start flashing modems going back in time. ill tell you how it works out

Last edited:

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

one last reply before i blow up the thread lol im going to start flashing modems going back in time. ill tell you how it works out

I had that problem with that modem. I use the m8479a modem that ends with .17. I believe its the modem that came out with the 4.4.1 rollout. It just works better for me

dougiefresh181

Sep 18, 2012
I had that problem with that modem. I use the m8479a modem that ends with .17. I believe its the modem that came out with the 4.4.1 rollout. It just works better for me

i downloaded all the modems from this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...t/modem-nexus-5-flashable-modems-efs-t2514095
im not seeing that m8479a modem, they all end in 74. i went back to the krt16m modem that came with the previous version of 4.4 and its working fine now. my bars are a little weak and its slow to gain a connection, but its rock solid and blazing fast

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
i downloaded all the modems from this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...t/modem-nexus-5-flashable-modems-efs-t2514095
im not seeing that m8479a modem, they all end in 74. i went back to the krt16m modem that came with the previous version of 4.4 and its working fine now. my bars are a little weak and its slow to gain a connection, but its rock solid and blazing fast

Glad you got it sorted. The krt16m modem is what I'm running also. Works best imo

dougiefresh181

Sep 18, 2012
Glad you got it sorted. The krt16m modem is what I'm running also. Works best imo

Thanks man. These phones are just really weird on sprint. I don't get it lol. At least we have them though, unlike Verizon. Back on topic though. As far as I can tell , PAC man is running good. Not quite as smooth as cataclysm, but I think the extra features and customizations are worth it. Coming from the epic 4g touch, there was only PAC, cm, pa and vanir/commotio. No one used the others and they tended to be a bit buggy

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
I'm still using it. It actually cured my rom flashing addiction ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

+1

It's nice to not have to flash a rom every other day and just have a good stable always working one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

setspeed

May 4, 2009
I was on Cataclysm for a long while but then itchy feet got the better of me, and I tried a few different ROMs out.
I've now settled on Mahdi-ROM because its stable, and it has a few more features baked in like the very handy 'Pocket mode' which powers on the screen automatically when you take the phone out of your pocket, and powers it off when you put it back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cataclysm > all ;) Has everything I need and with ElementalX a nice battery consumption. It cured my flashing addiction as well :)
    Had Cataclysm but switched to Paranoid Android. Waiting on Official MIUI or Cataclysm 4.4.3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    For people that left it, what did you switch too?

I left it some couple of months back and moved to stock+stockkernel+Xposed.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone