Are the components of different LG v20 models transferable/switchable to other models?

Search This thread

andruyd

Dec 14, 2011
LG V20
Huawei MediaPad T5
I have an H915 and H990DS. The LCD panel/digitizer has started to separate on the H990DS. I've kept the H915 for a reason and that is to possibly reuse its parts. I would like to transfer the motherboard of the H990DS to the H915. Is this possible and what issues do people encounter while doing this?

Torchsword

May 4, 2022
I have an H915 and H990DS. The LCD panel/digitizer has started to separate on the H990DS. I've kept the H915 for a reason and that is to possibly reuse its parts. I would like to transfer the motherboard of the H990DS to the H915. Is this possible and what issues do people encounter while doing this?

Ice Fire

Mar 18, 2017
LG G5
Asus ZenFone 3
I have not done this with a H915 but the antenna is located mainly in the upper and lower bumper of your phone so you should be able to swap the screwn freely. You should compair the supported frequencys on gsm arena of you want to swap the bumpers too.

andruyd

Dec 14, 2011
LG V20
Huawei MediaPad T5
I have not done this with a H915 but the antenna is located mainly in the upper and lower bumper of your phone so you should be able to swap the screwn freely. You should compair the supported frequencys on gsm arena of you want to swap the bumpers too.
I just completed my mod. I used the H915 display assembly (panel and board) along with an H990 mainboard. I also used the H990 plastic frame that held the fingerprint reader and the camera glass/lens. I used the H915 back cover. Everything is working fine so far. I tried using the H915's internal plastic frame but the fingerprint reader was not recognized. I guess I'd have to factory reset everything for that to work. I didn't want to do that.

Ice Fire

Mar 18, 2017
LG G5
Asus ZenFone 3
I just completed my mod. I used the H915 display assembly (panel and board) along with an H990 mainboard. I also used the H990 plastic frame that held the fingerprint reader and the camera glass/lens. I used the H915 back cover. Everything is working fine so far. I tried using the H915's internal plastic frame but the fingerprint reader was not recognized. I guess I'd have to factory reset everything for that to work. I didn't want to do that.
Should be fine, if you end up with a working device. I dont know your setup but i guess that you already tried deleting the dalvik and art cache. You could try to backup your device with twrp if it is set up, but i would understand it if that was to risky for you. Did you change the bumpers?

andruyd

Dec 14, 2011
LG V20
Huawei MediaPad T5
Should be fine, if you end up with a working device. I dont know your setup but i guess that you already tried deleting the dalvik and art cache. You could try to backup your device with twrp if it is set up, but i would understand it if that was to risky for you. Did you change the bumpers?
The screen replacement was a success and I just continued using my device as usual. The only component that changed was the display frame, lcd panel and the back cover (H915). All other internal components was from the H990. I tried using the H915 fingerprint reader but it didn't work. It probably needed a factory reset which I didn't want to be bothered with. I just installed the H990 fingerprint reader (plastic frame). Since I had to do an almost complete teardown, I also removed the old thermal paste and replaced it with a 0.5mm thermal pad. The thermal pad seems to have helped with the hotspot that I was feeling pre-mod.