ARISE Sound Systems™ - Auditory Research in Sound Enhancement

Search This thread

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Anybody know why I can't write to or even delete the Viper4Android folder? I can do the same with other folders...but just this one doesn't work. (trying to put the Profiles in there).

ahrion

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2013
@ahrion, dude... I hv noticed that HTC 10 has some Dolby Atmos files.

I've been trying to get your Dolby Atmos port to run using the default HTC files. But been getting force closes....
Is what i'm trying even possible?
Am i doing something wrong?

The idea is that rather than have 2 dolby soundfx (LeTv & HTC), i'm trying to use only the HTC one.
But the HTC one doesn't originally have a GUI.

But HTC 10 has a hardware dolby library (libhwdap.so), so i imagine that HTC's dolby implementation is integrated deeper into the phone.
Am i right in assuming that if we manage to connect the Atmos GUI to the HTC's dolby libraries we could potentially get cleaner sound because of the hardware integration?
@guitardedhero, any input from you would also be highly appreciated.
HTC 10 has Dolby, but it's not Atmos. It's a Dolby Digital Plus done very poorly imo. It's also baked into the hardware and rom itself, being controlled by proprietary software. ZTE kind of has a similar thing going on.

No way to port it.

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Use aroma file manager mate

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
Aroma file manager not showing up in the Store. Anyway... Is it just a Root file manager? Cause I did use a root file manager and it still wouldn't delete it. Maybe I'll try a different one.

Edit: yeah... I guess the manager I'm using sucks... Downloaded a random root manager and it worked.

Last edited:

dingermtb

Sep 5, 2010
Richeyville
Aroma file manager not showing up in the Store. Anyway... Is it just a Root file manager? Cause I did use a root file manager and it still wouldn't delete it. Maybe I'll try a different one.

Edit: yeah... I guess the manager I'm using sucks... Downloaded a random root manager and it worked.

PowerGrasp is good. I use it as my backup. Works when others don't.

Sent from Outside the 9 using my A.R.I.S.E. Zombiefied Exodus OnyX

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Out of curiosity, anyone here know anything about the Moto Z Force? We had to switch carriers at the new house because Sprint has 0 coverage here, so we went with Verizon and the phone was buy one get one half off. So this was what my wife ordered. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

Sent from Outside the 9 using my A.R.I.S.E. Zombiefied Exodus OnyX

joemill

Hi guys, after some days facing big issues (Too noisy sound, arise unsuable), after some posting never answered ... I decided not to give up , but to try again from start .. So i dirty flashed the rom (Stock cutomized MM rom), and installed on top just a kernel (Xceed), and ARISE Numbers 3.5. And this time, I have to say it works .. just perfectly, like before when i was using Lev, but with a better sound, that's my opinion.
I also tested Erisa, took it as a 'In test' product, nothing to say about the sound, just great.
One minor issue : each time I run Erisa, i have to refresh the library, is it normal ?
And one kind of suggestion , I dont know how far you can go in the link between Erisa and Viper,, but I was thinking about that :
In Arise, we now can play with settings and create as much profiles as we want, for example, one profile for each kind of music we listen. The kind of music is something that has an international coding, included in every song's file tag. If Erisa or Viper, could give user ability to build a table where they could link the 'kind of music' with associated profiles, with default values, I think this ability could become a must and unique thing in the sounds players world !!
ARISE UP !!
Maybe this time someone would answer something ? :)

Are you on the note 4?

G

GuestD0701

I just want to say that everyone involved in this,, as specially the main people, you guys are awesome!! I've used quite a few different sound mods over the years and Numbers 3.5 with Dolby Atmos GUI add-on is just amazing!! The profiles that are shared and everyone here thanks for your contributions and sharing! This is why Android (open source) is so great. I'm beginning a new job and my first check you will definitely get a donation from me! Thanks everyone!!! :cowboy:

If anyone has the same device as me and has issues getting it to work please feel free to message me on here or Google Hangouts: irishmanmcginnis@gmail.com I'll be more than glad to help any way I can. Thanks again ARISE team and everyone in thread who participates.

My setup: Nexus 5x, UberStock rom, Racer kernel, Numbers 3.5 w/Dolby Atmos add-on

Sent from my LG Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

Last edited:

ranaxda200

Jun 3, 2013
Kolkata
Hey ARISE family, as you know LG V20 stock ROM system dump is released, any chance to implement that hi fi quad DAC feature into optional feature in ARISE? It'd be useful for all external DAC users like me.

wrongway213

Recognized Dev & Contributor / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Google Pixel 7
Greetings everyone,

It has recently come to our attention that there is drama starting amongst users of this mod, "competing" mods if you will, and just general negativity crossing between groups. I would like to say on behalf of the A.R.I.S.E. Team, we official do not condone this behavior. Anyone you see in other threads or this one starting beef is not doing so either as a member of this team, or on our behalf. We cannot control what members of this site say, and so I am truly sad to see that there is hostility between people over choice of mod to use, or who did what better, etc. We can however control what we say, what we are about, and what we sanction. I would also like to clarify once and for all, as I do believe this to be a source of the confusion and anomosity, RatchetPanda is no longer a member of this Team. I am not announcing this to publicly point out there is some issue between himself and us - I simply want to clarify that what he may or may not say, whether ARISE is mentioned or not, is not spoken on behalf of this Team. We simply do not condone negativity. If we don't have anything nice to say we simply stay quiet unless there is a wrong that needs to be exposed - and even then, we hope to do so without malice. I am sorry that I even feel compelled to issue this statement, and to both other modders and users alike, I am sorry that you have witnessed or been targeted by this type of hostility. We do not condone it, and I ask personally that any user who finds ARISE to be superior to the other mods to follow our lead.

