Question Are you interested in getting the Nothing Phone (1)?

Are you interested in getting the (1)?

• YES!!! I LOVE YOU CARL! TAKE MY MONEY!

• Sure thing! If it's priced right.

• I'm hesitant, wouldn't get one right away. Maybe the (2)?

• This project is already dead, we'll never get to see this phone.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Nothing to see here, move along. Lol, just wanted to be the first one to make that joke.

So, we know virtually Nothing yet (so many jokes) but the ambition is clear: become what OnePlus used to be.
The question is: would you get one? Feel free to share your demands below.

#NeverSettle. Err, I mean #NoCompromise or something.

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
Moto G7
Nothing to see here, move along. Lol, just wanted to be the first one to make that joke.

So, we know virtually Nothing yet (so many jokes) but the ambition is clear: become what OnePlus used to be.

Depends on price. If it's cheap like realme and xiaomi then yes it's worth price . But if it's overpriced like Samsung or apple then no it's not worth price.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
I saw the article which caught my interest. With a name such as "Nothing" I was excited that it might be a vanilla AOSP phone with no preinstalled apps except F-Droid and Aurora Store.
If they are going to be as 'open' as they claim to be it should be a breeze to unlock and flash whatever you want. If they follow in the footsteps of the OnePlus One and even improve on that concept then it should be the most development friendly (mainstream) phone ever.

Sib64

May 27, 2010
Somewhere in Brittany
HTC One X
HTC Desire
If they are going to be as 'open' as they claim to be it should be a breeze to unlock and flash whatever you want. If they follow in the footsteps of the OnePlus One and even improve on that concept then it should be the most development friendly (mainstream) phone ever.
Why be so critical of a product we don't know yet?
You just have to remember that not so long ago a large majority of smartphones were open and you could practically unlock it easily and flash what you wanted. You just had to wait for the kernel to be available.
I'm also looking forward to seeing what this new smartphone will be like. I've been on HTC for a long time, then I tested the OP7T, which disappointed me a bit and I followed the other OnePlus models which didn't really convince me.
Unlike some people, I don't swear by one brand, so I'm not really a fanboy, but I try to remain pragmatic and open to what can be offered. So I'm waiting and looking forward to see what Nothing will produce.
I hope it will be a really open smartphone so that we can integrate other external products to Nothing, according to our choices and desires.

kallest1100

Oct 16, 2008
Mod Edit├┤Adding automated English translation├
Yes, definitely interesting.
Ja, auf jeden Fall interessant.
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Read more...

Last edited by a moderator:

dj_m

Waiting to see the price. I have good expectations as it wants to redo the same magic as the 1+1 and on top of that they have bought essential phone assets. These were the best phones I had. Still have my ph1 with a cracked screen just to relief from time to time the itch to flash a ROM. Something my daily s10 can't do

Sib64

May 27, 2010
Somewhere in Brittany
HTC One X
HTC Desire
Waiting to see the price. I have good expectations as it wants to redo the same magic as the 1+1 and on top of that they have bought essential phone assets. These were the best phones I had. Still have my ph1 with a cracked screen just to relief from time to time the itch to flash a ROM. Something my daily s10 can't do
I don't know much more than most people, but I think the selling price should be between 400/600€ for a wide price range.

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
I don't know much more than most people, but I think the selling price should be between 400/600€ for a wide price range.
I think we can all agree that 300-400 won't be feasible any longer to achieve flagship specs like they did back in 2014. The price range you've mentioned would indeed hit the sweet spot. Anything upwards of that will quickly have the masses lose interest. I'd definitely shell out €500 for a new flagship killer.

Sib64

May 27, 2010
Somewhere in Brittany
HTC One X
HTC Desire
Mod Edit├┤Quoted post removed├
Hey,
This topic doesn't concern your invite codes but if youre interresting by the Nothing Phone(1).
It's not necessary to pollute in posting everywhere your invite codes.
here => https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/info-nothing-phone-1.4421217/post-87126311
same post here => https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/nothing-phone-1-invite-link-share-thread.4461079/post-87127415
again here => https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/nothing-phone-1-invite-link-share-thread.4461079/post-87126249

It's borderline spam!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't imagine there wouldn't be any LOS available for this device but this is an excellent point:
    If they're just going to be another one of those companies that just refuses to release sources for their most prominent gimmick, they are already dead.

Edit: I just remembered Carl Pei's speech when he first outlined their plans on how open and compatible their ecosystem will be so it shouldn't be of any concern. If he's true to his word, we're in for some major development candy!
    I'd definitely want one IF we will see a full working degoogled Lineage version including Glyph. So as long as no root and no Lineage is available I'll rest with my fully degoogled OP7pro running Murena.
    Definitely interested in the phone because it got wireless charging and a flat screen which is rare for that price. Is it known if Nothing voids warranty for rooting? This would strongly influence my decision.
    Hi,
    Hate or blame comments are easier to write than positive ones.
    I don't have the Phone(1) yet because I had a problem ordering it (my mistake) and so I postponed my order, but I'm looking forward to it.
    So Nothing being a new brand, without the resources of Samsung. They launched the Phone(1) with a bit of haste, with some mistakes in the orders and some communications.
    But I think that for your needs, you will be able to enjoy this smartphone.
    I would advise you to wait a bit before ordering it and wait until mid or end of August to place your order.;)

Thank you for your message.
    Indeed, it sounds wise 🧙‍♂️
    I will wait some weeks to check how it looks when the rush of the launching is behind us.
    And maybe I will be a proud member of this part of the forum 😁

Why be so critical of a product we don't know yet?
    You just have to remember that not so long ago a large majority of smartphones were open and you could practically unlock it easily and flash what you wanted. You just had to wait for the kernel to be available.
    I'm also looking forward to seeing what this new smartphone will be like. I've been on HTC for a long time, then I tested the OP7T, which disappointed me a bit and I followed the other OnePlus models which didn't really convince me.
    Unlike some people, I don't swear by one brand, so I'm not really a fanboy, but I try to remain pragmatic and open to what can be offered. So I'm waiting and looking forward to see what Nothing will produce.
    I hope it will be a really open smartphone so that we can integrate other external products to Nothing, according to our choices and desires.
    I saw the article which caught my interest. With a name such as "Nothing" I was excited that it might be a vanilla AOSP phone with no preinstalled apps except F-Droid and Aurora Store.
    I think we can all agree that 300-400 won't be feasible any longer to achieve flagship specs like they did back in 2014. The price range you've mentioned would indeed hit the sweet spot. Anything upwards of that will quickly have the masses lose interest. I'd definitely shell out €500 for a new flagship killer.
    Bullwinkle:"Watch me pull a rabbit out of my..."