I@msuryakiran

Feb 17, 2021
Hyderabad, India

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
New Stable Release is up! (Q/R) (1st June 2021)

Changelog:
- Add support for android 11 go packages
- Add support for go packages in config releases
- Build Go apps addons too
- Script improvements
- Set InstallPartition=default as defailt value to make it simpler
- Update nikgapps.config to v14 (Recommend to update)
- Ability to include addons as part of your custom build in config-releases
- Swap Google Recorder (moved to stock) and Google Play Games (moved to full)
- Remove LOS Recorder with installing Google Recorder
- Clean up /dev/tmp to prevent recovery from crashing in middle of the installation
- Fix finding block on dynamic_partitions
- Enforce clean flashing GBoard and GoogleClock to avoid issues

Note:
- It is really difficult to keep track of existing issues, kindly open a issue on Github with proper details and logs.
- You don't need to dirty flash Gapps build. However, if you wish to flash it, you can.
- Devices with dynamic partitions, if you're getting storage space error, flash rom, reboot to recovery, wipe /data, flash NikGapps

Download

Enjoy!

KittensDog

May 29, 2021
LG V50 ThinQ
Pls tell me how to fix this while flash nikgapps with adb sideload:
E: failed to find meta-inf/com/android/metadata
E: failed to parse metadata in the zip file
install from adb completed with status 2
installation aborted

Kaneki

Sep 23, 2015
Spain
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
The steps to configure the rom not appears.

I installed the core variant on an android 11 custom ROM but when boots the configuration not appears. Any idea?

themu

May 3, 2019
In lineage unofficial 11.0, I installed NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210514-signed and it cant sync contacts, google drive (at least for whatsapp backup) and calendar. It can sync gmail and gmail contacts.
After doing a clean install of lineage I tried the previous version that I used NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210124-signed and it works correctly, so the problem has to be the latest version.

Edit: the call app doesnt work correctly with the latest lineage os unofficial 11.0 and the old nikgapps, or the new one. idk which is the problem, lineage or nikgapps, i just post it here. it works with opengapps test.
Hi nikolai7,
I had the same issue in CRDroid 7.1 (Android 11). There wasn't set a app in the standard-apps for the phone. After i changed this everything was fine.

untapped.tap

Jun 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

The snapdragon dev kit unfortunately does not come with a pre-installed Google Play Store. As such, I tried numerous times setting it up from scratch with all its dependencies and APKs one by one. After installing everything, it hangs on boot. I tried this endless amount of times each time factory resetting it. I also tried installing NikGapps packages via recovery mode; that did not work either. It throws "\META-INF\com\android\metadata" not found while flashing via fastboot.

Can you please point to me to resources to solve this issue? I am curious to see how this issue has been resolved for any android device with root access and no pre-installed Google Services. Feel free to comment on this if you have any insight. Thanks in advance for your help.

spambootle

Oct 7, 2018
Hello.

I downloaded the version NikGapps-omni-arm64-11-20210612-signed.zip.
I copied it to the memory stick (microsd) on my phone.
I installed it through TWRP.
The installation was successful.

I restarted the phone and I don't see anything installed - there are no settings or any additional applications that were supposed to install.
Am I doing something wrong?

My phone is Galaxy S5 with Android 11 - Lineage Os 18.1 (06.06.2021)

Last edited:

WLF0X

Mar 25, 2020
Edited because I don't know how to delete. The gapps are working great so far on Android Q

Last edited:

rfpower66

Jun 18, 2021
Hey, I installed Linage 18.1 ,and NikGapps Full Arm64 120621 - Everything is working great - Except android auto.
It works standalone on phone, it registers when connecting to vehicle, but it doesnt start on the vehicles display.
It shows on the phone that car is connected, but doesnt show up in the vehicle at all.
This worked fine on the same phone on stock ROM. Any ideas?

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello.

I downloaded the version NikGapps-omni-arm64-11-20210612-signed.zip.
I copied it to the memory stick (microsd) on my phone.
I installed it through TWRP.
The installation was successful.

I restarted the phone and I don't see anything installed - there are no settings or any additional applications that were supposed to install.
Am I doing something wrong?

My phone is Galaxy S5 with Android 11 - Lineage Os 18.1 (06.06.2021)
Set InstallPartition=/system in nikgapps.config and flash the gapps
Hey, I installed Linage 18.1 ,and NikGapps Full Arm64 120621 - Everything is working great - Except android auto.
It works standalone on phone, it registers when connecting to vehicle, but it doesnt start on the vehicles display.
It shows on the phone that car is connected, but doesnt show up in the vehicle at all.
This worked fine on the same phone on stock ROM. Any ideas?
Flash Android Auto addon from any past stable releases. Let me know if that works for you.

pirogof

Dec 18, 2009
Hi,
I flashed LoS 11 and NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210612-signed with attached configuration. I can't find Google Pay app in any package and for some reason the Play Store won't allow me to download it. Same for Revolut app.

Attachments

• nikgapps.config.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 9

rfpower66

Jun 18, 2021

Flash Android Auto addon from any past stable releases. Let me know if that works for you.
Update - Found it. :) I will try and see. #I have searched everywhere, but i cannot seem to find nikgapps android auto add-on download anywhere..

Last edited:

rfpower66

Jun 18, 2021
Hi,
I flashed LoS 11 and NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210612-signed with attached configuration. I can't find Google Pay app in any package and for some reason the Play Store won't allow me to download it. Same for Revolut app.

