• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Are you planning to install a screen protector?

Search This thread

_sC

Aug 29, 2016
at the moment, no.

the cover plastic said don't put anything on the screen,
the warning during setup said don't put anything on the screen,
the website care instructions say don't put anything on the screen,

yet there i was standing at a samsung experience store being asked if i wanted to buy a protective screen cover for the front, main, and back of the phone. i was confused to all hell.

after a bunch of back and forth, the workers at the store said that the warnings "mean to say" dont use an adhesive screen protector. the one they sell is applied with a spray solution.

my last question to them was "will it void my warranty?", and unfortunately, their answer was "no, it SHOULDN'T void your warranty".

once i heard that type of careful wording, i knew they had no idea what they were talking about, even the manager ( since this purchase was expensive, they had a manager overseeing it).

as of right now, i am still quite careful of how hard i press the buttons and what conditions i bring out the phone in.
if i start to see scratches, i might consider the main screen proctector, but for now, i will keep it as is.

sorry for the long reply. lol

Reactions: alizwiniy

fatouraee

Oct 20, 2006
Boston
I have installed 2 different types and this one has been the easiest to install, I have removed 2 of them so far and no residue left behind by the screen protector.

See attached pics of my phone with the screen protector applied. (I did mess up a bit and left couple of small bubbles in there and top left was due to me placing a sticker to remove a dust particle)

This is the one that i bought
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Hy...2332&sprefix=galaxy+fold+scree,aps,338&sr=8-3

PS. The fingerprint and some of the marks you see are not visible to the naked eye, Camera enhances them a bit and makes it look worst than it actually is.

Attachments

• IMG_5309.jpg
    IMG_5309.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 341
Reactions: Jeshter2000

_sC

Aug 29, 2016
i get protecting your screen and everything, but due to crap fitment and cutting, now the phone looks like the gen.1 galaxy fold.

can anyone chime in, who has tried a screen protector with edge to edge fitment?

searley

Jan 17, 2005
Southampton
i get protecting your screen and everything, but due to crap fitment and cutting, now the phone looks like the gen.1 galaxy fold.

can anyone chime in, who has tried a screen protector with edge to edge fitment?
I disagree in general use you can't even see the screen protector you have to look really close

Sent from my SM-F907B using Tapatalk

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
at the moment, no.

( since this purchase was expensive, they had a manager overseeing it).

How much did you pay for it ? im torn just had Note 10 + 5G land in my hand last week and Tab S6 as so am not sure if i should spend more money on tech as Note 9 is my daily dirver and my Tab S 8.4 LTE as well..

The Galaxy! fold looks awesome or shall i hold off ? i already took a hit for the Tab S6 it's costing me £1200+ ish i effed up didn't realise i took out a 4 year contract on the the Tab S4! As i got £700 ish left on it to pay off!

searley

Jan 17, 2005
Southampton
How much did you pay for it ? im torn just had Note 10 + 5G land in my hand last week and Tab S6 as so am not sure if i should spend more money on tech as Note 9 is my daily dirver and my Tab S 8.4 LTE as well..

The Galaxy! fold looks awesome or shall i hold off ? i already took a hit for the Tab S6 it's costing me £1200+ ish i effed up didn't realise i took out a 4 year contract on the the Tab S4! As i got £700 ish left on it to pay off!
I have a note 10+ and a fold.. both have good qualities both have bad..

For some reason I put my sim card back in the note.. then switched back to the fold within 24 hours.. for me the fold is much better

Reactions: Jeshter2000

_sC

Aug 29, 2016

the regular msrp. $1980 USD, or $2599 CDN, im in canada so this phone cost $2910 after taxes

i would hold off. if you've already spent that much money on other devices, theres no point being in such a rush.
the new year is here already. pay the remaining off or sell it somehow, have money ready for the new fold 2 (not the clam shell flip phone) if it comes out later this year.

good luck!

Reactions: N1NJATH3ORY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    at the moment, no.

the cover plastic said don't put anything on the screen,
    the warning during setup said don't put anything on the screen,
    the website care instructions say don't put anything on the screen,

yet there i was standing at a samsung experience store being asked if i wanted to buy a protective screen cover for the front, main, and back of the phone. i was confused to all hell.

after a bunch of back and forth, the workers at the store said that the warnings "mean to say" dont use an adhesive screen protector. the one they sell is applied with a spray solution.

my last question to them was "will it void my warranty?", and unfortunately, their answer was "no, it SHOULDN'T void your warranty".

once i heard that type of careful wording, i knew they had no idea what they were talking about, even the manager ( since this purchase was expensive, they had a manager overseeing it).

as of right now, i am still quite careful of how hard i press the buttons and what conditions i bring out the phone in.
    if i start to see scratches, i might consider the main screen proctector, but for now, i will keep it as is.

sorry for the long reply. lol
    I put one on and have 0 regrets! Comes off really easy and I like the extra piece of mind!
    I've used the olixar one on mine.. easy to fit and clean... removes easy without reside.. is very thin so does not interfere with the screen

I have installed 2 different types and this one has been the easiest to install, I have removed 2 of them so far and no residue left behind by the screen protector.

See attached pics of my phone with the screen protector applied. (I did mess up a bit and left couple of small bubbles in there and top left was due to me placing a sticker to remove a dust particle)

This is the one that i bought
    https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Hy...2332&sprefix=galaxy+fold+scree,aps,338&sr=8-3

PS. The fingerprint and some of the marks you see are not visible to the naked eye, Camera enhances them a bit and makes it look worst than it actually is.
    Olixar easy to install is clear smooth and easy to keep clean20191230_142736.jpg