Question Are you interested in switching to a Google Pixel 7?

Will you fall in love for the new Pixel 7

• Yes, I absolutely want this Pixel 7!

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • No, never a Google

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I'm waiting to hear a bit more about it, including the priceActually, I don't know

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Actually, I don't know.

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
Last year I preordered a Pixel 6. I was so hyped. New design, new SoC, stock Android, great camera. And then I got the device and there was problems with the screen, I had the accessibility service freeze bug and Google did nothing to fix it for months. I sent the device to RMA 2 times. Updates were delayed, more bugs came. It was a mess so I sold the device and made financial loss.

I dislike the fact that they made the display for the Pixel 7 smaller than the one of the Pixel 6, and I dislike curved edges on the pro version. Curved display edges are a stupid useless feature - it's no good for haptics and IMO it's marketing crap plus good screen protectors are either hard to find or expensive for them.

So maybe I'm gonna buy a Pixel 7. Maybe not. Right now I got a Realme GT 2 Pro and it's like the OnePlus device I always wanted, but the camera is not that good and it's missing the alert slider. BBK Electronics is not really cool and what they done to OnePlus and Oxygen OS is bad. Having a Pixel with Vanilla Android again would be nice. And the cameras are always very good on Pixels. I love that.

Let's see how much they will cost here in Germany. Maybe I'll gift one to myself for christmas. But I'll wait... not gonna preorder again. I've learned.

Last edited:
Reactions: zapper81 and Sib64

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / Mod & RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
The "expected" differences/upgrades on the 7 PRO are not awe inspiring to me IMO (since the 6 PRO received a lot of upgrades from previous Pixels) coupled with the idea of spending $900 for minimal, or unimportant to me upgrades just doesn't make sense for my needs.

I'll wait for the 8 Pro :D

Reactions: Sib64

Peter Johnn

Apr 20, 2022
I'm planning to get the Pixel 7 and I think this could be a great phone and a competition to iPhone 14 series!

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Not at that size. Way too big for me. I learned after I got the P6 that I'd never buy anything larger than my 6a. 7a is a distinct possibility though.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm planning to get the Pixel 7 and I think this could be a great phone and a competition to iPhone 14 series!
It might come within striking distance of the 14 and 14 Plus with their older SoCs (keeping in mind the Tensor G2 leaked performance puts it between a Snapdragon 870 and 888, nowhere near current flagship performance and current flagships can't even match the A15) but there is no chance it can come even remotely close to the Pros except in camera and charging speed (if Google chooses to increase it, I am betting it's the same 21~23W as last year). If Apple had gone to USB-C and introduced true fast charging this year I would have switched to the 14 Pro Max because I'm so tired of the random lags, overheating, battery drain, and gaming performance issues my OnePlus 9 has while my 2 year old 12 Pro Max still runs everything I have tried effortlessly. Like it's always funny watching these "speed test" videos that just test app launching speed and nothing else. Apple's optimization is next level.

• Wow
Reactions: Peter Johnn

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
I have a Pixel 6 and happy with it, but miss the telephoto capability. But my 6 is only a year old, so unlikely to rush - maybe wait for a deal and see how stable folk report it to be. Seems silly to invest in a 6 Pro, when a 7 Pro would get me an extra year's updates and by the sounds of it a slightly stronger telephoto capability.... Camera quality/capability is key for me.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
It's time for me to upgrade. My Pixel 3 XL is starting to have issues with the front camera, and the power button. It still runs great, but I don't want to chance some showstopper stopping me from using it soon, so I ordered a Pixel 7 yesterday. Should be a nice upgrade.

Reactions: NepoRood

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
My P5 is wonderful.

But I am pre-, ordering the P7!

It just looks terrific. I only wish hazel/gold was available in P7. But I'll settle for either Snow or lemongrass. Once I decide I'll order.

Reactions: Virgo_Guy

NepoRood

Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 26, 2016
Bugtussle
I'm ready for the Pixel 7 Pro, should be a decent upgrade over my 3 and 4 XL's. I know I"m going to miss some of the features that I've grown accustomed to over the last few years (Squeeze and Face Unlock) mostly.

I'm sure I will adapt, though

Reactions: bobbyphoenix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's see how much they will cost here in Germany. Maybe I'll gift one to myself for christmas. But I'll wait... not gonna preorder again. I've learned.

Well, f* me... I ordered one. Obsidian, 256GB, original Google charger (780€ all in). Gonna get the black Pixel Buds Pro for free, will sell them for like 150€. Gonna sell my Realme GT2 Pro for like 420€ I guess. Thinking of vanilla Android and the Pixel camera made me ordering it. I hope I won't regret. I learned nothing lol.
    Are you willing to spend as much or a little more on the new Google Pixel 7, which seems to be an excellent smartphone?
    If you want to know more about the Google Pixel 7 serie, go to read HERE
    They always seem to be an excellent smartphone on paper but disappointing in reality.
    Last year I preordered a Pixel 6. I was so hyped. New design, new SoC, stock Android, great camera. And then I got the device and there was problems with the screen, I had the accessibility service freeze bug and Google did nothing to fix it for months. I sent the device to RMA 2 times. Updates were delayed, more bugs came. It was a mess so I sold the device and made financial loss.

I dislike the fact that they made the display for the Pixel 7 smaller than the one of the Pixel 6, and I dislike curved edges on the pro version. Curved display edges are a stupid useless feature - it's no good for haptics and IMO it's marketing crap plus good screen protectors are either hard to find or expensive for them.

So maybe I'm gonna buy a Pixel 7. Maybe not. Right now I got a Realme GT 2 Pro and it's like the OnePlus device I always wanted, but the camera is not that good and it's missing the alert slider. BBK Electronics is not really cool and what they done to OnePlus and Oxygen OS is bad. Having a Pixel with Vanilla Android again would be nice. And the cameras are always very good on Pixels. I love that.

Thanks for the response! I too saw some reviews and the phone is less than the flagships of 2022 but I like the looks and I'm pretty much satisfied with this performance! iPhone nailed their specs and performance but I don't like their old looks so I'm going with the Pixel 7...
    Indeed. I am trading in my old 12 Pro Max for a 7 Pro today myself lol.
    Whelp I decided to pull the trigger. Vote changed!:)