Argh... 2nd time this happened.

Search This thread

raylgo

Nov 19, 2010
I dont really know what happened to the phone but for some reason, USB debugging and usb mass storage mounting has been disabled. It works fine in all other aspects except these two.

The first time it happened, it was fresh from a repair for not turning on anymore... That was easily fixed by LG within a day. The tech dude said something about "software upgrading".

The second time it happened, i was installing new apps straight to the SD and it wouldnt finish for like 10 minutes. So i turned it off and on again. Now everything found on my SD card wouldnt load and Settings would force close on me when I try to make it show all the apps on my phone.

I was wondering if this is a problem with apps2sd which I used... Maybe my memory card is too slow (class2) for the phone to install directly to it. Does anyone know what happened? :confused:

cyrudcb

Dec 11, 2008
Bucharest
Hello
I used app2sd and my phone rebooted for no reason. Now after uninstalling it works fine. The unmount issue is common to P500. Probably it will be fixed on Gingerbread firmware.

raylgo

Nov 19, 2010
So I'll have to hold off on customizing my phone until Gingerbread? =c

Guess I'll have to stick to phone memory for the apps not movable to the Sd on their own...

raylgo

Nov 19, 2010
Also, I believe my problem goes beyond just the unmounting issue... I'll try to have the phone reformat the card when I get it back (soon I hope... I already sent it to LG)

It wouldnt show me that USB debugging and mass storage mounting is on even though those are checked on the Settings screen. When I connected the USB cable before with those settings on, there would be 2 icons on the notification bar that indicates that the two are working. I dont get those 2 icons now...

I'll try to have FroYo move the apps to SD after installing to phone memory when I get it back. Maybe that will solve the "taking forever to install" issue.

I hope the SD card reformatting by the phone would solve the slow SD card loading issue.

Which would leave the USB debugging and mass storage mounting issue... T__T

I don't really have the sudden SD card unmounting problem....

Last edited: