• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Are you keeping the Pixel Buds?

Search This thread

orlans21

Jan 4, 2013
I'm curious as well. I use my sony wf-1000xm3 and theyre great. I'm just wondering if the pixel buds will work better with the pixel phone. I can't even get the buds on pre-order since they are sold out already. I've been trying to contact google to see if they would compensate me

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
I'm slightly on the fence but leaning towards either selling them (if I can) or gifting them. My wife and I bought Samsung Buds+ a year and a half ago. I quickly didn't like them, but my wife loves them. I also, unfortunately, washed the buds inside their case inside my jeans within a few months. Buds survived fine, case is toast.

I don't like these types that only rely on the ear to stay in. Since my experience, my brother and my sister both have come to the same conclusion (regarding competing manufacturers' similar products). I prefer the old Samsung Level U with a neck band. When/if the ear pieces fall out, they don't go far, and the whole thing is unlikely to be stuffed into my pants and forgotten about, and washed.

I might be curious enough to try them since Samsung's are the only ones I tried, but that depends on if or how much they will reduce the resale value - as I said - if they have any resale value at all.

Update: My wife now tells me she'd like to keep at least one as a spare, so now maybe I won't get rid of them. Can't sell them on Swappa besides including them with a phone, and I'm not too crazy about eBay these days.

Reactions: galaxys and znel52
I already have the pixel buds 2, so these are going to my wife. If you haven't tried the pixel buds, you MAY want to. I love mine. They sound great, especially with viper4android. And it has different touch/swipe functions that are pretty tight. Like, pause/resume of course, volume up/down, skip track/start over/skip back. It'll tell you when there's a message from someone you know. Which I love, since I rock these when I'm mowing. Google assistant ready. Also, they translate languages in real-time too (haven't tried it though). Anyway, all personal preference, but I love mine. I'm surprised Google didn't drop pixel buds 3 on Tuesday honestly.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Aridon

May 14, 2007
I'll sell or gift mine. I had bought a set at release and was not happy with them. They let it far to much noise from the outside and Google's adaptive sound isn't enough. Ended up getting some Bose QC after trying many types. Wife has apple pros she likes.

I really wanted to like the pixel buds but they sucked for us

kondi10

Apr 12, 2019
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I didn't realise these were free in the UK ,I thought you had to claim the Bose headphones free
I do not believe they are. there is absolutely no information about it. On the other hand, BOSE headphones are not available in the US and in the UK we do not have google pass. Different offer for different markets. We just need to remember to claim the headphones after we will receive our pixels, in the US they had to add them to the basket.

Reactions: combat goofwing

goddammit

Nov 22, 2009
The only buds worth keeping are Bose QC buds, which also happen to be the best on the planet right now. The rest are just various levels of junk, pixel buds being somewhere at the bottom.

Oaklands

Aug 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My son goes through ear buds like crazy. Always losing them. I will probably keep them in the vehicle for him to use. I recently purchased some Bose QC35 ii. I use them at work for phone calls and love the features. Yes they are bulky but very comfortable. I'll have the buds in my truck, so I can always have them if we go somewhere. Between my son and myself they will be used for backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really don't need another pair of earbuds... is it worth keeping? Are you selling them? How much do you think I can ask for? Thinking of Craigslist or facebook marketplace...
    In the UK we get Bose noise cancelling headphones worth keeping. They will replace my old Sennheiser. I don't like the buds, of any manufacturer, so I would sell those.
    As someone else wrote in another thread, I may pass them along to the gf since she has real trouble finding a comfortable pair and these don't seem to really lodge themselves in the canal and were comfortable for the few minutes I tried them.
    If you aren't planning on unboxing them I would just list them for whatever they cost in the google store and see what offers you get. Just indicate they are new and unopened. You can always gradually lower the price if you don't get any bites.
    I'm slightly on the fence but leaning towards either selling them (if I can) or gifting them. My wife and I bought Samsung Buds+ a year and a half ago. I quickly didn't like them, but my wife loves them. I also, unfortunately, washed the buds inside their case inside my jeans within a few months. Buds survived fine, case is toast.

I don't like these types that only rely on the ear to stay in. Since my experience, my brother and my sister both have come to the same conclusion (regarding competing manufacturers' similar products). I prefer the old Samsung Level U with a neck band. When/if the ear pieces fall out, they don't go far, and the whole thing is unlikely to be stuffed into my pants and forgotten about, and washed.

I might be curious enough to try them since Samsung's are the only ones I tried, but that depends on if or how much they will reduce the resale value - as I said - if they have any resale value at all.

Update: My wife now tells me she'd like to keep at least one as a spare, so now maybe I won't get rid of them. Can't sell them on Swappa besides including them with a phone, and I'm not too crazy about eBay these days.