• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Accessories Armadillotek S21 Ultra Clear Case

Search This thread

AndroidCraig

Jun 10, 2011
So Karl and company asked for my honest review of the new type R clear backed case in exchange for a free case.

After using the original rugged case as my daily driver I was wanting something with similar protection but slimmer, as the S21 Ultra is a large phone & the rugged case makes it larger and heavier. I had been switching between that and Nillikin slim case which was minimal (basically like carrying the phone bare), and offered a bit of protection for the back, but not much else.

Enter the new Armadillotek type R clear case It offers almost as much protection as the original, but in a slimmer version with a clear back so those of you with different colored backs can show off teh beauty of the device, My black version doesn't really show all that well in it.

The clear back is prone to fingerprints and smearing, but that's to be expected. it doesn't interfere with wireless charging, there a couple of nice bumps on two of the corners surrounding the camera module that helps protect those pretty lenses from getting damaged in a fall.

The rim of the front is also raised at the corners to protect the screen. and of course the coroners are well cushioned so if the phone falls on to them damage will be minimized at worst, or eliminated at best.

All in all I think I found my final case. It's too new to tell if the clear back will yellow over time but I guess we'll find out. One strange thing the back of the case bears the name Caseborne rather than Armadillotek, perhaps the true manufacturer?

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 172
  • Snapshot.jpg
    Snapshot.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 172
Reactions: mprunty

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Did you get the clear case?
no i got the red/black case,
this one:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So Karl and company asked for my honest review of the new type R clear backed case in exchange for a free case.

After using the original rugged case as my daily driver I was wanting something with similar protection but slimmer, as the S21 Ultra is a large phone & the rugged case makes it larger and heavier. I had been switching between that and Nillikin slim case which was minimal (basically like carrying the phone bare), and offered a bit of protection for the back, but not much else.

Enter the new Armadillotek type R clear case It offers almost as much protection as the original, but in a slimmer version with a clear back so those of you with different colored backs can show off teh beauty of the device, My black version doesn't really show all that well in it.

The clear back is prone to fingerprints and smearing, but that's to be expected. it doesn't interfere with wireless charging, there a couple of nice bumps on two of the corners surrounding the camera module that helps protect those pretty lenses from getting damaged in a fall.

The rim of the front is also raised at the corners to protect the screen. and of course the coroners are well cushioned so if the phone falls on to them damage will be minimized at worst, or eliminated at best.

All in all I think I found my final case. It's too new to tell if the clear back will yellow over time but I guess we'll find out. One strange thing the back of the case bears the name Caseborne rather than Armadillotek, perhaps the true manufacturer?