TL;DR We do not condone drama or hate here.
ARISE above the negativity!

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro

Aroma file manager is a twrp add-on mate

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SiNJiN76

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VugkSIf.jpg

A.R.I.S.E
    Sound Systems™
    Auditory Research in Sound Enhancement™

Greater than the sum of its parts...

A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems™ is an established and renowned Android audio development project known best for its cutting edge sound systems and trendsetting techniques, perhaps known even more for its unmatched support and assistance for users and its unrivalled community, breaking XDA records for activity - accolades only possible by doing things the right way, every day.

Many contributors make this project possible by managing the various groups and communities outside of XDA, providing the highest level of courteous assistance available anywhere. These contributors, many behind the scenes, are the backbone of this project and allow us to grow day by day in every aspect of the project. They are recognized as contributors towards the bottom of the OP. And of course, the entire ARISE™ family and community, the lifeblood of the project and an exemplary example of a forum's thread at its finest.

link --> Magnum Opus™<-- link​

Magnum Opus™ Objective:
    • To provide the most advanced and comprehensive collection of audio enhancement solutions available within a single package, with full transparency of sourced content, and fully supported by one of XDA's most helpful and respectful communities:
      • 300MB of exciting Android audio content from a variety of devices with which to create a unique audio enhancement solution tailored to your needs.
      • Jellybean through Oreo support.
      • 32/64 bit Qualcomm™, Mediatek™, Kirin, and x86 chipset support.
      • Full support for SELinux Enforcing mode and Root.
      • Magisk support

Provided by the incredibly talented Zackptg5 and his Magisk Resource. :good:
      • Sources of all content are provided via a collection of build.prop's from the sourced firmware.

Magnum Opus™ Modular:
    • The Modular solution prepared for Magnum Opus™ allows nearly everything to be installed or uninstalled multiple times, saving the user a substantial amount of time by eliminating the needs to wipe partitions or flash rom zip's in order to try a different sound system combination.

This Modular solution is possible through the use of a user-prepared instruction set (/sdcard/arise_customize.prop) of the desired installation or uninstallation of the available modules along with other module components like configurations, presets, scripts, and audio_policy manipulation. This file may be extracted from the Magnum Opus™ zip, placed directly in /sdcard, and then prepared using a text editor before the initial installation.

If not found, the installation will abort with Error 1 along with the necessary information on what to do next as well as automatically place this file in /sdcard for user preparation.

• We opted for this dependency upon the user to make at least one edit to /sdcard/arise_customize.prop before a successful installation is possible due to our insistence on familiarizing the user with not only the ability to control the installation, but to make the user aware of the enormous assortment and flexibility of available modules.

• The Modules:

• Core System module (required once during initial installation)
      • ViPER4Arise™ 2.5.0.5 module (optional)
      • ViPER4Arise™ 2.3.4.0 module (optional)
      • ViPER4Arise™ Profiles module (optional)
      • Dolby Digital Plus™ module (optional)
      • Dolby Atmos™ module (optional)
      • AM3D ZIRENE® module (optional)
      • Sony™ Xperia XZ Music Suite module (optional)
      • Arkamys™ Audio module (optional)
      • ICEsound™, presets, and configuration modules (optional)
      • Esira™ Media Player module (optional)
      • ViPER4Android XHiFi module (optional, not recommended)
      • AOSP MusicFX module (optional)
      • Dirac™ Power Sound module (optional)
      • deep_buffer removal module (optional)
      • SD Card permissions repair module (optional, can add 3 - 5 minutes to the recovery session)

• The Options:

• Below, is the arise_customize.prop file as found in the Magnum Opus™ zip. This file will be placed in /sdcard during the first recovery install if not already present and the installation will end with an Error 1 and its informative text print out. This step can be avoided by extracting arise_customize.prop to /sdcard, manually editing the file for the desired installation result, saving the changes, and finally flashing the Magnum Opus™ zip in recovery.

Code:
        # ARISE Sound Systems™ 20170424
        #
        # Magnum Opus
        #
        # /sdcard/arise_customize.prop
        #
        # www.arisesound.com

## !! This archive contains 300MB of data.
        ## !! Navigate to /system to ensure
        ## !! sufficient space is available in
        ## !! /system before flashing.

# Module description and information can be found in META-INF/getting_started/modules.

# The ARISE™ modular installation zip works by using this file (when present in /sdcard as /sdcard/arise_customize.prop) to determine if any modules are to be installed by a value of "true" for each line below.

# Any value other than "true" is the same as a value of "false".

# Add a value of "true" to desired add-on(s). Example:

install.xxxx=true

# The Core System module must be installed at least once and only once. Once the core module is installed, the value of "true" should be removed for future customization installing, uninstalling, or executing scripts and modules.

# If a rom update or system wipe is performed resulting in the need to reinstall the sound system, edit /sdcard/arise_customize.prop to include a value of "true" for the core module to complete your sound system installation, followed by removing the value of "true" from the core module once booted.

## START ##

install.core=

(40MB-175MB)

# Select either ViPER4Arise™ version below to be installed or ignore to not install ViPER4Arise™ at all.

install.v4a_2.5.0.5=

(4.5MB)

install.v4a_2.3.4.0=

(6.5MB)

# Add a value of "true" to any modules below to install.

install.v4a_profiles=

install.ddplus=

(15.3MB)

install.atmos=

(3.3MB)

install.am3d=

(3.5MB)

install.arkamys=

(170KB)

install.sony=

(70MB)

install.v4a_xhifi=

(700KB)

install.esira=

(3.6MB)

install.musicfx=

(200KB)

install.dirac=

(4.2MB)

delete.deep_buffer=

restore.deep_buffer=

repair.sdcard.permissions=

#

## Qualcomm™ Audio Effects Configuration START ##

# Qualcomm™ devices have the ability to select from four audio effects configurations using Android O (default), Asus, DAP (native Dolby Atmos), Huawei, Sony, or Stock /soundfx libraries.

