[ARM64][GApps][Android 11] NikGApps [1st May 2021]

Search This thread

sauudmir

Jul 22, 2009
London
Did you skip Google Dialer during your installation?

Your system must have at least one app that serves as default dialer app. If you installed basic, you must have google dialer in place and you should be able to set it as default.

I'd suggest you to try flashing google dialer addon and then look for 'Dialer' in settings
I have figured out how to access contacts and my dialer is showing up aswell it was installed as Phone in apps but the contacts and dialers are very slow

Reactions: mrk2815

Terrails

Sep 28, 2017
Find below configs

mount.d and unmount.d
Set both of them to 0 and see if that helps.

Meanwhile, I'll try to reproduce in my device.
I did a dirty flash of the same update now and it unfortunately didn't help. My config file is located in /sdcard/NikGapps/nikgapps.config. Is it normal that a nikgapps.config.save and nikgapps.config.save.1 files were created?

I have also looked into the recovery.log file. Magisk addon.d always runs in the middle of the restore script from NikGapps:
Code:
Executing restore in NikGapps addon
- Restoring AndroidDevicePolicy
- Restoring AndroidMigratePrebuilt
- Restoring Assistant
- Restoring CarrierServices
- Restoring DeviceHealthServices
 Magisk 22.1 addon.d
mount: mounting /dev/block/sde48 on /system failed: Device or resource busy
! Cannot mount /system
- Unmounting partitions
- Restoring DevicePersonalizationServices
- Restoring DeviceSetup
- Restoring DigitalWellbeing
- Restoring ExtraFiles
Would the whole recovery.log file help? If so I'll send it to you via DMs.

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
I did a dirty flash of the same update now and it unfortunately didn't help. My config file is located in /sdcard/NikGapps/nikgapps.config. Is it normal that a nikgapps.config.save and nikgapps.config.save.1 files were created?

I have also looked into the recovery.log file. Magisk addon.d always runs in the middle of the restore script from NikGapps:
Code:
Executing restore in NikGapps addon
- Restoring AndroidDevicePolicy
- Restoring AndroidMigratePrebuilt
- Restoring Assistant
- Restoring CarrierServices
- Restoring DeviceHealthServices
Magisk 22.1 addon.d
mount: mounting /dev/block/sde48 on /system failed: Device or resource busy
! Cannot mount /system
- Unmounting partitions
- Restoring DevicePersonalizationServices
- Restoring DeviceSetup
- Restoring DigitalWellbeing
- Restoring ExtraFiles
Would the whole recovery.log file help? If so I'll send it to you via DMs.
This is happening because magisk addon.d script runs after a few seconds and if by then rest of the scripts are not executed, this happens. There is nothing that we can do about it from gapps end. Restoring takes its time.

Kreatiz

Feb 7, 2021
You can try flashing the rom
Reboot to the system, then again to recovery
Wipe /data
Flash gapps.

Alternatively, set InstallPartition=product

Let me know how it goes. Also would be great if you could send me the installation logs.

I try what you said but i miss some app of core, playstore didn't work, i've got no error this time on twrp
InstallPartition=product

Edit :i send you the log to pm, i tryed all the day, now i drop the mic lol

Last edited:

Frozen_

Jan 29, 2018
Got the same problem with #616.
One Plus 8 + lineageos 18.1 + los rec. Installing NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip, then got the storage space is full ( ERROR 1 ) . After using Installation=product , some parts of the whole pack are loaded, but the error still exists and the rest of the pack are not installed(like pixel setup wizard).

p.s. system and product partitions both have larger space than the package size according to the log

Last edited:

kadla

Apr 18, 2021
Hello,

I tried to put the Nikgapps on my S9 (SM-G960F), after I flashed the NOBLE ROM but it keeps telling me:

"Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file ..."

It also says that the storage space is Full :/

I put the log here if someone could help :)

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• NikGapps_logs_2021_04_19_17_50_35.tar.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 8

Postman1year

Sep 15, 2018
I have figured out how to access contacts and my dialer is showing up aswell it was installed as Phone in apps but the contacts and dialers are very slow
All the Nikgapps Cause Dialer Call Screen Disapper Problem, this is a very very BIG problem for my Xiaomi android 11 Phone(xiaomi CHINA development Miui 12.5 ROM, but no GOOGLE include), Can not Dail and Can not Recevice Call after Flash Nikgapps !!! the phone change to no telephone function PAD !!!!!

(I try from 2020-12 to 2021-4 all Nikgapps include Canery release, all are same BIG problem, I hope will be fix next version, thanks very much!!

================================================================

Below is the Solution of all Nikgapps Package Dialer Call Screen Disapper Problem(I try from feb 2021 till now, only this way CAN slove)

1. ) Slove the problem by Delete One folder Call "Overlay" in Extrafile.zip (within all the Nikgapps.zip package)

2. ) Replace the modified Extrafile.zip into the package (New-GAPPS.ZIP)

3. ) Uninstall the old Nikgapps.ZIP by modified nikgapps-config (all field "=1" change to "=-1" ) and replace the new config to /SDCARD/NIKGAPPS

4. ) Reboot installed TWRP Rec and Flsh the old ZIP (the config have been change to =-1), then the NIKGAPPS will show "Uninstall......"

5. ) in TWRP Rec , go to File Manger and delete the Folder /SDCARD/NIKGAPPS

6. ) in TWRP Rec , Flash the New-GAPPS.ZIP (with the new Extrafile.zip already delete Overlay Folder)

7. ) Reboot to System in TWRP Rec.

8. ) That all, the Dialer Problem Solve !!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 20
  • ExtraFiles.zip
    328.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 21
  • uninstall-nikgapps.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Mowca

Mar 31, 2018
Hello
I installed youtube vanced from the addon
NikGapps-Addon-11-YouTubeVancedDark15-signed.zip
How to uninstall this add-on now?
I don't really understand this instruction:
*edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
*set mode=uninstall
*Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
Where is the file nikgapps.config? How to use it to uninstall youtube?
My phone:
S7 edge, android 11, root magisk.
greetings.

NikGAPPS doesn't restore properly when using the OTA updater tool on LineageOS 18.1 on the Pixel 5. I'm using the stock package and installing to the system partition. I have logs attached.

The installation through the LineageOS updater finishes though, and upon rebooting it hangs and then reverts automatically to the previous version.

Attachments

• NikGAPPS_log.zip
    302.7 KB · Views: 2

sohailmm

Nov 7, 2013
Thanks for the awesome work and efforts, they're is an bug in "at a glance" widget in pixel launcher. It only shows date and nothing else( no weather neither calendar events), no matter what preferences i chose.
Perhaps it requires permission to calendar as it is completely missing dodo.

There is also no possibility to remove it . Can an option be added to remove it as the google at a glance widget works perfectly fine
I tried many different version of pixel launcher but they all have the same bug.

Currently on the the canary April 19 Android 11 version
Device 6T (( LOS 18.1)

Last edited:

mahroze

Aug 22, 2010
Lahore
Hi, I just wanted to ask I have flashed the core package. After which I tried installing digital wellbeing through the play store but it's not showing in the app drawer or in settings

mahroze

Aug 22, 2010
Lahore
Hi, I just wanted to ask I have flashed the core package. After which I tried installing digital wellbeing through the play store but it's not showing in the app drawer or in settings

coogans_bluff

Oct 12, 2016
Hey there, I've got GPS problems after clean install method (removed the folder and the file, and flashed all again). I'm on LGV20 H990DS, latest official LOS 18.1, nikgapps 04/23 and Magisk 22.1.
Any clue what it cloud be? Officially, only MindtheGapps is supported... Thanks!!

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks for the awesome work and efforts, they're is an bug in "at a glance" widget in pixel launcher. It only shows date and nothing else( no weather neither calendar events), no matter what preferences i chose.
Perhaps it requires permission to calendar as it is completely missing dodo.

There is also no possibility to remove it . Can an option be added to remove it as the google at a glance widget works perfectly fine
I tried many different version of pixel launcher but they all have the same bug.

Currently on the the canary April 19 Android 11 version
Device 6T (( LOS 18.1)
Seems to be a bug in Nexus Launcher itself.
Does the debloater works for rom pre-built with non nikigapps?
Yes
Flash Digital Wellbeing addon from sourceforge.net
Hey there, I've got GPS problems after clean install method (removed the folder and the file, and flashed all again). I'm on LGV20 H990DS, latest official LOS 18.1, nikgapps 04/23 and Magisk 22.1.
Any clue what it cloud be? Officially, only MindtheGapps is supported... Thanks!!
is it working fine on MindTheGapps? if yes, which build?

coogans_bluff

Oct 12, 2016

Yes

Supposingly it is..I haven't tried it yet, didn't want to format and reflash everything again...was hoping that the latest nikgapps build might solve it.
This is the build officially linked to: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935
Mirror: http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps
Thanks!!

mahroze

Aug 22, 2010
Lahore

Yes

Hey thank you for the tip. It's showing now but keeps force closing. Wiped cache but still happens. What could be the issue?

Thanks Again

bbtdev

Jan 4, 2019
Hey,
Thank you for your hard work.
What I love to have a really clean ROM (0 bloat) with a minimum GAPPS to have Google Maps.

So I got Havoc OS without Gapps, flashed your CORE package and then installed Google maps from Play Store, but it does not work. Is there anything else I need to install to have Google maps working?

Also I would like to go with /sdcard/nikgapps.config route, but my phone does not an sdcard. What can I do?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1st May Stable release is up!

Changelog
    - Fixes bootloop with OTA update for A/B devices
    - Update SetupWizard and associated apps
    - Update Quick Access Wallet (You'll be able to see digital wallets in power button menu)
    - Update pixel launcher (tested on crdroid, weather widget works)
    - Installer script optimization
    - detailed changelog - here

Note: OTA update may take as long as 5-6 mins, doesn't mean it's broken, have some patience - it'll work, the backing up and restoring takes time

Download

Enjoy!
    Thanks for the excellent work, Nik!

Anyone know how to uninstall the Google Fi app? I uninstalled Google Carrier Services using the config file but this stupid app is still here. I'm not in the U.S. so Google Fi is useless to me. I flashed the Basic Canary package. In LineageOS 18.1 (Pixel 4a), Google Play Services keeps complaining to me that Google Fi needs the SMS permission every time I reboot. I try giving it SMS permissions and it just gets stuck at "Deny", it can't move to Allow.

More annoying, Google Fi keeps enabling itself upon reboot. I disabled this thing and it's re-enabling itself...

I already tried removing it from /user/0/data (tycho app) but that causes the ROM to crash (no apps open).
    Delete /data/misc_de/*/apexdata/com.android.permission/runtime_permissions.xml and reboot, this will reset your permissions but then you should be able to give the permissions properly.

btw, you can uninstall any Package you want by setting the value =-1 in nikgapps.config
    After installing this package, if I install gboard addon; when I try to change language in gboard settings it crushes. And the clipboard doesn't show my copied texts. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm on arrow os 08/04/21 update.
    Did you flash the addon after first boot?

After flashing GBoard, make sure you wipe your /data partition or flash the addon before you boot into your Rom.
    Delete /data/misc_de/*/apexdata/com.android.permission/runtime_permissions.xml and reboot, this will reset your permissions but then you should be able to give the permissions properly.

btw, you can uninstall any Package you want by setting the value =-1 in nikgapps.config

Thanks! Do you know how to uninstall Google Fi using the config file? What should I be putting "-1" next to?
    Quick feedback on May 1 stable release (testing ARM64):
    • Install script is not actually showing the values for the available partition sizes
    • Install script isn't picking up the nikgapps.config when it's in the same folder as the .zip package.
    • Personalization Services doesn't seem to be populating suggestions in the Home screen or all apps list.
    • After install, tapping the Recent Apps icon in the nav bar does nothing.
    You're still light years ahead of OpenGApps, though, which hasn't updated their Android 11 test release since January.
    Hey, thanks for the feedback.

1. Can you send me the installation logs? It doesn't show up partition size when the size value is 0 and partition is not actually a block. I could check the installation logs and confirm
    2. I didn't make any changes to that, it's either broken from a very long time or something is wrong with the recovery you're using. Regardless, I'll try this out myself and fix if it's broken
    3. Talking about the suggestions that show up when you access recent apps screen? Attaching the screenshots, it works for me
    4. Works fine for me, may be an overlay is conflicting with the rom you're using. I believe above issue is associated with this one

Can you try with a different rom? Preferably Los or crdroid?

Thanks!
    R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
    • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
    • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
    • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
    • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
    • NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced (v14 with separate addons for v15). It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher (Till Android Q, discontinued starting Android R)
    • NikGapps supports split-apks
    • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
    • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
    • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
    • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
    • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
    • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
    • Unlike few other gapps packages, NikGapps doesn't disable the Privileged Permission Whitelisting property, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
    • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
    • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
    • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
    Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
    » Core
    » Basic
    » Omni
    » Macro
    » Stock
    » Full
    » Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot
    How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps-addon.sh
    • Dirty flash Rom
    • Flash newer version of NikGapps
    How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Method 1 (Faster and Recommended)
    • edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
    • set mode=uninstall
    • Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
    Method 2
    • Uninstall any playstore updates you have for the addon
    • Delete the <addon>.sh file from /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder (e.g. YouTube.sh)
    • Reflash the rom
    Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
    Credits
    » osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
    » Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
    » Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
    » maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
    » Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
    » HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
    » xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
    Downloads
    NikGapps Basic
    NikGapps Stock

Changelog:

-Fixed FC with Face Unlock
    -Added Google Sounds
    -Added Pixel Launcher
    -Updated YouTube Vanced to latest
    -Updated Google Camera to latest
    -Latest Google Apps (25th June)

I've created Telegram Release channel for NikGapps. Those who find this useful can get the builds there faster.

Enjoy! :)
    Time for another Q update! (12-Jan-2020)

Changelog

- Fixed NikGapps installation issues with config values not reflecting in installation
    - Added a nikgapps.config value "2" to retain aosp apps (set the value to 2 if you don't want the installer to delete the aosp counter part of Google app)
    - Aosp Dialer is now deleted by default starting omni package to maintain the uniformity.

Note: set Dialer=2 in nikgapps.config before flashing if you want the gapps to skip removing aosp Dialer, the installer will remove the Dialer by default.

Full Changelog and download links are in OP

Thank you for choosing NikGapps!
    Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
    I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
    As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone