• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Are u happy with your RM6 Pro?

Search This thread

M82Mayday

Nov 30, 2009
Tomorow I am going to sell my Asus Rog5, so now I want to buy RM6 Pro :)...So question is simple are you happy with you phone?
And pros and cons pls

Ammark93

Apr 11, 2017
Duhok
Hello, I know am late on this but do not sell your ROG.. RM6 have lots of software issues. the most am suffering with is they limit it from using full performance! I can't see it using 840mhz on GPU for genshin or ANY game! my friend have ROG 5 and I can see his GPU on SD888 can use full performance. Nubia's software is really not good! I regret buying it.

Quiexo

Jun 6, 2020
Hello, I know am late on this but do not sell your ROG.. RM6 have lots of software issues. the most am suffering with is they limit it from using full performance! I can't see it using 840mhz on GPU for genshin or ANY game! my friend have ROG 5 and I can see his GPU on SD888 can use full performance. Nubia's software is really not good! I regret buying it.
While I agree with RM6's software issues, I'm not so sure about your statements on their GPU performance. I own a standard ROG Phone 5 and I can confirm that GPU speed runs at max speed for the first 5 minutes of playing Genshin, but quickly slows down as the device heats up. This is even with AeroActive Cooler 5 mounted and set to max fan speed. So it's important to also determine and compare sustained GPU performance, which I believe RM6 wins here.

Ploixbox

Nov 4, 2014
Phone build is good. Spec and features are good but very lacking in the software department. Bugs and errors in lots of parts of the phone. Physically feels good but software feels bad. Runs games well

Ammark93

Apr 11, 2017
Duhok
While I agree with RM6's software issues, I'm not so sure about your statements on their GPU performance. I own a standard ROG Phone 5 and I can confirm that GPU speed runs at max speed for the first 5 minutes of playing Genshin, but quickly slows down as the device heats up. This is even with AeroActive Cooler 5 mounted and set to max fan speed. So it's important to also determine and compare sustained GPU performance, which I believe RM6 wins here.
I never.. like never seen the GPU runs at 840mhz, only in antutu. for genshin I see it goes up to 600mhz something when I run the game while the phone is cool, then it drops right away to 540mhz. and keeps like that or lower. and no matter how much I cool it, it never goes above that. I used their new cooler.. and I put the device in front of AC that it got so cold. yet still never gone above 540mhz.. even the CPU stuck at 2.4.. how is this not an issue? I just want to use the full performance. I had RM5 G and I used the rom they provided here to boost the GPU to 940mhz, it was doing better than this one.. I'll never buy a phone from Nubia ever again. next time I'll just get the ROG.

Quiexo

Jun 6, 2020
I never.. like never seen the GPU runs at 840mhz, only in antutu. for genshin I see it goes up to 600mhz something when I run the game while the phone is cool, then it drops right away to 540mhz. and keeps like that or lower. and no matter how much I cool it, it never goes above that. I used their new cooler.. and I put the device in front of AC that it got so cold. yet still never gone above 540mhz.. even the CPU stuck at 2.4.. how is this not an issue? I just want to use the full performance. I had RM5 G and I used the rom they provided here to boost the GPU to 940mhz, it was doing better than this one.. I'll never buy a phone from Nubia ever again. next time I'll just get the ROG.
My GPU reaching at max frequency probably happened while I was sitting in the start screen or looking straight at the wall but now that I think about it it didn't really maintain for 5 minutes. The Adreno 660 is very power hungry and runs hot this time around for internal and external cooling to matter (hence RM6 has the edge). You can certainly use custom kernel to boost the GPU even higher but I'd worry about phones with limited cooling. Also I've yet to find ROG 5 custom kernel that boosts GPU frequency.

But really the SoC should improve on efficiency aspect as the ROG 3 did really well in peak and sustained performance. There's hope and excitement for the upcoming AMD GPU on mobile but I'm not sure if other vendors will adopt it besides Samsung.