# IMPORTANT!!

# If installing an audio effects configuration on a currently installed sound system, BE SURE TO INSTALL THE CURRENTLY INSTALLED MODULES AGAIN USING THE APPROPRIATE VALUES!!

# Installing Core is not necessary, but any other module IS NECESSARY so that those modules' entries are written to the new audio effects configuration!!

# As a reminder, any preferred or custom audio effects configuration can always be automatically installed during the Core System module installation by placing it directly in /sdcard named arise_effects.conf to result with /sdcard/arise_effects.conf.

ANDROID_O
        ASUS
        DAP
        HUAWEI
        SONY
        STOCK

Example: install.qc.ef**cts=ANDROID_O

install.qc.effects=

## Qualcomm™ Audio Effects Configuration END ##

#

## ICEsound™ START ##

# Add a value of "true" to install the ICEsound™ module:

install.ICEsound=

(750KB)

# The following ICEsound™ configurations are available below. a value of "None" will remove an existing ICEsound™ configuration to use no ICEsound™ configuration. Values 1 (default), through 6 select the ICEsound™ configuration of the same number.

# Although, the available ICEsound™ configurations can have a substantial impact on sound quality, the different versions are provided to find the configuration most compatible with the rest of the installation with incredible sound quality.

# Because of the unpredictability of this file's impact on audio and functionality, descriptive names for the different ICEsound™ configurations are not logical and are simply numbered as they are Example:

use.ICEco**ig=1

None

use.ICEconfig=

# The following ICEsound™ presets are available below. A value of "None" will remove an existing preset to use no ICEsound™ preset. Enter a value of the preset name exactly as shown below. Example:

use.ICEsound.pr**et=01

BATHSALTS       =01
        DEEPBASS        =02
        HOLYSH*T        =03
        KRAZY           =04
        MOVIE           =05
        MUSIC2          =06
        OUTDOORS        =07
        PURE (default)  =08
        PURESH*T        =09
        SHAT            =10
        WIDECLARITY     =11
        Default (pure)  =12
        None            =None

use.ICEsound.preset=

## ICEsound™ END ##

# The ARISE™ modular installation zip works by using this file (when present in /sdcard as /sdcard/arise_customize.prop) to determine if any modules are to be UNINSTALLED by the value of "true" for each line below.

# Any value other than "true" is the same as a value of "false".

UNINSTALL.v4a=

UNINSTALL.atmos=

UNINSTALL.ddplus=

UNINSTALL.arkamys=

UNINSTALL.ICEsound=

UNINSTALL.am3d=

UNINSTALL.sony=

UNINSTALL.esira=

UNINSTALL.v4a_xhifi=

UNINSTALL.musicfx=

UNINSTALL.dirac=

## END ##

• Once installed, remove the value of "true" from the "install.core=" line in /sdcard/arise_customize.prop for future recovery sessions when installing or uninstalling any of the available modules.
      • This allows for the modules to work in a "plug-and-play" fashion, otherwise, installing the Core System module again will replace audio_effects with the basic template - breaking functionality for every installed module with audio_effects entries.

• The Fine Print:

• Huawei™ Nova Plus Qualcomm™ DTS™, SRS™, libraries, and effects.
      • Huawei™ P9 Plus Huawei processing, libraries, and effects.
      • Huawei™ Mediapad M3 SWS processing, libraries, and effects.
      • Huawei™ Mate 8 libraries and effects.
      • Asus™ Zenfone 3 Ultra dynamic range compression, surround sound 3-mic processing, libraries, and effects.
      • Asus™ Zenfone 3 Deluxe libraries and effects.
      • Asus™ Transformer Advanced Linux Sound Architecture.
      • Vivo™ Y37 MaxxAudio™, BBESonicMax™, Speaker Boost, Spectrum™, and SRS™ processing, libraries, and effects.
      • Wiko™ Robby Auro 3D™ effect, libraries and effects.
      • Oppo™ R9S apt-XHD Bluetooth™ codecs.
      • Sony™ Xperia XZ libraries and effects.
      • ViPER4Arise™ 2.5.0.5 module:
        • ARISE™ themed version of ViPER4Android's latest DSP application with pre-installed driver. All ARISE™ artwork is the work and property of @churapa.
      • ViPER4Arise™ 2.3.4.0 module:
        • ARISE™ themed version of ViPER4Android's 2.3.4.0 DSP application with pre-installed Super Quality driver. All ARISE™ artwork is the work and property of @churapa.
      • ViPER4Arise™ Profiles module:
        • A comprehensive collection of ViPER4Android profiles created by ARISE™ Team Members and Contributors.
      • Dolby Digital Plus™ module:
        • Dolby Digital Plus™ system for Marshmallow - Oreo. Ported and themed by @thereassaad from firmware to be determined.
      • Dolby Atmos™ module:
        • Dolby Atmos™ Ported by @worstenbrood from Lenovo™ K4 firmware.
      • AM3D ZIRENE® module:
        • AM3D ZIRENE® system ported by @ahrion from Sharp™ firmware. Themed by our friend, D-rey.
      • Sony™ Xperia XZ Music Suite module:
        • A comprehensive port of Sony's Xperia XZ Nougat music system prepared by @guitardedhero from the latest official firmware featuring:
          • Sony™ Music 9.3.6.A.1.0 Beta
          • All music plugins
          • DLNA Home Network
          • SoundEnhancement
          • MusicFX (if not already installed)
          • Podcast
          • TrackID
          • additional Sony™ libraries, effects, and codecs
      • Arkamys™ Audio module:
        • Alcatel™ Pixi 4 Plus Power Arkamys™ Audio system ported by @guitardedhero from the latest official firmware.
      • ICEsound™ module:
        • ICEsound™ service and effect from SonicMaster 3.0 ported by @guitardedhero from the latest official Asus™ Zenfone 3 Deluxe firmware.
        • ICEsound™ Configuration module:
          • A collection of different configurations of the file used by the ICEsound™ service. This file has substantial influence on how the ICEsound™ service performs and functions with existing effects on the device.
          • Six ICEsound™ configurations prepared by @guitardedhero & @williwood from which to choose as well as an option to use no ICEsound™ configuration at all.
        • - ICEsound™ Presets module:
          • An incredible assortment of individual ICEsound™ presets meticulously prepared and tested by @secone00 using the native ICEsound™ presets file.
          • Preset options to use either the native, original ICEsound™ presets file or to use no ICEsound™ preset at all.
      • Esira™ Media Player module:
        • Esira™ (ARISE spelled backwards) is the official ARISE Sound Systems™ media player created by @Roi007leaf.
      • ViPER4Android XHiFi module:
        • The final version of ViPER4Android's "sister" DSP application no longer in development.
        • Provided more for historical value rather than intended use.
        • A very high-maintenence and temperamental application that performs best with /system BusyBox and SuperSU installations.
      • AOSP MusicFX module:
        • Automatically installed with Dolby Digital Plus™ and Sony™ Xperia XZ Music Suite modules when not already installed, this DSP application can improve compatibility and harmony of numerous applications and effects.
        • Disable MusicFX within Android Settings for best results and the ability to choose among available DSP applications through the Equalizer option of many music and media players.
      • Dirac™ Power Sound module:
        • Dirac™ Power Sound ported by @guitardedhero from the latest Oppo™ F1S firmware.
      • deep_buffer module:
        • A one-time script executed to remove the deep_buffer sections or entries from various device audio policy configurations.
        • When beneficial, it extends the processing capabilities of the ViPER4Arise™ and Dolby Digital Plus™ DSP applications during playback of streaming media.
        • Recommended only after testing with untouched device audio policy configurations.
        • A copy of the untouched device audio policy configuration is saved in the same directory with the extension ".backup" for convenient restoration at any time, if desired.
      • SD Card Permissions Repair module:
        • When needed, this amazing script by the Android shell guru @osm0sis is a life-saver when it seems as if your file manager is suddenly playing tricks on you.
        • This scenario is characterized by several peculiarities not limited to:
          • Sudden disappearance of /sdcard or its contents.
          • Sudden inability to create/delete content in /sdcard.
        • Even though we do our very best to handle and manipulate your device in the most responsible and respectful way, this scenario is unavoidable sometimes when writing content to /sdcard. This is the remedy for such occasions should they occur.
        • Be aware that selecting this module will increase the recovery session time by up to 3 - 5 minutes as the process of this script's execution does take some time.

Magnum Opus™ Installation:

• Extract and examine the contents of any zip thoroughly before flashing in recovery.
    • Dirty flash your current ROM according to the ROM developer's dirty flashing instructions if any other sound mod is currently installed.
    • Ensure that sufficient free /system space (300MB+) is available.
    • Boot to recovery
    • Install > Magnum Opus™ zip
    • Advanced > Copy Log
    • Reboot

Magnum Opus™ Auditing:

• We encourage our users to assess the installed sound system using tools freely available to all of us. Our goal has always been to empower the user with knowledge and transparency with the changes made to the device. There is no reason to just "take our word for it."
    • Dumpsys Utility:

• The dumpsys utility is our most valuable asset in sound system and audio effects configuration development and is the perfect way for a user to assess the proper installation and availability of the /soundfx libraries deemed appropriate by the installation script along with any modules installed by user input or instruction.
        • Examine /system|vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf or have it easily accessible for reference.
        • Launch Android Terminal to open a new terminal window.
        • Type one of the two commands, tapping Enter after the command. Be sure to grant root access, if necessary:

Code:
          su
          su -c dumpsys media.audio_flinger

Code:
          su
          dumpsys media.audio_flinger
        • Examine the generated output and compare the list of loaded libraries to the entries located underneath libraries { in audio effects configurations. An ideal installation provides /soundfx libraries that are compatible and usable with a device's firmware.
        • Scroll further into the dumpsys output to assess the different effects-chains created for the audio session(s). An effects-chain requires at least a service apk or service library and the corresponding effect library. Examples include ViPER4Android, Dolby™, Arkamys™, ICEsound™, SoundEnhancement, etc.

• Log Filtering:

• Log filtering is another valuable asset in development and is an easy way for a user to assess real-time status of any effect of interest. Log filtering simply means to narrow down the viewable log output by inputting a set of characters that must be present in any displayed log output.
      • We use and recommend MatLog.
        • Launch MatLog and grant root access, if necessary.
        • Tap the arrow towards the top right to expand any log entries on the screen.
        • Tap the search field to filter the log output by entering the characters that spell an effect/application of interest. Examples include ViPER4Android, Dolby, Arkamys, ICEsound, etc. Log filtering is not appropriate for library assessment without a corresponding apk in most cases.

Magnum Opus™ Updates:

• Unless specified with an announced update, no wipes are necessary to update the A.R.I.S.E. Sound System. Different sound system "books" are recommended to be installed on a clean /system or after a ROM zip flash.
      • Boot to recovery
      • Install > Magnum Opus™ zip
      • Reboot
    • If any undesired result or behavior occurs, dirty flash your current ROM according to your ROM developer's dirty flashing instructions and try again.

