[ARM64][GApps][Android 11] NikGApps [4th Apr 2021]

Search This thread

danestead

Jan 24, 2021
I'm having a minor issue with wireless android auto. My phone will not automatically connect to wireless android auto. I need to open the WiFi settings on my phone for it to enable connection. Even though I'm not selecting the car stereo WiFi network it requires me to open WiFi settings on my phone to prompt it to connect.

Kind of annoying as when I jump in my car I need to open WiFi settings each time to connect my phone.

Any suggestions?

gros_rouge

Jun 18, 2014
HI everyone, excuse-me if the question yet have been exposed here. I've installed NikGapps (tryed Core and Basic, Full make bootloop) on Lineage18.1 on Galaxy S9. The problem I have is that my previous paid apk are not recognized as paid today.

What's the matter ? Shall I have to install something else ?

Thanks for your help.

[EDIT : ] Just have to wiat a little bit ... Excuse-me ... Everythings works for now.

serj-47

Apr 26, 2012
In December I installed several nikgapps packages, but I don't remember exactly which ones. How can I remove them completely now to make a clean install of fresh packages? I tried to delete the nikgapps scripts in system / addon.d and now, when installing new firmware, no occurs backup nikgapps. But the packages themselves remain in the system and take up space

BlazeGarden

Aug 29, 2015
Any one knows why for example playstore is not available after clean install of NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210309. Also other stuff is not available like gmail, contacts, etc? Running lineage-18.1-20210308-UNOFFICIAL-dumpling.

eXense

Nov 12, 2010
I installed the basic package and the pixel launcher addon for copying text from the screen of recent apps. The text is copied, but only in Latin. How to teach how to copy the Cyrillic?
I will say for sure that it worked on one of the firmwares with the included gapps.
Screenshot_20210314-095704_Pixel_Launcher.pngScreenshot_20210314-095852_Firefox.png

Zankard

May 5, 2014
Hello, is there a way to completely uninstall NikGapps? I'm having issues with my rom and I want to test if there are conflicts.

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Just added -1 to everything in the config file, removed addon.d files and NikGapps folder from sdcard and flashed the edited file and the rom again.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2013
Hi,
I have a Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC and LineageOS 18-1 from SawaMEN (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-11-lineageos-18-1-for-poco-x3-nfc-surya.4221645/).
- I standard-wiped, formatted and flashed the last LineageOS 18-1
- I flashed the NikGapps, but it told me that the device is not compatible

After booting, I didn't see the Google setup to restore call logs, SMS and WiFi data from the cloud (which was the reason to use NikGapps). What did I do wrong?

After booting again to recovery and flashing on top of the failed-installed NikGapps I got this information:
Fetching Device Information
- Device: surya
- SDK Version: 30
- Android Version: 11
- A-Only Device Found
- Device has Dynamic Paritions

--> Fetching system size
- /system available size: 553824 KB
- /product available size: 1863620 KB
- Gapps Size: KB

-----------------------------------------------
This Addon can only be flashed on top of NikGapps

The installation failed again, though.
After booting again into LineageOS, nothing else happened, since it was already the second boot (and not the initial boot).

rijobro

Mar 29, 2021
London
I've installed LineageOS 18.1 with NikGapps 11. I keep getting "Google play services stops working". I also don't have Google Play Store. I have plenty of other google apps though (Maps, Photos, etc.), so the installation was successful to some degree. Just unfortunately the phone's not much good to me without the Play store. Any ideas?

If it helps I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos).

hhllss

Apr 23, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Hello,

Running LOS 18.1 on OnePlus 8T with NikGapps core, and Android Auto is not working. I did read this thread and it seems that I need to install (at least ?) AndroidAuto Addon. But I installed the stable version NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip. So my question is : can I flash directly the AndroidAuto canary version on my core version, or do I need to flash the core Canary version and then AndroidAuto ? Or any other combination ?

Thank you for your help :) .

Regards,

H

Last edited:

hhllss

Apr 23, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Hello,

Running LOS 18.1 on OnePlus 8T with NikGapps core, and Android Auto is not working. I did read this thread and it seems that I need to install (at least ?) AndroidAuto Addon. But I installed the stable version NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip. So my question is : can I flash directly the AndroidAuto canary version on my core version, or do I need to flash the core Canary version and then AndroidAuto ? Or any other combination ?

Thank you for your help :) .

Regards,

H
Hello,

Any idea ? Do I need to reflash LOS, then Canary Core with AndroidAuto ? Or can I try to flash AndroidAuto on my actual version ? Or AndroidAuto from 24/01 on my core Install from 30/01 ?

Any help appreciated :)

Best regards,

H

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello,

Any idea ? Do I need to reflash LOS, then Canary Core with AndroidAuto ? Or can I try to flash AndroidAuto on my actual version ? Or AndroidAuto from 24/01 on my core Install from 30/01 ?

Any help appreciated :)

Best regards,

H
Hi,

I would suggest you to keep things consistent.

so for example if you're flashing gapps from canary release, flash the addon from canary release only.

same goes with stable. :)

I've installed LineageOS 18.1 with NikGapps 11. I keep getting "Google play services stops working". I also don't have Google Play Store. I have plenty of other google apps though (Maps, Photos, etc.), so the installation was successful to some degree. Just unfortunately the phone's not much good to me without the Play store. Any ideas?

If it helps I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos).

Did you flash the gapps after first boot? make sure you flash before first boot and it should work fine. if it is not working, please grab a logcat and share here.

Hi,
I have a Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC and LineageOS 18-1 from SawaMEN (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-11-lineageos-18-1-for-poco-x3-nfc-surya.4221645/).
- I standard-wiped, formatted and flashed the last LineageOS 18-1
- I flashed the NikGapps, but it told me that the device is not compatible

After booting, I didn't see the Google setup to restore call logs, SMS and WiFi data from the cloud (which was the reason to use NikGapps). What did I do wrong?

After booting again to recovery and flashing on top of the failed-installed NikGapps I got this information:
Fetching Device Information
- Device: surya
- SDK Version: 30
- Android Version: 11
- A-Only Device Found
- Device has Dynamic Paritions

--> Fetching system size
- /system available size: 553824 KB
- /product available size: 1863620 KB
- Gapps Size: KB

This Addon can only be flashed on top of NikGapps

The installation failed again, though.
After booting again into LineageOS, nothing else happened, since it was already the second boot (and not the initial boot).

Hi, do you mind sending me a PM, or reach out to me on telegram at @inikhilmenghani?

hhllss

Apr 23, 2007
OnePlus 8T
I would suggest you to keep things consistent.

so for example if you're flashing gapps from canary release, flash the addon from canary release only.

same goes with stable. :)
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I know it is better to keep consistent, but as I installed version stable from 30/01/2021 which does not provide AndroidAuto addon, while the 24/01 version is providing it, I was asking the question. So am I blocked ?

Regards

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I know it is better to keep consistent, but as I installed version stable from 30/01/2021 which does not provide AndroidAuto addon, while the 24/01 version is providing it, I was asking the question. So am I blocked ?

Regards
Hi, the suggestion was to keep things consistent. However, you can flash the addon from newer release if your current stable setup doesn't have the addon.

Besides, android auto doesn't have a direct link between gms version. The newer version comes with more permissions applied than older one so in this case you should be able to flash canary version android auto addon on top of stable build.

hhllss

Apr 23, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Hi, the suggestion was to keep things consistent. However, you can flash the addon from newer release if your current stable setup doesn't have the addon.

Besides, android auto doesn't have a direct link between gms version. The newer version comes with more permissions applied than older one so in this case you should be able to flash canary version android auto addon on top of stable build.
Thank you :) !

Top Liked Posts

Thanks! Do you know how to uninstall Google Fi using the config file? What should I be putting "-1" next to?
    GoogleFi=-1
    Hello: Excellent developers,
    I am currently using Android11. After downloading and using NikGapps, I found that Google MAPS cannot locate gps. Is there a solution?
    Sorry for bad English~
    Not facing any such issues here. Try clean flashing.
    How does replace AOSP apps works? Does it safe?
    Yes, with NikGapps it's safe.
    setup wizard addon doesnt work on oneplus 6t latest dot os rom. i change wifi to unmetered and still coming back to wifi choosing (ofc 1. flash gapps basic 2. flash addon )
    It's working fine here. Can you grab a logcat when that happens?
    Hi I'm new here and wondering about after I flash NikGapps core , will flashing Nikgapps addons that I want will they replace the AOSP apps (e.g flashin NikGapps addon gboard will replace the aosp keyboard and so on ...)
    Flashing addon will replace corresponding aosp apps. You can use nikgapps.config to control your installation. There's a way to keep both aosp variant as well as Google variant of the apps ;)

Check out nikgapps.com for more info.
    NikGapps-Core please. send link
    Thanks for the excellent work, Nik!

Anyone know how to uninstall the Google Fi app? I uninstalled Google Carrier Services using the config file but this stupid app is still here. I'm not in the U.S. so Google Fi is useless to me. I flashed the Basic Canary package. In LineageOS 18.1 (Pixel 4a), Google Play Services keeps complaining to me that Google Fi needs the SMS permission every time I reboot. I try giving it SMS permissions and it just gets stuck at "Deny", it can't move to Allow.

More annoying, Google Fi keeps enabling itself upon reboot. I disabled this thing and it's re-enabling itself...

I already tried removing it from /user/0/data (tycho app) but that causes the ROM to crash (no apps open).
    Delete /data/misc_de/*/apexdata/com.android.permission/runtime_permissions.xml and reboot, this will reset your permissions but then you should be able to give the permissions properly.

btw, you can uninstall any Package you want by setting the value =-1 in nikgapps.config
    Dear Sir @Nikhil, "Is it safe for banking&WhatsUp apps to work within android official&stable 11 custom roms (without root) ? Also, Is in Playstore could get device is certificated ? "
    Ps: 🙏Thanks in advance 4 ur answer.
    Yes it is safe.
    Thanks! Do you know how to uninstall Google Fi using the config file? What should I be putting "-1" next to?
    GoogleFi=-1
    Hello: Excellent developers,
    I am currently using Android11. After downloading and using NikGapps, I found that Google MAPS cannot locate gps. Is there a solution?
    Sorry for bad English~
    Not facing any such issues here. Try clean flashing.
    How does replace AOSP apps works? Does it safe?
    Yes, with NikGapps it's safe.
    setup wizard addon doesnt work on oneplus 6t latest dot os rom. i change wifi to unmetered and still coming back to wifi choosing (ofc 1. flash gapps basic 2. flash addon )
    It's working fine here. Can you grab a logcat when that happens?
    Hi I'm new here and wondering about after I flash NikGapps core , will flashing Nikgapps addons that I want will they replace the AOSP apps (e.g flashin NikGapps addon gboard will replace the aosp keyboard and so on ...)
    Flashing addon will replace corresponding aosp apps. You can use nikgapps.config to control your installation. There's a way to keep both aosp variant as well as Google variant of the apps ;)

Check out nikgapps.com for more info.
    R5WEmSK.png

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
    • NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
    • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
    • NikGapps also comes with Android Go package for low end devices.
    • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages (written from scratch, it isn't a port of OpenGapps). It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
    • NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced (v14 with separate addons for v15). It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher (Till Android Q, discontinued starting Android R)
    • NikGapps supports split-apks
    • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps.config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
    • NikGapps is built on a different architecture, the installation method is completely different (Every Package comes with installer.sh that installs itself). Also, it installs the gapps to /product partition instead of /system partition
    • NikGapps also allows you to configure the installation, it can be installed to any partition (be it /system or /product or any other partition which may get added in future)
    • NikGapps also allows you to keep the aosp counterpart of google app if you want (just by using nikgapps.config you can choose whether to remove the aosp counterpart or remove it)
    • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want, it also supports installing on top of Roms with Gapps (except for the pixel flavored Roms)
    • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
    • Unlike few other gapps packages, NikGapps doesn't disable the Privileged Permission Whitelisting property, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
    • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
    • NikGapps addon.d functionality is built from scratch which allows you to completely control which app you want to backup/restore on dirty flash.
    • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery. (Requires support from Rom too in order to work)
    Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
    » Core
    » Basic
    » Omni
    » Macro
    » Stock
    » Full
    » Go (for low end devices)

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)

• Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash NikGapps
    • Flash Debloater (Optional)
    • Reboot
    How to clean flash NikGapps update without losing data?
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder
    • Delete /system/addon.d/nikgapps-addon.sh
    • Dirty flash Rom
    • Flash newer version of NikGapps
    How to remove/uninstall an Addon or Package?

Method 1 (Faster and Recommended)
    • edit nikgapps.config and set <Addon>=-1 (e.g. YouTube=-1)
    • set mode=uninstall
    • Reflash the zip you flashed in first place to install the addon/package
    Method 2
    • Uninstall any playstore updates you have for the addon
    • Delete the <addon>.sh file from /system/addon.d/nikgapps folder (e.g. YouTube.sh)
    • Reflash the rom
    Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
    Credits
    » osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
    » Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
    » Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
    » maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
    » Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
    » HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
    » xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
    Downloads
    NikGapps Basic
    NikGapps Stock

Changelog:

-Fixed FC with Face Unlock
    -Added Google Sounds
    -Added Pixel Launcher
    -Updated YouTube Vanced to latest
    -Updated Google Camera to latest
    -Latest Google Apps (25th June)

I've created Telegram Release channel for NikGapps. Those who find this useful can get the builds there faster.

Enjoy! :)
    Time for another Q update! (12-Jan-2020)

Changelog

- Fixed NikGapps installation issues with config values not reflecting in installation
    - Added a nikgapps.config value "2" to retain aosp apps (set the value to 2 if you don't want the installer to delete the aosp counter part of Google app)
    - Aosp Dialer is now deleted by default starting omni package to maintain the uniformity.

Note: set Dialer=2 in nikgapps.config before flashing if you want the gapps to skip removing aosp Dialer, the installer will remove the Dialer by default.

Full Changelog and download links are in OP

Thank you for choosing NikGapps!
    Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
    I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
    As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone