[Aroma][addons][patch]install any KitKat rom with any recovery[Dualboot tool]

Search This thread

Troubadour666

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 3, 2012
43.7031 - 7.2661
Hi all.

before anything :
- this tool is for especialy for dualbooters because i havent tested in 1rst rom. but updater-script manage kernel flashed. prepare odin in case of bad flash, you're advised.
- always make nandroid before use and flash with my tool.

I saw that ppl have many trouble to install 4.4.2 kitkat roms on their device.
it seems that we have manu such "error status 7" , and these were about setting persmissions during flash.

so i decide to make an aroma to avoid this error.

if you flash an original 4.4.2 Kitkat rom and have the error, no need to flash another compatible recovery kernel to re-try, just use my aroma flasher with the steps i descride below. In the aroma advanced MENU, you will choose set_perm commands compatible flash instead of set_metadata commands persmission to see if flask process will work in fine :)
Sure, at end of process, a kernel will be flashed, dorimanx branch 8 i have put in pach you went to donwload, or another you have put instead like i describe in extra step 6 below too.

so, AROMA structure details is like this :

pach/AROMA
---------backupEFS <------- useful script, no need to touch.
---------KERNEL <------- place here your boot.img file. (original rom or other)
---------maliv2
-------------system/lib/egl/ <-------- maliv2 .so libs contents, no need to touch.
pach/data/app <--------- you can put som apks here, moved from /system/app/ (i often move in latinIME.apk from /system/app/ and then i free 40Mo on /system/ partition, its good for GAPPS)
pach/META-INF/....../ <--------- no need to touch.

the available download pach i use for some months now , is here :

UniversalAROMAinstallerFOR-4.4.2-ROMs-DefinitivePach.rar - 8.53 MB

how to use it

1 - download any kitkat 4.4.2 ROM your want to install I9100.
2 - try it normaly, and see if you have error on flash.
3 - when you got it, on PC, make a safe copy ot it somewhere, and open it with WINRAR. Then delete META-INF and other boot.img file. just let system folder in ZIP.
4 - uncompree my AROMA somewhere.
5 - drag and drop the 3 "bolded" folders (in aroma structured details) in ZIP rom you still have opened.

extra step 6 : in AROMA/KERNEL/ folder, you will find dorimanx branch 8 version (new @StanTRC recovery inside) i have put. You can replace it with any boot.img you want , even those from original rom zip you have safely somewhere on your PC. just extract boot.img from it and replace with in you new aroma installer rom zip you went to manage in steps 3, 4 and 5 .

aroma choice you will have :

"Compatibility of your Recovery Kernel",
"Your Kernel is compatible for set_metadata commands"
"Your Kernel ONLY understand set_perm commands"

"choose your based KK similar rom",
"AOSB BEANSTALK C-ROM EHNDROIX"
"CARBON"
"CM11 JELLYBAM"
"SABER PAC"
"PA"
"Resurrection Remix"
"SLIM SPIRIT"
"NEATROM AICP"
"SOKP"

"Backup EFS",
"Backup your EFS folder before flash"
"Skip"

"Kernel to flash at end of process",
"DorimanX 8 and MaliV2"<---------- option that serve to flash MALIV2 for dorimanX branch 8 users, dualbooters.
"any other kernel"

EXTRA TOOL : .db qulite bases "wiper" , it delete some .db files in some /data/data/com.android........../databases/ folders, usefull when we flash from <> based 4.4.2 roms, CM11 , RR , PAC , SLIM, PA....sometimes worked fines for me.

"Delete some SQlite .db files in ROM",
"YES ","Delete some SQlite .db from you installed rom to avoid com.android.phone FC or other FCs"
"NO thanks we can FLASH the ROM"

again, this is just for test and fun , dualbooters will like more that "normal" users. no risk to flash kernel in 2nd rom, but remember need maliv2 during AROMA....and i always afraid someone that try my work on 1rst rom will brick its device.....so i advertise everyone that before upload my "daily" works, i'm not always flashing them on my 1rst rom.

thanks.

Last edited:

Troubadour666

Aug 3, 2012
43.7031 - 7.2661
How to use the pach

Hope image tuto are good readable .

1 - open ROM.zip with winrar
2 - delete some folders in ROM.zip
3,4 - what to copy from my pach to the ROM.zip
5 - explain about structure and tweak .

no image 6 :) - just flash new ROM.zip with my aroma.

thanks.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 110
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Reactions: _Sale_ and J 3 M

Troubadour666

Aug 3, 2012
43.7031 - 7.2661
Ultimate Aroma Addons for KitKat 4.4.2 and JB 4.1.2 DualBoot Roms.

extracted Aroma Managment

Code:
      "ROM TYPE",
      "which type of rom do you use",

"JB 4.1.2
      "KK ROM 4.4.2"
Code:
       "4.1.2 rom runing",

"its on Normal install
	"its on DualBoot install
Code:
	"4.4.2 Options",
	"apply or remove APKs",

"Addons apks
	"Remove them
Code:
	"Addons APKS",
	"tick to add",

"Google Camera with Sphere"
	"Google Keyboard"
	"TW Launcher from PhenomRom TW Accuweather"
	"S4 settings for KitKat  
	"S4 TW Launcher BY ANMOL7IFY need 25Mo on system  
	"Htc BlinkFeed v11 need 31Mo on system
	"Htc BlinkFeed v11 on data partition  
	"Themes in data  (2 cobalts themes added)
Code:
	"Remove some added apks",
	"tick to remove",

"Remove Google Keyboard  
	"Remove TW Launcher stuffs  
	"Remove S4 settings  
	"Remove S4 TW Launcher BY ANMOL7IFY  
	"Htc BlinkFeed v11 from all partitions  
	"remove Themes from data
Code:
	"Google Play Sore 4.6.17",
	"Install it or Not",

"Inverted Multi DPI Play Store
	"Multi DPI Play Store
	"Skip to Google Play Services 4.3.23
Code:
	"Google Play Services 4.3.23",
	"Install it or Not",

"Install it
	"Skip

The Ultimate tool is here :

I9100Utimate-Aroma-AddonsFor-4.4.2or4.1.2ROMs-TouchWiz-GgSphere-GgKB-Themes-GgPLAY-GgServices.zip - 168.22 MB

thanks.

Last edited:

Troubadour666

Aug 3, 2012
43.7031 - 7.2661
hi,
maybe you can added in aroma "pa micro gapps" that work in any rom

so people flash rom and gapps in one time

i have made one pach with onle play store and google services , with others goodies, but i can re-script it with gapps. give me a way to follow what you think ppl need the most .

i mean this one, but i'm on some research about better way to use it, tomorrow i will post good version.
I9100-Aroma-addonsFor-KitKat-4.4.2-ROMS.zip - 180.81 MB

this one is that one i use in video review, you see i NEVER have trouble with space /system/ partition because initial ZIP ROM is modify with some apk in /data/app/ during flash, so i can add more goodies in /system/app/ using this aroma with play store, google sphere and touchwizz i use....see tuto how to move apks from /system/app/ to data/app/ before flash the rom and then gain space on /system/ to flash more files without disturbing /data/app/ we never want to full wipe to.

AND REMEBER external .sh script dont work well with dorimanx new recovery, i mean move choice in aroma so its better to have space in system before use and not use these options during aroma (i mean options to gain space)

thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: J 3 M and marjune23

nik60

Jun 24, 2012
arona
i have made one pach with onle play store and google services , with others goodies, but i can re-script it with gapps. give me a way to follow what you think ppl need the most .

i mean this one, but i'm on some research about better way to use it, tomorrow i will post good version.
I9100-Aroma-addonsFor-KitKat-4.4.2-ROMS.zip - 180.81 MB

this one is that one i use in video review, you see i NEVER have trouble with space /system/ partition because initial ZIP ROM is modify with some apk in /data/app/ during flash, so i can add more goodies in /system/app/ using this aroma with play store, google sphere and touchwizz i use....see tuto how to move apks from /system/app/ to data/app/ before flash the rom and then gain space on /system/ to flash more files without disturbing /data/app/ we never want to full wipe to.

AND REMEBER external .sh script dont work well with dorimanx new recovery, i mean move choice in aroma so its better to have space in system before use and not use these options during aroma (i mean options to gain space)

thanks.
hi,
i tink there is't problem with micro gapps and free space in system
i have crdroid , 461mb/495mb in system--crdroid is 208mb and was bigger rom (ONLY sokp is 228,but need your gapps)
is possible delete Google home in micro gapps for example(12mb)-any rom have launcher

Klaus20

Nov 20, 2013
Hi Troubadour666,
it is weekend and I'm testing on again.
Have just your "Ultimate Aroma Addons for KitKat 4.4.2 and JB 4.1.2 DualBoot Roms" installed and it works just fine.
"S4 settings for KitKat

Can you tell me what is the difference between TW ANMOL7IFY and TW PhenomRom ??
Am still looking for transparent accuweather ??

Regards Klaus

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

before anything :
    - this tool is for especialy for dualbooters because i havent tested in 1rst rom. but updater-script manage kernel flashed. prepare odin in case of bad flash, you're advised.
    - always make nandroid before use and flash with my tool.

