• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Are you happy with Android 10 on this phone?

Search This thread

MArtyChubbs

I've been running Android 10 since release and I have to say it has been the poorest experience yet since the phone first came out. It is too aggressive closing background processes. I can't have a podcast play to completion without it just closing and even forgetting where I left off. The leg is horrible and my battery life has gotten worse since pie.

Am I alone or is anyone else having a similar experience?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
I like 10...No issues other then bluetooth connectivity occasionally acts up when connecting to my vehicle and running Pandora. I never cared for 9 and went back to 8.1 on my PH-1 until a stable version of 10 is available.

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I've been running Android 10 since release and I have to say it has been the poorest experience yet since the phone first came out. It is too aggressive closing background processes. I can't have a podcast play to completion without it just closing and even forgetting where I left off. The leg is horrible and my battery life has gotten worse since pie. Am I alone or is anyone else having a similar experience?
Other than Google headed toward completely locking down recovery, I've been happy with it. Stock, rooted, EX kernel. Not experiencing any memory or lag issues at all.

Reactions: swieder711

Mar 18, 2012
haguenau
Hello,

I have the device since ~ two months. I don't have any special complaint...

Battery is rather good for the moment. September version was quite buggy..!
I think the october release improved the experience a lot...

Actually stock October image + Root + EX Kernel.

Cheers...

Sébastien.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
I only have two issues, and both aren't deal breakers, but they are concerning a bit. The first is random reboots like once a week. It doesn't matter what I'm doing as it just decides to reboot. The other is a bit more concerning as it happened twice since 10 was officially released. Again it doesn't matter what I'm doing, and the screen will go black, and become unresponsive. I have to force a manual reboot, and when it tried to boot the splash screen flashes several times, and then it boots into recovery with a message "Could not load Android OS. You can try again, or do a factory resest.". I selected "Try Again", and it booted normally, but I don't like risking that. Other than those two issue it's been super smooth, and very snappy. I have no complaints about performance at all when it's working normally.

divvykev

Aug 16, 2012
Chester
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I've been running Android 10 since release and I have to say it has been the poorest experience yet since the phone first came out. It is too aggressive closing background processes. I can't have a podcast play to completion without it just closing and even forgetting where I left off. The leg is horrible and my battery life has gotten worse since pie.

Am I alone or is anyone else having a similar experience?

Glad you've mentioned the podcast problem. Same here. Either stops randomly and when going back in then it's back to the beginning. Are you using Google Podcast app?

MArtyChubbs

Yes, that app has been the most frustrating. Although, iheart has given me the same problem. Nothing like listening to a 4 hour episode of Hardcore History and then losing where I was just for checking how bad I'm doing in fantasy football. Double kick in the nuts...

Rafsxd

Feb 9, 2014
I liked the Android 10. Don't have problem with apps closing or RAM issues. My problem is with the battery draining. Already done a factory reset after the OTA, but the battery life is getting worse every day. Have no social networks besides WhatsApp, using a few data because I live in small town that every place that I go have wi-fi. Using pie, have 36/38 hours with 4.5/5 hours os screen. With Android 10 now have 30 hours at best with 5/5.5 SOT. Battery is draining like 2% per hour, and it really bothers me. Also, full stock here. Probably will back to Pie soon.

MArtyChubbs

I liked the Android 10. Don't have problem with apps closing or RAM issues. My problem is with the battery draining. Already done a factory reset after the OTA, but the battery life is getting worse every day. Have no social networks besides WhatsApp, using a few data because I live in small town that every place that I go have wi-fi. Using pie, have 36/38 hours with 4.5/5 hours os screen. With Android 10 now have 30 hours at best with 5/5.5 SOT. Battery is draining like 2% per hour, and it really bothers me. Also, full stock here. Probably will back to Pie soon.
Have you tried Nov update?

iamjimmy

Dec 11, 2013
The battery life on P3XL is garbage. The P3XL is 2 months old. I have a 2 year P2XL with the exact same setup and the exact same apps. The battery life on P2XL is at least 50% better, even though it has been used for 2 years.
With identical usage, the P3XL drains battery twice as fast as P2XL. I've compared multiple scenarios with identical usage on both phones.

So no amount of Vodoo magic will fix the battery in P3XL. It's just terrible. My hypothesis is the battery temperature. I have an app that measures battery temperature and the P3XL seems to have a similar problem as P1XL - it runs WARM.
The P2XL, however runs much cooler in temperature So for ex, browsing Chrome and checking email, the P3XL might be at 35-37 Celsius, but the P2XL will be at less than 25 Celsius in exact same conditions.
Charging the P3XL also make it reach sometimes 40 Celsius, playing game over 45 Celsius. The P2XL almost never goes over 30 Celsius even on heavy load.

The battery in P3XL also drains very quickly with screen usage. I think the phone suffers from poor optimization, bad thermals, overheating and a battery hungry screen.
I'm always stressed out when being out without a charger for the P3XL. With the P2XL - it's never been a problem. I only charge it after 2 days.

Reactions: MArtyChubbs

pahlerc1

Jan 9, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Other than Google headed toward completely locking down recovery, I've been happy with it. Stock, rooted, EX kernel. Not experiencing any memory or lag issues at all.

This is exactly how I feel. Sad Google decided to lock-down recovery, but it was just a matter of time. Wouldn't be surprised if this is just another step towards eventually removing us from obtaining root. (hope not)

But other than that, I love Android 10.. I love dark mode, bluetooth has been stable for me and stock rom with EX kernel has been great. But that's also been the combo I've had on my phone for years dating back to the Nexus 6P.

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Just leaving this here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-015200.png
    Screenshot_20191110-015200.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 202

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    to me, Android 10 has been the worst update on the Pixel 3 XL.
    Just leaving this here
    I've been running Android 10 since release and I have to say it has been the poorest experience yet since the phone first came out. It is too aggressive closing background processes. I can't have a podcast play to completion without it just closing and even forgetting where I left off. The leg is horrible and my battery life has gotten worse since pie. Am I alone or is anyone else having a similar experience?
    The battery life on P3XL is garbage. The P3XL is 2 months old. I have a 2 year P2XL with the exact same setup and the exact same apps. The battery life on P2XL is at least 50% better, even though it has been used for 2 years.
    With identical usage, the P3XL drains battery twice as fast as P2XL. I've compared multiple scenarios with identical usage on both phones.

So no amount of Vodoo magic will fix the battery in P3XL. It's just terrible. My hypothesis is the battery temperature. I have an app that measures battery temperature and the P3XL seems to have a similar problem as P1XL - it runs WARM.
    The P2XL, however runs much cooler in temperature So for ex, browsing Chrome and checking email, the P3XL might be at 35-37 Celsius, but the P2XL will be at less than 25 Celsius in exact same conditions.
    Charging the P3XL also make it reach sometimes 40 Celsius, playing game over 45 Celsius. The P2XL almost never goes over 30 Celsius even on heavy load.

The battery in P3XL also drains very quickly with screen usage. I think the phone suffers from poor optimization, bad thermals, overheating and a battery hungry screen.
    I'm always stressed out when being out without a charger for the P3XL. With the P2XL - it's never been a problem. I only charge it after 2 days.
    Stock everything no root and I just restrict the apps that I don't want running in the background. Location to always use when in use of the app