Question Are you interested in switching to a Google Pixel 7 Pro?

Will you crack for the new Pixel 7 Pro ?

• Yes, I absolutely want this Pixel 7 Pro!

Votes: 51 48.1%
  • Absolutely not, I don't like Pixel!

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I'm waiting to hear a bit more about it, including the price...

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • For the moment I don't know...

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
There is simply nothing to indicate that Google would steer away from that path. They consider a curved display to look nice.
As a S21 Ultra user I am going to say, my next phone is going to have NORMAL, I will repeat NORMAL screen. There is nothing more retarded in the phones than accidental clicks, I can't even count how many times I clicked on the edge and skipped movie on youtube etc.
I was thinking about getting Pixel 7 pro as it looks solid, but now when Androidpolice confirmed curved screen I can say only "Bye bye". Plus unfortunately 30W charging in nearly 2023?! Seriously google? Some xiaomi phones have 50W wireless :D

Karun_Thomas

Jun 4, 2022
As the phone launched in India I'm very interested in getting this phone but I've to learn more about it so I don't have to regret buying it!

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
As a S21 Ultra user I am going to say, my next phone is going to have NORMAL, I will repeat NORMAL screen. There is nothing more retarded in the phones than accidental clicks, I can't even count how many times I clicked on the edge and skipped movie on youtube etc.
I was thinking about getting Pixel 7 pro as it looks solid, but now when Androidpolice confirmed curved screen I can say only "Bye bye". Plus unfortunately 30W charging in nearly 2023?! Seriously google? Some xiaomi phones have 50W wireless :D
I'm the same too. I can't deal with curved screens. I hated it. Flat screen is the one way to go.

Reactions: joloxx9joloxx9

ern88

I have a V60 now. I'm torn if I should get the Pixel 7 or pixel 7 pro. Not sure if the extra cash for the pro is worth it or not. Guess I'll wait for the official reviews. When does the review embargo lift?

Last edited:

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
Yeah I'll miss my OnePlus 9's 29 minute 0-100%.
Yeah, that warp charge is something special. One of the best parts of owning an OP phone.

As far as am I interested, I'm very interested as long as the modem from the 6 is fixed. I probably would have had a 6 if it weren't for that fact. I've had nothing but issues with my OP9. Crappy BT is my biggest problem, but it just does weird stuff constantly. Probably the worst OP phone I've owned. Loved the 6, was ok with the 7 Pro, hate the 9.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
My OP 9 with the flat screen was no better than my 7 Pro. That surprised me. I usually have a bumper on my phone anyway, the curved screen is less of an issue.

I still prefer a flat screen, but the curved screen is no longer the deal breaker it once was for me.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
I have a V60 now. I'm torn if I should get the Pixel 7 or pixel 7 pro. Not sure if the extra cash for the pro is worth it or not. Guess I'll wait for the official reviews. When does the review embargo lift?

If you're on AT&T and trade in a device (LG v60 qualifies), the difference is literally free vs $3 for the 128 GB model and $5 for the 256 GB model. It's a no brainer for me.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah, that warp charge is something special. One of the best parts of owning an OP phone.

As far as am I interested, I'm very interested as long as the modem from the 6 is fixed. I probably would have had a 6 if it weren't for that fact. I've had nothing but issues with my OP9. Crappy BT is my biggest problem, but it just does weird stuff constantly. Probably the worst OP phone I've owned. Loved the 6, was ok with the 7 Pro, hate the 9.
I'm not that concerned about the modem at this point. My OnePlus 9 with a supposedly superior X60, I always have to leave 5G off or lose twice the standby and 20-30% screen on time. The Samsung modem in the 6 was said to be fine on LTE so if I don't like the 7 Pro on 5G, I'll just go back to LTE and be happy.

I can also adapt to slower charging. In fact I have been using my Anker 29W charger to charge my OP9 when I'm at my partner's house and it hasn't been an issue.

Samuel Holland

Well I jumped the gun, and have the middle pro version coming. The camera footage I seen earlier on YouTube looked phenomenal even though I usually am not the biggest camera fanatic. The one thing I find it hard to grasp is that my OnePlus 9 pro can charge faster wirelessly then the pixel can most likely hit eighty percent w/ a wired connection. And that's not to mention any of the newer devices charging speeds.