So - Tried aa addon from nov 2020, also tried wiping phone, reinstall linage 18.1 - Nikgapps Core (set installpartition=/system) then AA addon, finally from play store installed maps, text to speech and google app (required for AA Auto) - It then said AA needed to be updated. Updated AA Auto through play store - Connected to car - It shows up on phone as connected to car - But still nothing happens in car... :(

sturges

Apr 14, 2021
I'm trying to flash NikGApps core for A11 on poco x3 nfc (encrypted), but twrp keeps saying "Installation failed! Looks like storage space is full". I used addon_version.d=2 in /sdcard/nikgapps.config, but twrp didn't ask for pin (it was working fine with A10). Maybe that's the reason?

edit: flamegapps worked, so not a twrp issue...

Last edited:

lazye53

Dec 1, 2014
İstanbul
I have Oneplus 6 device, I installed nikgapps basic and core but I get black screen on login screen. What can I do please help urgently.

Cmindo

Jul 29, 2016
Using LineageOS 18.1 (with LineageOS Recovery), but when flashing NikGapps after clean flash -> rebooting into recovery, it flashes fine but it does not acknowledge the settings in my config file.

My config file is placed under sdcard/NikGapps/nikgapps.config

For example, if I flash the FULL package, it includes the Pixel Launcher when I specify to not install it (i.e. 0), same goes for other apps that have a 0 in my config file.

Any thoughts here?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Release is up - 19th April 2024 (Android 10-14 stable)

Changelog:
    - Fixed Potential bootloops on LineageOs 21
    - Update to QPR2 (Android 14)

Note:
    This fixes Pixel Launcher crashes, Clean flash if you run into issues with dirty flash!
    More changes will come soon, this is to stop the bleeding with QPR2 release!

Thanks for choosing NikGapps.

P.S. Following are the letter references, NikGapps U means gapps for android 14
    Q - Android 10
    R - Android 11
    S - Android 12
    SL - Android 12L/12.1
    T - Android 13
    U - Android 14
    I suggest everyone to wait for a new build and hold on before flashing 19th April build, one of the tools (aapt2 for those who want to know) was broken on the server due to which it failed generating permissions resulting into bootloop. I'll make a new hotfix release as soon as it is fixed.

Thanks for your patience!
    @MJPollard the way @osm0sis responded was perfectly fine. If someone is at a level of rooting his device, he must have the ability to do the necessary research/reading before flashing anything on the device.

He may be having a bad day but it's really NOT that difficult to casually ask on the thread rather than reacting about it.

Besides, If one reads the OP, there's a link to 'Everything about NikGapps', the very first thing one can find from the link is the android version referenced letter. The very first thing! Quoting from the website.
    A Custom Google Apps Package that Suits Everyone Needs!
    Supports Android 14(U), 13 (T) with regular updates and Android 12L (SL), 12 (S), 11 (R), 10 (Q) on need basis
    I can keep documenting every bit of the project but there's a limit to the details I can go to when I've already logically put it on the website.

Your suggestion is very well taken and I will consider putting it for future releases to provide more clarity, but for now, I don't see this to be more important than bringing QPR2 release after I'm back from the vacation.
    I remember the first time I used NikGapps I had to ask which letter corresponded to the android version. I had no idea about the letters, and I've been using LOS for 10 years+. But I simply asked without the fuss. While I agree that dumping the letter versioning is wise (what happens after Z anyway?), RTFM was an appropriate response to the attitude given.
    Why would I? Numbers is what defines versions, and even the damn Android primarily uses numbers. just because the versions _also_ have alphabetically coded code names is Google's quirk, and there's absolutely no reason to primarily use this over numbers whatsoever.
    Assuming everyone knows everything is a really bad practice.

Some of us understand where you're coming from and agree with you. Using letters to identify Android versions used to be the thing, but now that Google has moved to using the version numbers as of version 10, IMHO developers would help users immensely by adapting to it. Or why not use both, even? NikGapps-14-U or NikGapps-U-14, for example, would easily convey the same information to all users. But that's only my opinion; Nikhil will do what he thinks is best, and I'll be good with that as it's "his project, his rules."
    R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
    • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
    • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
    • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
    • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
    • NikGapps supports split-apks
    • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
    • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
    • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
    • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
    • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
    • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
    • NikGapps supports the Privileged Permission Whitelisting, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
    • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
    • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
    • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
    Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
    » Core
    » Basic
    » Omni
    » Stock
    » Full
    » Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

How to create your own custom NikGapps packages!

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot
    How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
    • Delete /system/addon.d folder
    • Dirty flash Rom
    • Flash newer version of NikGapps
    How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Here's how

Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
    Credits
    » osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
    » Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
    » Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
    » maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
    » Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
    » HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
    » xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
    Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
    I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
    As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
    Downloads
    NikGapps Basic
    NikGapps Stock

Changelog:

-Fixed FC with Face Unlock
    -Added Google Sounds
    -Added Pixel Launcher
    -Updated YouTube Vanced to latest
    -Updated Google Camera to latest
    -Latest Google Apps (25th June)

I've created Telegram Release channel for NikGapps. Those who find this useful can get the builds there faster.

Enjoy! :)
    Time for another Q update! (12-Jan-2020)

Changelog

- Fixed NikGapps installation issues with config values not reflecting in installation
    - Added a nikgapps.config value "2" to retain aosp apps (set the value to 2 if you don't want the installer to delete the aosp counter part of Google app)
    - Aosp Dialer is now deleted by default starting omni package to maintain the uniformity.

Note: set Dialer=2 in nikgapps.config before flashing if you want the gapps to skip removing aosp Dialer, the installer will remove the Dialer by default.

Full Changelog and download links are in OP

Thank you for choosing NikGapps!