Are there any FM Radio apps for android?

Search This thread

dstarfire

May 14, 2012
Are there any working FM radio apps for the android?

The stock rom for my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 includes and FM radio app. However the custom rom I installed did not include one, and searching the app market has revealed only a ton of apps that stream radio from the internet (seems every radio station in the country has their own app), and a tuner app that can't even launch without crashing itself.

Reactions: shapnil

shaheen916

Feb 8, 2014
I am using Micromax A63. My default FM radio app lack features. there is no shortcut buttons to change saved stations like simple swipe or tap left to right. etc. I had to manually go to panels and select radio stations. the headset buttons doesnt works in FM radio but only in music player. Is there any solutions for this ? by way of different fm radio app ??

ALANKO

Jul 14, 2008
For HTC HD2

For HTC HD2 Leo 512 Nexus with Android 4.4.2 CM11 Epinter 4.4 (NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0_V4.4.zip) i use "Spirit FM Lite v 2013_12_27" wich is 1.08MB apk called "com.mikersmicros.fm_li-1.apk" and it works like a charm :victory: no need data or bluetooth or wifi turned on (P.M. for links) ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, it appears the GS3 has radio FM tuner support. The program is $10, though, so I'm not sure I want to try it based on the limited feedback I've read so far. I think I'll check and see if my MP3 player has support and just stick with two devices for now, one for music, one for communications.

I found this app works for my phone. If you're sure your phone has a Tuner this should work..
    Are there any working FM radio apps for the android?

The stock rom for my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 includes and FM radio app. However the custom rom I installed did not include one, and searching the app market has revealed only a ton of apps that stream radio from the internet (seems every radio station in the country has their own app), and a tuner app that can't even launch without crashing itself.
    There's spirit from the xda app section too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Spirit's the way to go IMO :good:
    Yes sure there is FM radio app exist that will be available and used on the android phones such as "TuneIn". It is basically a great Application because it allows you to listen to around 25,000 FM stations. Isn't that cool? Moreover you can also able to get more radio apps in Android phones

That actually streams FM radio from the internet. True FM radio is a hardware requirement, but with smartphone data plans manufacturers don't really include them anymore.

Sent from my MB508 using xda premium
    Thanks, guys! This is actually quite useful, and not something I'd even thought to look for. A lot of gyms have the TV's on FM, so it would be nice to be able to use my phone to tune in. :)

Yeah, the internet radio apps won't help you there. You need to have a phone that has FM tuner program. These programs use the headphones as antennas to absorb the radio waves. This isn't something you can download. My experience with these has been poor in the past.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone