Are you still happy with your tab s6? If you went back in time would you buy the same tablet again?

Search This thread

dodgebizkit

Sep 9, 2011
Kent
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I don't understand how you can say the Samsung keyboard costs a LOT when any official Apple devices are even much expansive, including Apple keyboard when they do exist ! And how can you say Samsung keyboard sucks when there is no better keyboard specially with the dedicated place for the S-pen !
I have one and I really love it !!!

In regard with bluetooth keyboard, this all depends on the quality of this keyboard and the price you do accept to pay for it... I have different bluetooth keyboards I bought before this Tab S6 and for using with Android phones and they are working very fine.

About the tablet vibration you can simply and easily change this option in the settings as you have the option to adopt these options as you which when you have none with Apple.
Android browsers are by for less buggy than Safari and at least you have the choice and there are no more bugs with this tablet than with Apple tablets !!!

Samsung Dex was not created to really replace a laptop, but it may depending of what you are doing with it. iPad is not doing better !!!

You simply don't know how to use this Samsung Tab and probably to lazy to search and try all Samsung functions such as "Adapt sound" or "Secure Folder" as simple examples which do not exist with iPad !!!
Same with SD Card slot !!!

I understand you are still merely a Apple fan but you can't compare what can't be compared and Samsung Tabs are much better choice FOR ME than any Apple iPad !
wow dude, it really bothers you that i point out the S6's flaws, and prefer the objectively superior iPad? Wow. Stop worshipping the brand, accept that not everyone likes what you like and dislikes what you dislike, that people who have used and enjoyed both have more clarity than someone who hasn't and that objective facts are facts, and they shouldn't hurt you. Enjoy your tablet.

dodgebizkit

Sep 9, 2011
Kent
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I finally got Android 12... it has improved the experience enough that I'll keep the tab s6 as my secondary tablet and not sell it. Im still by far preferring the iPad as my primary tablet, with the incredible processor, imessage integration and far better app library that is fully tablet optimised, but the s6 with 12 is still a slick, powerful and functional devide. It doesn't feel 2 generations old, it still feels new, and it handles most tasks just fine. I probably won't buy another android tablet though.

tronmech

I moved from a Tab S3 to the S6 on release day almost 3 years ago. I was taking college classes at night and was using the S3 to take notes. I upgraded to the S6 to get more storage and faster recognition... I'd buy an identical tablet today -- but maybe not at a $700 price point...

I have the official keyboard case for both the S3 and the S6, and the S3's keyboard case became REALLY finicky during use (disconnecting itself while typing, and being really unforgiving about tablet/keyboard placement). It became unusable, in fact. The S6's keyboard case is orders of magnitude better, thought it has its moments (pogo pins after 2+ years oxidize a bit...). And I think the trackpad is kind of a waste.

At the time, Samsung Notes didn't do handwriting-to-text, and STILL won't install on a non-Samsung Windows tablet. So I wound up buying and installing Myscript Nebo on both my S6 and my Windows laptop. I still use Nebo, even after graduating (though not as often) any time I need to take notes that I may need to send to someone else or when I need to do some brainstorming, since writing just works better for me than typing when I need to just think. Not a bad app for $5. (Now that it's $12, it's still not a bad deal, IMO, but read the <4* reviews before you drop your $, since some of them bring up valid weaknesses that may be a showstopper for you.)

Dex mode? It's OK. I use it 1-2x a month or so, but when you need it, you may REALLY need it if you're trying to get work done on the tablet. Just having a notetaking app, a browser, and Outlook up on the same screen is sometimes really useful. And split-screen just doesn't cut it.

dodgebizkit

Sep 9, 2011
Kent
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The s6 really holds up well after 2 years, I must say l while I still prefer my newer ipad air, there are many things that the 2 year old s6 does better! Dex, Amoled, 4 speakers, more customisation etc...

I think if I ever was to get an updated Samsung tablet, I think id get a Fold. That would double as my work phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, I do love it a lot after two years :) The HW, screen , sound etc. are just unbeaton. It's extremely thin and light. So I hold it easly in the left hand and type wuth the right :) We don't have to talk about Apple`s closed system, which can't be real,y modified or changed like android does. So waiting for the last major update to OneUi 4 :) After that I might root it ... .
    m.
    Yes, I do love it a lot after two years :) The HW, screen , sound etc. are just unbeaton. It's extremely thin and light. So I hold it easly in the left hand and type wuth the right :) We don't have to talk about Apple`s closed system, which can't be real,y modified or changed like android does. So waiting for the last major update to OneUi 4 :) After that I might root it ... .
    m.
    Exactly the same
    I tried tab s7: no oled and not better in any other way
    S7+: too big. Its as big as my MS surface book 3 when detached
    I got the lte version and as soon as I am at home my tablet replaces my phone completely. I would buy it again as it is with the kickstand (I actually like the kickstand but hate fact that it makes the tab more bulky) and they keyboard, even if I almost never have to use it. But when I do, (too lazy to leave the bed) I'm happy to have it
    Probably not. I mainly bought it in hopes of custom ROMs (and maybe even running pure Linux on it), or Linux on Dex support (even if rooting is needed). Sadly neither panned out, and we're left with a device that is amazing all around on a hardware level, but is limited by the OS.

I really wish someone picked up native Linux development on it, even a barebones Linux distro support would be awesome (though I'm quite partial to Debian/Ubuntu).
    Probably not. I mainly bought it in hopes of custom ROMs (and maybe even running pure Linux on it), or Linux on Dex support (even if rooting is needed). Sadly neither panned out, and we're left with a device that is amazing all around on a hardware level, but is limited by the OS.

I really wish someone picked up native Linux development on it, even a barebones Linux distro support would be awesome (though I'm quite partial to Debian/Ubuntu).
    I bought it with the same premise, I was almost sure we will have Linux on dex, and they just abandoned the project.

It's really sad tbh, the machine is great though spec wise but I'll certainly won't give in on premises when I'll upgrade.

Most likely a windows hybrid machine for me so I can have Linux too or an iPad.
    Overall it's been a pretty good tablet. I must say I'm surprised at the lack of community development for it. I do tire of the warnings when utilizing full brightness and loudest audio. Not buying the new one, way too big. I'll hold out for a bit, and see what else comes out.