Question Are we going to talk about this 60hz nonsense?

Search This thread

theartialmartist

Feb 7, 2011
This was an INSTANT buy for me with even a 90hz screen. WTH google? I understand you want to save battery life, but if the Tensor can handle 120 would it really hog so much juice at 90? did you have a bunch of 60hz screens lying around??

ryonyanko

Apr 21, 2011
I really did want this to be my next phone but I wanted a newer looking screen and this does not feel like "it"

atembleque

Jan 15, 2013
A Coruña
I was specting better specs, now at Spain Pixel 6 costs 579 € and the upcoming Pixel 6a will cost 459€. It's not a big difference, and you have to renounce to all this great sweets:
120 Hz
50 MP Camera
IP 68 WR
Wireless charging
Better materials...

Consider it are 24€ each

Now I'm considering to buy a Pixel 6 to change my old (and great) Pixel 3

Last edited:

kkm6761

Jan 2, 2021
WTF cares about display refresh rates? Are we going to talk about giant display size nonsense? I too wanted the 6a, but the phone's size is for Hulk hands, so I am getting iPhone mini.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
WTF cares about display refresh rates? Are we going to talk about giant display size nonsense? I too wanted the 6a, but the phone's size is for Hulk hands, so I am getting iPhone mini.

They're not as giant as you think because they've gone to stupidly tall and skinny aspect ratios. Even the P6P with a so-called 6.71" screen, is not as big of a screen as a Nexus 6 with 5.95" screen.

Meisterchef

Jan 29, 2018
Eventually you should wait. In germany Mediamarkt and Amazon had a sale and dropped the Pixel 6 for 441€. This is 18€ lower than the P6a. I also looked forward to the P6a but at that price? Idk
Furthermore the P6a has gorilla glas 3. For this price in 2022 it should have at least gg5.

Maybe you should wait for a sellout of the P6 as well or wait for an insane price drop of the P6a

May 8, 2014
Pune
This is especially painful for Indian android enthusiasts, We didn't get a Pixel device since Pixel 4A. Despite being the second-largest smartphone market in the world, we didn't get pixel 6 or 6 pro. and now we are getting this 6a with sub-par specs. There are no good phones in the Indian market for enthusiasts. Only Moto edge 30 series comes close to pixels, but that too, with limited dev support on XDA, making it unappealing for people like us.

Reactions: t-ryder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Meh. I have a 120hz screen on my OnePlus 9 and shut it off to save battery.
    This is especially painful for Indian android enthusiasts, We didn't get a Pixel device since Pixel 4A. Despite being the second-largest smartphone market in the world, we didn't get pixel 6 or 6 pro. and now we are getting this 6a with sub-par specs. There are no good phones in the Indian market for enthusiasts. Only Moto edge 30 series comes close to pixels, but that too, with limited dev support on XDA, making it unappealing for people like us.
    Is it really a 60Hz display, I was planning to get this phone!
    Is it really a 60Hz display, I was planning to get this phone!
    yep. i keep looking to see if they're like "suprise! just kidding its 90" but no
    Meh. I have a 120hz screen on my OnePlus 9 and shut it off to save battery.