Question Are we going to talk about this 60hz nonsense?

Search This thread

yashpatel99

Aug 24, 2017
OnePlus 6
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I think most people haven't used 6a in person(I have been using it for more than a month now). This the smoothest 60hz smartphone I have ever used. I compared it back to back with my friend iPhone 14 pro. It's between iPhone's 120hz and iPhones's 60 hz. But very close to iPhone's 120hz. I don't know how Google did it but this thing feels extremly smooth to use. Just try it once. And I bet you're not gonna complain about 120hz. Most of you guys are coparing it to chi-fi devices from Nothing, Poco, etc which have the best specs you can ever image but real life experiece is completely opposite to it.

I let my friends try my 6a. One has a Oneplus 8t and other has a Nothing phone 1. First thing they both said after using it was "Wow this thing is smooth". They all thought that this has some kind of high refresh rate screen. And were shocked to know that it was just 60hz. It's that smooth.

So forget the specsheet and give 6a a shot if you love Pixels. I guarantee you, that you're gonna love this phone. It's insanely good.

Reactions: DB126 and Meloferz

pj1980

May 1, 2012
I was really hoping that an exploit to enable 90hz would be available by now after reading that the screen was capable of it a while back 🙁 I know I can buy the p6 or p7 but I really want a small and lightweight pixel phone.

imor

May 28, 2013
What I am really missing on my 6a is not the refresh rate but the 6 Pro's telescope camera and the 7's photo unblur..

Did few tweaks and battery life is almost holding 1.5 to 2 days btw..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was an INSTANT buy for me with even a 90hz screen. WTH google? I understand you want to save battery life, but if the Tensor can handle 120 would it really hog so much juice at 90? did you have a bunch of 60hz screens lying around??
    Nonsense thread, buy Pixel 6/6 Pro instead if you don't like 60 Hz, end of history.
    Honestly this is a pretty annoying complaint. "I didn't want to spend the money on an Audi, so I bought a Volkswagen. Why doesn't my Volkswagen have air conditioned seats?!"

The Pixel 6a is a midrange device. If you want premium features, you're going to have to pay a premium price. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything; regardless of how you feel about Google cutting costs, they're going to continue to do so to bring the price down.
    This was an INSTANT buy for me with even a 90hz screen. WTH google? I understand you want to save battery life, but if the Tensor can handle 120 would it really hog so much juice at 90? did you have a bunch of 60hz screens lying around??
    Is it really a 60Hz display, I was planning to get this phone!
    When budget phones with 90/120Hz refresh rate cost lower than this "budget phone" with 60Hz, the discussion to defend it becomes a joke.
    I don't think they're defending it so much as wtf cares? If you're concerned about it look elsewhere whether or not it's less expensive or more expensive. Basically you don't want it then don't buy it. What purpose is it to criticize them other than simple bashing?