Magnum Opus™ Uninstallation:

• No uninstaller zip will be made available due to the amount of overwritten /system files.
    • Uninstall the A.R.I.S.E. Sound System completely by dirty flashing your current ROM according to your ROM developer's dirty flashing instructions.

Changelog:

• Code:
      [B]## Magnum Opus™ 20170506[/B] -

- More booted script corrections/enhancements.

- Enhanced the $SDCARD variable during recovery.

- Android O LDAC Bluetooth™ codec reassigned
      as a satisfied scenario component.

- Experimental build with arisesound_setprop
      disabled, enabling requires name change from
      arisesound_disabled_setprop to arisesound_setprop.

##

Contributors:

Credits:

• Thanks to @viper520 & @zhuhang for the glorious ViPER4Android™.
    • Thanks to @churapa for the awesome ViPER4Arise ViPER4Android theme.
    • Thanks to @ahrion for Dolby Atmos™ porting proficiency.
    • Thanks to Arkamys™ Audio for their awesome, original audio library.
    • Thanks to @thereassaad for the Dolby Digital Plus™ port.
    • Thanks to @smeejaytee for sharing the HTC™ 10 /system, the catalyst for the entire sound system and made Genesis™ what it is and for managing, maintaining, and researching the tweak.prop component.
    • Thanks to @sonophilos for managing, maintaining, and researching the tweak.prop component.
    • Thanks to @nericollin for the official website and imagery.
    • Thanks to @Paschfire for maintaining and managing our Google+ presence.
    • Thanks to @Roi007leaf for creating the official ARISE music player - Esira and for maintaining and managing our Telegram presence. A true multi-tasker, for maintaining the Aroma Installer version as well.
    • Thanks to @wrongway213 for maintaining and managing our Google+ and Telegram presence.
    • Thanks to @Zackptg5 for his ARISE-level of Magisk™ proficiency and top-shelf support. :good:
    • Thanks to @Shadowghoster for maintaining Magisk™ support.
    • Thanks to @BSDgeek_Jake for the highest quality IRS files on XDA - here.
    • Thanks to @kl3 for the tweakprop script.
    • Thanks to @J.E.N.O.V.A. for the Profiles & Convolvers thread.
    • Thanks to @Yoinx for the invaluable assistance and support.
    • Thanks to @osm0sis for the awesome sdcard permissions fix script that is a lifesaver for those that experience loss of /data operations from flashing zips that improperly write to /data. This and many other scripts can be found in his thread here.
    • Thanks to @dingermtb for the official ARISE Spotify community radio and for diligent testing and feedback, but especially for just being the person he is.

Thanks to YOU! for always providing feedback and never settling for anything but the best!

A brief installation video for Magnum Opus by @Roi007leaf:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTugNE7ML-4
    Pertinent Information

Mission Statement
    The ARISE mission objective from the very beginning was to create the go-to resource for the most comprehensive collection of unique and independent sound systems. Each uniquely named sound system is its own entity and not an update or a recycling of a previous, differently named sound system. The only evolution is our research and knowledge along the way.

We understand that sonic perception and preference is among the most subjective of life's joys. To maximize our abilities and resources, the vision is to have a growing database of unique sound systems written from scratch from which the user can choose and experiment with the different available sound systems.

There is no denying that the many different variables combine to create different experiences for different users and different devices. Providing individual sound systems instead of maintaining and updating a single sound system also eliminates the itch that is being on the latest and greatest version even though the user may prefer the sound of a version several iterations previous to the current one.

Remain confident knowing that it is certainly expected that many users will prefer one sound system overall even over the course of several new sound systems afterwards. Never feel disappointed if unsatisfied with a newly released sound system or feel pressured to be satisfied with the latest offering. Remain confident knowing that those that have curiously optimistic experiences could very likely have had a less than satisfied experience with your favorite sound system. Furthermore, the two different viewpoints may intersect at several other sound systems. The near limitless variables provide near limitless results.

However, one objective remains a constant: To provide the best quality sound experiences from installation to fine tuning the adjustable settings to create a tailored sound profile seemingly made just for you. Only the latest and the greatest components are used and any legacy components used are those that have proven time and time again to be the absolute best available at what they do. All you have to do is extract and examine the contents of our sound systems and compare to all other sound mods available. You will quickly realize why our sound systems stand out among the rest and why all the others sound similar to one another and have similar issues.

Finally, the community vibe and quality support are second to none and the lifeblood of this project. This project's growth and success is the result of many, many users not mentioned in the OP. We also take the condition of your property extremely seriously. If we are to recommend a user to modify their device by installing our sound system then we assume the responsibility to exhaust all available resources to ensure that the intended experience is obtained - no compromises.

That is why you'll never see a disclaimer saying that you are on your own after installing any of our sound systems and that we are not responsible for any catastrophic results. We thoroughly research, test, and dissect everything we make available to you in order for us to locate and eliminate any unexpected obstacle in the way of experiencing a sound system as it is intended.

ViPER4Arise™ Setup
    Open ViPER4Arise™
    Menu > Show Notification (block if desired by long pressing notification)
    Menu > UI Setting > Expert
    Menu > Save Effect Profile > New Effect Profile > "Stock" (this will help you find your working v4a directory if using ViPER4Android 2.4.0.1 or below)

Begin playing audio file
    Open v4a
    Uncheck Enable v4a
    Check Enable v4a

To use the Audiophile™ Profile with ViPER4Android 2.5.0.5's default directory path simply extract the Audiophile™ Profile zip and paste/merge the /ViPER4Android folder into /sdcard, /storage/emulated/0, or /data/media/0.

Paste/merge /ViPER4Android into the directory where /ViPER4Android/Profile/Stock exists if using ViPER4Android 2.4.0.1 or below.