I saw that ppl have many trouble to install 4.4.2 kitkat roms on their device.
    it seems that we have manu such "error status 7" , and these were about setting persmissions during flash.

so i decide to make an aroma to avoid this error.

if you flash an original 4.4.2 Kitkat rom and have the error, no need to flash another compatible recovery kernel to re-try, just use my aroma flasher with the steps i descride below. In the aroma advanced MENU, you will choose set_perm commands compatible flash instead of set_metadata commands persmission to see if flask process will work in fine :)
    Sure, at end of process, a kernel will be flashed, dorimanx branch 8 i have put in pach you went to donwload, or another you have put instead like i describe in extra step 6 below too.

so, AROMA structure details is like this :

pach/AROMA
    ---------backupEFS <------- useful script, no need to touch.
    ---------KERNEL <------- place here your boot.img file. (original rom or other)
    ---------maliv2
    -------------system/lib/egl/ <-------- maliv2 .so libs contents, no need to touch.
    pach/data/app <--------- you can put som apks here, moved from /system/app/ (i often move in latinIME.apk from /system/app/ and then i free 40Mo on /system/ partition, its good for GAPPS)
    pach/META-INF/....../ <--------- no need to touch.

the available download pach i use for some months now , is here :

UniversalAROMAinstallerFOR-4.4.2-ROMs-DefinitivePach.rar - 8.53 MB

how to use it

1 - download any kitkat 4.4.2 ROM your want to install I9100.
    2 - try it normaly, and see if you have error on flash.
    3 - when you got it, on PC, make a safe copy ot it somewhere, and open it with WINRAR. Then delete META-INF and other boot.img file. just let system folder in ZIP.
    4 - uncompree my AROMA somewhere.
    5 - drag and drop the 3 "bolded" folders (in aroma structured details) in ZIP rom you still have opened.

extra step 6 : in AROMA/KERNEL/ folder, you will find dorimanx branch 8 version (new @StanTRC recovery inside) i have put. You can replace it with any boot.img you want , even those from original rom zip you have safely somewhere on your PC. just extract boot.img from it and replace with in you new aroma installer rom zip you went to manage in steps 3, 4 and 5 .

aroma choice you will have :

"Compatibility of your Recovery Kernel",
    "Your Kernel is compatible for set_metadata commands"
    "Your Kernel ONLY understand set_perm commands"

"choose your based KK similar rom",
    "AOSB BEANSTALK C-ROM EHNDROIX"
    "CARBON"
    "CM11 JELLYBAM"
    "SABER PAC"
    "PA"
    "Resurrection Remix"
    "SLIM SPIRIT"
    "NEATROM AICP"
    "SOKP"

"Backup EFS",
    "Backup your EFS folder before flash"
    "Skip"

"Kernel to flash at end of process",
    "DorimanX 8 and MaliV2"<---------- option that serve to flash MALIV2 for dorimanX branch 8 users, dualbooters.
    "any other kernel"

EXTRA TOOL : .db qulite bases "wiper" , it delete some .db files in some /data/data/com.android........../databases/ folders, usefull when we flash from <> based 4.4.2 roms, CM11 , RR , PAC , SLIM, PA....sometimes worked fines for me.

"Delete some SQlite .db files in ROM",
    "YES ","Delete some SQlite .db from you installed rom to avoid com.android.phone FC or other FCs"
    "NO thanks we can FLASH the ROM"

again, this is just for test and fun , dualbooters will like more that "normal" users. no risk to flash kernel in 2nd rom, but remember need maliv2 during AROMA....and i always afraid someone that try my work on 1rst rom will brick its device.....so i advertise everyone that before upload my "daily" works, i'm not always flashing them on my 1rst rom.

thanks.
    Flash session added in post 3

@nik60 , yes i think is good too :)
    Ultimate Aroma Addons for KitKat 4.4.2 and JB 4.1.2 DualBoot Roms.

extracted Aroma Managment

Code:
          "ROM TYPE",
          "which type of rom do you use",

"JB 4.1.2
          "KK ROM 4.4.2"
    Code:
           "4.1.2 rom runing",

"its on Normal install
    	"its on DualBoot install
    Code:
    	"4.4.2 Options",
    	"apply or remove APKs",

"Addons apks
    	"Remove them
    Code:
    	"Addons APKS",
    	"tick to add",

"Google Camera with Sphere"
    	"Google Keyboard"
    	"TW Launcher from PhenomRom TW Accuweather"
    	"S4 settings for KitKat  
    	"Htc BlinkFeed v11 need 31Mo on system
    	"Htc BlinkFeed v11 on data partition  
    	"Themes in data  (2 cobalts themes added)
    Code:
    	"Remove some added apks",
    	"tick to remove",

"Remove Google Keyboard  
    	"Remove TW Launcher stuffs  
    	"Remove S4 settings  
    	"Remove S4 TW Launcher BY ANMOL7IFY  
    	"Htc BlinkFeed v11 from all partitions  
    	"remove Themes from data
    Code:
    	"Google Play Sore 4.6.17",
    	"Install it or Not",

"Inverted Multi DPI Play Store
    	"Multi DPI Play Store
    	"Skip to Google Play Services 4.3.23
    Code:
    	"Google Play Services 4.3.23",
    	"Install it or Not",

"Install it
    	"Skip

The Ultimate tool is here :

I9100Utimate-Aroma-AddonsFor-4.4.2or4.1.2ROMs-TouchWiz-GgSphere-GgKB-Themes-GgPLAY-GgServices.zip - 168.22 MB

thanks.
    maybe another tool soon

hi
    working perfectly, tested with crdroid built7