Question Are these Rooting Guides for the Samsung A33 5G good?

Search This thread

bogavante

Aug 1, 2022
I think I completed the rooting process successfully. Thanks a lot @ShaDisNX255 for your help!

Just to double check, how exactly do I verify that my phone is rooted? I downloaded a couple of apps from the google play store that are intended to check if I'm rooted and both say that I'm not.

And once I confirm that I'm indeed rooted, what is the best place to learn about and install special features, apps, alternative play stores, etc... that I can take advantage with my rooted phone?

Settings > About Phone > Status Information > Phone Status reads "Custom"... is that a confirmation it is rooted?

bogavante

Aug 1, 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-224235.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220812-224235.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 71

bogavante

Aug 1, 2022
And this app thinks I am not rooted?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-230558_AdAway.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220812-230558_AdAway.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 31

jejexd

Jan 19, 2023
Samsung Galaxy A33
Yes, as long as

1) You can unlock your bootloader to accept custom images
2) You have a way to use adb and fastboot (or in Samsung's case, adb and Odin)
Hi, I would like to know if you think there could be any trouble rooting the A336M (A33 5G). I don't want to mess my phone up (best phone I ever had, also the most expensive).

I just read a thread where someone rooted this device with TWRP, using a port @Zillion created... I want to know how viable it is to root this device... I ain't looking for a custom ROM, I just want to have Magisk to flash mods, and customize Emojis, Camera2api, Viper4Android... You know.

jejexd

Jan 19, 2023
Samsung Galaxy A33
Yeah it doesn't seem like you are. You probably missed something.

I just finished using this method. Worked perfecty. It was easy, fast and simple. Maybe the first homie was not able due to the fact he said he's a noob, but for me, this was easy AF, I've been rooting devices... Since I had my first phone so yeah.

Thanks to you @ShaDisNX255 and @Zillion, my last device was hell hole, performance was a problem and well, its a phone that has 5+ years... Low ram and blah blah blah. The device before was worse. The A33 5G, is not only the best phone I've ever had, it's the only phone that hasn't gave me any trouble while rooting. While writting this, I have finished installing/modify: Custom emojis, Camera2Api, SELinux, I have ViperFX (The major reason I root)...

Just thanks.

Reactions: Zillion

Zillion

Hi, I would like to know if you think there could be any trouble rooting the A336M (A33 5G). I don't want to mess my phone up (best phone I ever had, also the most expensive).

I just read a thread where someone rooted this device with TWRP, using a port @Zillion created... I want to know how viable it is to root this device... I ain't looking for a custom ROM, I just want to have Magisk to flash mods, and customize Emojis, Camera2api, Viper4Android... You know.
That port was only made for testing purposed on A33 5G, never meant to leave a private DM, but it somehow did.
I did leave A33 5G development as it's kernel was having some watchdog issues on recovery and I do not own that specific device for now.

Reactions: jejexd

jejexd

Jan 19, 2023
Samsung Galaxy A33
That port was only made for testing purposed on A33 5G, never meant to leave a private DM, but it somehow did.
I did leave A33 5G development as it's kernel was having some watchdog issues on recovery and I do not own that specific device for now.
I'll wait smth more efficient and safe pops up. By now, I have a perfectly rooted device with all that I want. I'll be waiting for updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you @Zillion . Is that a complete guide from start to finish or only part of the whole process needed? (I'm total newbie)
    It is all you need to root your phone ^^
    Tell me you didn't bother reading the guide without actually telling me :)

View attachment 5676113
    We humans are not all made the same, so when presented with identical stimulae we act in different ways.

Some people(like me), when we start reading a tutorial that starts with this...

"Before you start:

-This tutorial assumes you understand how to use adb and fastboot
    -If you plan to also install custom kernels, install it after Magisk
    -Your device’s bootloader has to be unlocked"

... we interpret it like this: "You should NOT start(continue reading) this tutorial UNLESS/UNTIL you fulfil the criteria listed in the BEFORE YOU START" so we stop reading any further if we clearly do not fulfill the "before you start" criteria.

In 99% of the cases, this is the right and most logical choice, this seems to have been an exception.

Saying that I "didn't bother" implies that I was lazy when choosing, but it was just the opposite: Because I understood there was knowledge about stuff that I didn't possess, I went to look for and gain this knowledge in other places.
    Flash like this instead:
    BL - Firmware BL_* file
    AP - magisk_patched-25200
    CP - Firmware CP_* file
    CSC - CSC [Will format data]
    I'm an old android user and haven't been following the latest about rooting. Am I understanding you correctly: any phone can be rooted with this guide?
    Yes, as long as

1) You can unlock your bootloader to accept custom images
    2) You have a way to use adb and fastboot (or in Samsung's case, adb and Odin)