Possible location paths using ViPER4Android 2.4.0.1 and below are:

Code:
    /data/media/0
    Code:
    /data/media/legacy
    Code:
    /mnt/runtime/write/emulated/0
    Code:
    /mnt/runtime/write/emulated/legacy
    Code:
    /sdcard
    Code:
    /sdcard/0
    Code:
    /storage/emulated/0
    Code:
    /storage/emulated/legacy
    Audiophile™ Profile ViPER4Arise™ Settings
    ViPER4Arise™ > Enabled

ExtremeBeats™ Perfection EQ Preset > 3.5, 4.5, 5.0, 3.5, 1.5, 1.0, 3.5, 4.5, 5.0, 3.5 (Enabled only on Speaker)

Convolver > Enabled
    Impulse Response > DFX Hip Hop Modern.irs or DFX Metal Rap Big Bass.irs
    Cross Channel > 0%

Dynamic System > Enabled (Headset only, when needed)
    Listening Device > Common Earphone v2
    Dynamic Bass > 14%

ViPER Bass > Enabled
    Bass Mode > Natural
    Bass Frequency > 40hz
    Bass Boost > 13dB

ViPER Clarity > Enabled
    Clarity Mode > Natural
    Clarity > 6dB

TweakProp
    tweak.prop source

Preparing an /sdcard/tweak.prop file before flashing tweakprop.zip gives the user complete control over any entries to /system/build.prop and is purely optional.

One or more tweak.prop presets will be included in the sound system zip for the user to utilize if desired so always extract and examine for any updated entries. Typically, a suggested and an alternate tweak.prop preset will be included. If /sdcard/tweak.prop already exists, the user can simply copy the contents of the desired tweak.prop preset, paste over the same section in the existing /sdcard/tweak.prop, and save changes.

If the user does not wish to utilize tweak.prop but wishes to use the provided build.prop entries, a simple copy of the desired entries from the tweak.prop preset and paste into /system/build.prop is certainly an acceptable option. Save changes before rebooting to test the effect of any new or removed entries.

getprop
    Our research is heavily dependent on knowing the properties of as many devices and roms as possible. The properties of your device and rom can be displayed by typing the following into any terminal emulator on your device after a rom flash or before installing the sound system:

Code:
    getprop

Tap Enter and the full list will then be displayed which can be copied to a new .txt file named using your device model and operating system. You can contribute by adding yours to the A.S.S. getprop Database linked just below under Downloads.

setprop
    The /extras/setprop folder holds one or more setprop files that execute during boot when placed in /system/su.d with 0755 permissions. It is recommended to "Enable SU during boot" in SuperSU's settings and, of course, SuperSU is required for this activity. When executed, the setprop script will add or modify build property lines until a device reboot to local.prop instead of permanent lines in /system/build.prop. This has the same effect as modifying /system/build.prop, but is less obtrusive and allows the user to boot to TWRP, in the case of a bootloop, and do the following:

Mount > System
    Advanced > File Manager
    Navigate to /system/su.d
    Tap the recently placed setprop file
    Tap Delete and swipe to confirm the deletion
    Mount > uncheck System
    Reboot

This is an easier maneuver than searching for a backup of /system/build.prop that was created at an earlier time, copy it over the bootloop-causing /system/build.prop, set 0644 permissions, and reboot. This is why /system/su.d is the recommended location to place a setprop by any name with 0755 permissions and not /su/su.d, as /su is inaccessible via TWRP'S File Manager.

The Numbers™ sound system will automatically install arisesound_setprop, (the same one in /extras/setprop which is only there for easy reference), during the Numbers™ sound system installation. However, at the very end of the installation, the installation script will search for /sdcard/arisesound_setprop and, if found, copy it over the default arisesound_setprop. This operation indicates that the user has decided to use a setprop other than what is provided by the sound system by default.

If an automatic installation of a custom setprop is preferred, the setprop must be directly in /sdcard and named arisesound_setprop resulting in /sdcard/arisesound_setprop. Again, this is only necessary if the user prefers the installation script to handle the entire custom setprop operation.

When a custom setprop is manually performed by the user, the setprop can be placed in /system/su.d with any name and 0755 permissions. It is important to ensure only one setprop is in this location so delete any other if existing after placing the preferred custom setprop.

Finally, setprop will only execute if in a proper script format beginning with a "she bang" header:

#!/system/bin/sh

Comments to describe or provide information should always begin with "#". A line that extends wider than a device's screen will always be viewed as a single line until Enter on the keyboard is pressed, ending the previous line and creating the next line, even though it may look like multiple lines exist on the screen by the time Enter is pressed. Only a single # is necessary at the beginning of this "comment line" and can be confirmed by viewing in landscape unless the single comment is a very, very long single comment line which extends further than the width of the device's screen even in landscape.

The third and final component is the command section of the script. The setprop script begins with the command, "setprop" if following, at any point, a "she bang" header:

#!/system/bin/sh

Following the setprop command is a space ( ) to indicate that the command is decided and ready to accept an "argument", which is essentially just data or content that is in a compatible form to be used by the particular command and space ( ) immediately before the argument. The setprop argument is very similar to the /system/build.prop lines when viewed as text. The only difference is that setprop follows the format of getprop, using a space ( ) in place of the equals sign (=) that is likely more familiar to most and almost always what is found when researching build property lines online.

To convert a resourced build property line to a single setprop script line using the necessary command and argument is shown below:

Typical build property format found online:

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Format to be used for the setprop command/script:

#!/system/bin/sh (only once at the very top)
    setprop qemu.hw.mainkeys 0

audio_policy
    To maximize ViPER4Android processing, edits to /system/etc/audio_policy.conf, /system/etc/audio_output_policy.conf, or similar file(s) are often required. These files and the necessary edits vary from devices and entries so providing a one-size-fits-all script to achieve this is not currently available that meets our standards. Our solutuon to this is to tackle each file one at a time to personally prepare it ourselves and make it available to our users.

Inside our audio_policy Database is an audio_policy Submissions folder that is intended for the user to upload the necessary file(s) for us to examine, prepare, and make available for use when placed in the audio_policy Downloads folder. We ask for the following format to be provided when uploading your rom's stock audio_policy file(s) to the audio_policy Submissions folder:

/(Device name and OS)/(Correctly named).conf

Once uploaded to the audio_policy Submissions folder, the prepared audio_policy can be found in audio_policy Downloads once finished and downloaded for use with the sound system at any time. After verifying everything is working properly with the prepared audio_policy, keep this file safe and accessible on your device any time you need to place it in your /system following a rom install or update. The audio_policy Database is linked below.

Please remember: The audio_policy Submissions folder is for you to upload stock files. The audio_policy Downloads folder is for us to upload prepared files for you to download and use.

Downloads & Links

arisesound.com

Older Buildshttps://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=59044https://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=59044

A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems™ Profiles & Convolvers

A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems™ getprop Database

A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems™ audio_policy Database

A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems™ on G+

A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems™ on Telegram
    For now, please Private Message any team member with your Telegram profile name to gain access to the ARISE Sound Systems™ Telegram group.

Bug Reports Form

ViPER4Android Support:
    A comprehensive collection of ViPER4Android information and support can be found at the ViPER|Audio™ series thread linked here.
    Unbelievable...

What you guys have just done is nothing short of remarkable. In case you still are unaware, history has just been made. XDA's Android Software Development forum has never seen this post count before!

The entire ARISE™ team is humbled by this milestone, this milestone which is 100% YOURS. You guys broke records in a timeframe that doesn't even seem possible, still in our 11th month of existence at this point.

This historic moment is because of each and every one of you, we only provided the forum for it. Day after day, you displayed the potential and the attributes of how great a thread and community can be, here at XDA Developers. A new bar has been set and one that is lofty enough to possibly never be reached. But don't worry or let that get you guys down! We've been thinking of you guys the entire time your milestone was within sight, preparing something especially for you, and for you to manage as an entire community! :good:

Following the link above will present you with the first of two rounds in store for you guys. The first round is intended to prepare you in a most efficient manner in order to be a force to be reckoned with during round two.

The first round faces the ARISE™ team members against each other for "The Sound System that Reigns Supreme!"

This will take place over the next 30 days and will be decided by your single votes and nothing else. We encourage maximizing your single vote by testing as many of the dozen team member sound systems as possible before casting your vote.

Admittedly, this is not nearly as exciting as you might have hoped it to be just moments ago. That's because this is merely preparation for round two: when you guys are the ones with full control of the polling system and sound system submissions, operating the ultimate face-off of champion sound systems. Round one gives you thirty days to come out swinging from the start. Of course, we know you guys will conduct this community-wide contest and yourselves in typical, ARISE™ army fashion! :good:

We always strive to leave nothing desired by you guys, but the AROMA installation simply could not coexist with this entire community-run project. We had to pick one, and we made the choice that effectively places the operation of this thread into your hands. You guys deserve it and we feel that a sound system just isn't enough for what you all have done throughout this entire project.

As you might have predicted, the Modular Installer is what makes this entire competition/activity possible. The manipulation of the single arise_customize.prop file provides thousands of different sound system combinations in nearly no time at all. This is an incredibly efficient and stable way of doing so much without altering the contents of installation package a single bit. :good:

Lastly, we'd like to use this most opportune and exciting moment to present to you guys, our absolute greatest effort...

We cannot thank you guys enough for the support every step of the way and for everything you guys do, making everything in this library of a thread possibly the most valuable thread on all of XDA when measuring content substance per page. You all should feel extremely proud, we most certainly are of you! :highfive:

ARISE UP!!! :victory:
    Man, where do I even begin? Perhaps, 268 days ago when this thread was created and this project was officially announced. It's surreal thinking back to that day with so much unknown at the time except for the ambition and determination of three individuals to push the Android "sound mod" further than it had ever been pushed. To shake up the stagnancy of an area of Android development that suffered the most ridicule and dismissiveness of likely any other area.

And rightfully so, if you care for a brutality honest opinion. The majority of available audio mods were hardly more than recycled versions of previous recycled versions of the same 2 - 3 year old handful of files, many files falling embarrassingly short of their hopeful contribution to a packaged product.

The prevalency of ineffective, renamed, and/or crippling libraries and binaries had amassed to a percentage that was destroying the integrity of all files circulating among the sound mod scene. After six months of ViPER|Atmos™ development, it was clear that something needed to happen: a complete redirection to self-sourced content from current and relevant firmware and an entirely new mindset to how users' devices were handled and respected.

And so began that day in May, the 15th of 2016. With a prototype build of our Genesis™ sound system, named to identify our first endeavor, our focus was to research and test in a manner and seriousness that had never been executed previously. At the time, the idea of multiple sound systems wasn't even a consideration or a plan. We simply wanted to prepare the absolute best sound system in all of Android's existence.

If successful, the results still fall well short of where we are today. What ARISE Sound Systems™ has accomplished in 268 days is nothing short of remarkable and even the most optimistic likely feel a bit embarrassed by what now seems like a most conservative outlook.

To provide just a little perspective: this thread is on course to amass more pages and user input in one year than the official ViPER4Android thread could muster in 4.5 years, the undisputed king of Android audio mods.

