• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[AROMA] Universal PA GApps Customizer

raulx222

Nov 20, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
raulpetru.com

What does 'Universal PA GApps Customizer' do?
It will generate a gapps-config based on your preferences, and save it on sdcard to can be loaded by a PA GApps package. So you can fully customize the installation!

The key words used are from TK GApps! So, older PA GApps based packages may have less key words(e.g. stock PA GApps script), or other packages which improved the stock PA GApps scripts may have more key words(e.g. Open GApps)! UPGC is an universal package, for now I just follow TK GApps key words, but soon I may start adding kind of "profiles" with key words for more packages.

Supported PA GApps based packages:
  • TK GApps - UPGC covers all keywords offered by this package
  • Open GApps - UPGC doesn't cover all key words offered by this package
  • Any other PA GApps based package (stock PA GApps scripts) - UPGC includes more keywords than this package offers
*Presets key words are not included (yet)

Latest version: R3
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=32578

Please offer feedback!

Thanks to:
@amarullz - for his AROMA Installer
@TKruzze - for his PA GApps scripts (especially update-binary)
@MastahF, @osm0sis, @TKruzze - for their PA GApps based packages

Last edited:

solar666

Sep 4, 2010
Not working for me.

It latest twrp it is just mentioning ... Starting Aroma ... But nothing happens and I need to force the reboot by pressing >8 Sec. Power button

cobraplayer

Oct 16, 2010
Excellent. Works exactly as expected on my mako.

One minor error to be fixed: in the stock apps removal page, Browser is incorrectly labelled as CalendarGoogle.

Thanks & keep up the good work :)

Reactions: JudgeDread11

raulx222

Nov 20, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
raulpetru.com
Not working for me.

It latest twrp it is just mentioning ... Starting Aroma ... But nothing happens and I need to force the reboot by pressing >8 Sec. Power button
Use a older version.. OnePlus One owners face this issue mostly..use TWRP 2.7.0.0 or 2.8.4.0

Excellent. Works exactly as expected on my mako.

One minor error to be fixed: in the stock apps removal page, Browser is incorrectly labelled as CalendarGoogle.

Thanks & keep up the good work :)
Oh..thanks for report! I will fix it soon..also I will improve it a little bit

raulx222

Nov 20, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
raulpetru.com
Update! Added "Photos" Keyword, fixed some strings, and new color theme! :D
so i flash this customizer and then flash whatever pa gapps package i have?
Yes. If you save the .gapps-config in the same folder as the zip package, then be sure that PA GApps package is also in the same folder with the .gapps-config file when you flash it.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
Update! Added "Photos" Keyword, fixed some strings, and new color theme! :D

Yes. If you save the .gapps-config in the same folder as the zip package, then be sure that PA GApps package is also in the same folder with the .gapps-config file when you flash it.
Finally got the chance to try this out on my old GN yesterday! Great job! It's beautiful! :D

Two things I was wondering about:

1) Is it possible for it to detect if there is already a .gapps-config/gapps-config.txt and load the "current saved config" from it as a starting point? :cowboy:

2) Can the UPGC zip directly flash the GApps package after it writes the config file? I think @hlxanthus was close to figuring this out (if he didn't actually have it working). :good: :)

Reactions: preacher65

raulx222

Nov 20, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
raulpetru.com
Finally got the chance to try this out on my old GN yesterday! Great job! It's beautiful! :D

1) Is it possible for it to detect if there is already a .gapps-config/gapps-config.txt and load the "current saved config" from it as a starting point? :cowboy:

2) Can the UPGC zip directly flash the GApps package after it writes the config file? I think @hlxanthus was close to figuring this out (if he didn't actually have it working). :good: :)
1) Of course. But to read the .gapps-config and then to set the settings from AROMA based on .gapps-config it's some work and I can't implement this feature right now. Another simple way to do the same thing, is to save the .prop files (where the settings from AROMA are stored) on sdcard and load them in the coming installations.

2) Uhm, I don't know if that is possible. If @hlxanthus knows, I'm open to listen :)

Reactions: osm0sis

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011

1) Of course. But to read the .gapps-config and then to set the settings from AROMA based on .gapps-config it's some work and I can't implement this feature right now. Another simple way to do the same thing, is to save the .prop files (where the settings from AROMA are stored) on sdcard and load them in the coming installations.

2) Uhm, I don't know if that is possible. If @hlxanthus knows, I'm open to listen :)
1) @raulx222 a working method is included in the package I sent you a while ago. But it is quite convoluted getting it working, but worth it on the end. But, as I assume, if free time is a factor we understand why you don't implement it.

2) To actually call another script/zip to flash from within this aroma package? Well in theory you can call it to unzip to /tmp then set permissions on tkruzzes update-binary (which is just a bash script in the end) and run it. But I was never able to get this to work. If there is a more direct way to do this, I have no idea..