McTerry

I seem to be on an every-other-year schedule so for me that means picking up the Pixel 7 Pro. Started with the first-gen Pixel, the Pixel 3XL, Pixel 5 (which as my eyesight gets worse is a struggle), and placed the pre-order for the P7P on the 6th.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Well I jumped the gun, and have the middle pro version coming. The camera footage I seen earlier on YouTube looked phenomenal even though I usually am not the biggest camera fanatic. The one thing I find it hard to grasp is that my OnePlus 9 pro can charge faster wirelessly then the pixel can most likely hit eighty percent w/ a wired connection. And that's not to mention any of the newer devices charging speeds.
Something to keep in mind is that OnePlus (which I use and love) has TWO batteries in their rapid charge phones. This enables them to semi-rapid charge both batteries at the same time which "looks" like they are super charging one battery. So if Google and all the other OEM's did the same thing their relatively slow charging speed would virtually double and the time needed to charge a 2500 battery is half as long as a 5000 battery. So it makes it appear to be super-duper fast.

analyte

Jan 17, 2011
I took a leap and pre-ordered the Pixel7Pro to replace my OP7Pro. I haven't been impressed with the recent OnePlus devices so I'll try the new Pixel. If it's not for me, I'll just return it and go back to the 7Pro.

Norma Stitz

Jan 2, 2011
Redmond
LG V10
LG V20

I was a long time V10 and V20 user, and LG phone fanboy. I VERY reluctantly chose the 6pro over the V60 and have been pretty happy with my decision. Happy enough that I'm going 6pro to 7pro. I do miss the dac, headphone jack, and sdcard. But the pixel software features have made up for it. I was also turned off by the curved screen, but with a slim case, it feels like a flat screen.

Reactions: ern88

Perus

Dec 15, 2006
Osd
I'm worried about the modem, Shannon 5300 is most likely another iteration of Samsungs 5133 which isn't fully mature yet..

savaytse66

Oct 8, 2009
First off, I just want to qualify that this is not intended to be a negative criticism of the device. In fact, as it is, it's actually quite great! So far, everything is smooth and generally responsive, my battery seems okay, camera is definitely the best I've had on a phone, and I like the size.

But...I'm coming off a Pixel 3 XL, and honestly, I do not find the experience to be much different. Other than the camera being a clear upgrade, everything else just seems...the same. As I sit here, I kinda feel like if I throw a new tempered glass screen protector on the 3 XL, I could get another year out of it. So far, at least in running speedtest, the 5G (Verizon) on the 7 Pro actually measured SLOWER than LTE on the 3XL. Apps certainly run slightly faster on the 7 Pro, but not THAT much faster.

I need to decide if the added storage (512 vs 128) and the upgraded camera are worth it. So far, to me anyway, everything else is just an incremental upgrade. The thing is, I'm not sure ANY other phone is really going to be any better.

This is clearly a great phone, I want to make sure I am clear on that. I am just wondering if anyone else coming from an older phone has a similar opinion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If it uses the same modem as the 6 Pro, absolutely not.
    All good points, and definitely not trying to compare the two as equals. I think maybe in the three+ years I was using the 3XL, I adapted my usage habits to make the most of it. I'm just trying to rationalize if the cost of the upgrade makes it worth it for me. I'll definitely be putting it through its paces over the next week. It's here to stay, as I am getting ready to package up the 3XL for trade, and I'll be looking forward to all the developments in rooting (which I did successfully yesterday with zero issue), customization, etc. And so far, the users in this forum seem to be great, so looking forward to being a part of it.
    I never could get used to how memory starved the 3 XL was. I bought one last August to tinker with (first Pixel) and I switched to it as my exclusive device for a few weeks but ended up going back to my 12 Pro Max until I got my OnePlus 9 in February because I just couldn't deal with the multitasking issues.

So far I'm very happy with my 7 Pro. I traded my 12 Pro Max in for it at Best Buy and after all their promos and the $200 in gift cards for preordering they ended up paying me about $84 to take it off their hands so it was a steal of a deal. I did notice Google was offering like $280 or something like that for my 3 XL and I thought about doing that to unload the thing but the 12 Pro Max deal with Best Buy was just too good. I'll keep the 3 XL as a backup I guess.

I'm sure you will fall in love with 7 Pro as you keep using it though, it's always pretty sweet when you get a new flagship when you're used to an older one.
    Saving time copying hundreds of gigabytes of FLAC music to my wife's and my phones = priceless. :)

(due to USB 3.2 Gen 2 versus Gen 1 which is 12-year old technology)
    Will depend on modem. The modem on Pixel 6 Pro is absolute dogshit worst I have used.

But I will be getting rid of the Pixel 6 Pro, this is by far the worst phone I have ever used.
    Are you willing to spend as much or a little more on the new Google Pixel 7 Pro, which seems to be a best of smartphone?
    If you want to know more about the Google Pixel 7 serie, go to read HERE