Consequently, this monumental achievement is not just the result of incredible success in maximizing content and knowledge. It is absolutely the result of unmatched community spirit and helpful, positive interactions between all who choose to pop in and have a take or seek assistance with a frustrating issue preventing a satisfying experience. Everyone with one or more posts shares ownership in the success and value of this project and community. In contrast, the official ViPER4Android thread during this same time has sadly fallen into a sense of dismay and a source of unhealthy amounts of misinformation. To no fault of current visitors and members over there, it just is what it is.

That is the value no one could have guessed back in May, that separates us from the rest. In all my thousands of posts, I've never spent one to say "Go read the OP!" or "Search the thread!" For us, your time and interest to participate or ask a question is a privilege. We value you and your time to stop at nothing to exceed whatever you may seek. One of my favorite sayings is, "Well, if we provide a direct and appropriate answer, that just increases the number of helpful search results!" We do this because we love audio, but we love helping you experience it even more. :good:

What we currently have is absolutely incredible. Deuteronomy™ has been a long and grueling journey for countless members here. We've learned so much with each sound system, but our knowledge from Deuteronomy™ 2.3.3 to Deuteronomy™ 2.68 is absolutely staggering and is the sole reason so much time was required to arrive at 2.68. We can easily guarantee that nothing has been tested, dissected, and scrutinized as much as this build. So much so, that this is easily the last sound system from us in this fashion.

We are not calling it quits by any means, we have simply maximized what we can do with this type of sound mod and far exceeded our hopes of creating the best sound system for Android ever made available. Our passion and yearning for knowledge simply demands us to evolve further into research and device manipulation outside the scope of what these sound systems provide. We think you will agree that there is absolutely nothing lacking from our final effort.

Deuteronomy™ 2.68, a version number recognizing every single day of learning, of growing, of failing, of succeeding, of making new friends, of being a family, is our dedication to all of you.

What you will find are two zip archives of 300MB of uncompressed sonic bliss. It may be easy to dismiss much of the contents as fluff or unnecessary weight. We assure you, every single file has been heavily scrutinized over substantial periods of time.

We call these two zips "Modular" as they incorporate everything we have to offer in a "plug and play" system. One zip utilizing the popular and convenient AROMA Installer, the other zip utilizing the use of /sdcard/arise_customize.prop, what we like to call the "wishlist" before installing as the file allows you to instruct how the installation is executed - very much like the user input using the AROMA Installer.

As usual, our methods and ideas are usually new and unfamiliar so it is difficult to fully quantify the tools we've provided for you to use at your disposal, you'll just need to dive in to fully quantify what Deuteronomy™ 2.68 brings to you.

As always, we are here to ensure the most successful and satisfying experience possible so don't hesitate to voice a concern or seek help if stuck somewhere during your installation. More and more detailed information will be provided during the posts following this one. This post is mostly our desire to acknowledge each and every one of you and congratulate you all for a job very, very well done. Deuteronomy™ 2.68 exists because of each and every one of you. Likewise, each and every day of these 268 has been crucial to where we currently stand. :good:

A.R.I.S.E. Family,

The moment has arrived!!! After several frustrations with not getting an effect running, delays, real life issues, and most recently, hardware problems, the A.R.I.S.E. Team is proud to announce the official release of Deuteronomy 2.4!!! :good::victory::cool:

It’s been quite a while since we’ve release a stable build and there’s been a substantial amount of changes. These are highlighted by:

- A user friendly Aroma installation thanks to @Roi007leaf and @docnok63 with the help of @guitardedhero to make initial installations and subsequent changes easy
    - Script adjustments for successful Pixel and non-Pixel installations
    - Option to install ViPER 2.3.4.0 and its Superior Quality driver
    - Added Dolby™ Digital Plus and AM3D™ Zirene surround sound systems
    - Sony™ Music Suite ported by @guitardedhero
    - Huawei™ Mediapad M3 audio and effects
    - Fully functional Arkamys™ Audio and ICEsound™ services (ICE is optional) with several hand picked ICESoundConfigs.
    - The latest LeEco™ LePro 3 Dolby Atmos™ ported by @ahrion
    - Option to install @smeejaytee Toolbox updated for Deut 2.4
    - Option to fix permissions of internal storage from the installer.
    - Various Team members' profiles pre-installed
    - Various @Joe0Bloggs DDC profiles pre-installed

There’s also a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide found at the root of the zip file and can also be found here. It is strongly advised that you read it prior to installation to understand problems that may come up and their solution. As with all version changes of A.R.I.S.E., a dirty or clean flash of your ROM is REQUIRED to rid your system of any previous A.R.I.S.E. install and any old add-ons.

The build has been a labor of love but labor nonetheless. We’d like to thank each and every one of our Alpha Tester’s Group members for all their time and valuable feedback. While we will be supporting 2.4 via Telegram and here, the Team will now be on a public development break for a while. We’ll be using this time to take care of various administrative tasks, researching effects for our next build, and exploring new avenues to bring A.R.I.S.E. in new directions and platforms. 2017 will bring big things from the Team! For now, enjoy Deuteronomy 2.4. We hope you’ll agree that with us in thinking it’s our best build ever!!!

Much love from the ARISE Team - thanks for waiting with us, hope you find it was worth the wait!!!
    ARISE UP!!!

The A.R.I.S.E Team
    @guitardedhero, @ahrion, @Ben Feutrill, sonophilos, @smeejaytee, @nericollin, @Paschfire, @wrongway213, @Roi007leaf, @aki_007, @Exclusive-R, @R3v3NT3CH, @ephexxis, @churapa, @Jacobh25, @dingermtb, @flieswithhawks, @Joe0Bloggs, @phamous, @mrrocketdog, @yoinx, @docnok63, @williwood

Deuteronomy 2.4 + Add-Ons Aroma installer: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120703424
    Deuteronomy 2.4 Sound System flashable zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862697105
    Deuteronomy 2.4 Add-Ons flashable zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120702046