Question Are there any viable custom GCam options for the Pixel 6?

Search This thread

manjaroid

Jun 25, 2019
My previous Pixel had a GCam that worked tons better than the official camera app.
I can't compare to older Pixels but I tend to agree the 6 camera is a letdown. My old Moto couldn't do Camera2 stuff or night photography but at least it gave me macro, common EV controls, and warm colors with quality jpegs. What impresses me most about Pixel 6 camera is its digital zoom sharpness.

What is a Gcam?
Can you capture ghost with that?
Yes! as long as the ghost is surrounded by dust, airborne debris, cat hairs...

Reactions: RobbyRobbb
I can't compare to older Pixels but I tend to agree the 6 camera is a letdown. My old Moto couldn't do Camera2 stuff or night photography but at least it gave me macro, common EV controls, and warm colors with quality jpegs. What impresses me most about Pixel 6 camera is its digital zoom sharpness.

Yes! as long as the ghost is surrounded by dust, airborne debris, cat hairs...
You can capture some great shots but the processing is I feel it falls behind even the older hardware and Pixel phones. I haven't seen it personally but others have mentioned it online and on expert reviews.

No wonder Marques crowned the Pixel 5A best Smartphone Camera a few months back.

This is where the 6A can dominate over the P6 and P6 Pro since it will have the same hardware.

Top Liked Posts