• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development ArrowOS 12.0 [android-12.0] for POCO X3 Pro (vayu/bhima) [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Canales1988

Dec 26, 2017
Hello, it is not clear to me what happens with the recovery. In case of installing arrow on A12, the recovery crashes, is it unusable? If so, what can be done to make it work again?
* My way of installing a rom is: enter the recovery, do format data - yes, and then all the wipes except SD, to finally reboot in the recovery. If I install arrow on A12, and then I want to switch to another rom, could I follow that installation process, or would I get the problems that are discussed in the thread?
Greetings and thank you

DarthJabba9

May 5, 2014
Greater London
Hello, it is not clear to me what happens with the recovery. In case of installing arrow on A12, the recovery crashes, is it unusable? If so, what can be done to make it work again?
* My way of installing a rom is: enter the recovery, do format data - yes, and then all the wipes except SD, to finally reboot in the recovery. If I install arrow on A12, and then I want to switch to another rom, could I follow that installation process, or would I get the problems that are discussed in the thread?
Greetings and thank you
As I said, custom recoveries can't decrypt A12 at the moment. The result is no different from any other situation in which you can't decrypt the device - you should be able to do anything in recovery mode, other than mount and read the /data partition or the internal storage.

gvflavio

Apr 22, 2012
Greetings and thank you
To recover your recovery you must install another supported rom via sideload.
Cmd
adb sideload <file-name.zip>

Reactions: Canales1988

Canales1988

Dec 26, 2017
thanks for the guidance, but I'm not sure what you mean. Anyway, I think I'll wait to test roms on A12 until some functional recovery comes out.
All the best.

i_sagnik

Sep 3, 2021
West Bengal
thanks for the guidance, but I'm not sure what you mean. Anyway, I think I'll wait to test roms on A12 until some functional recovery comes out.
All the best.
To make the recovery working again, simply remove the screen lock password (or pin or anything) & fingerprint then boot into the recovery and format data. Then, reboot into recovery and !Boom! you got a working recovery!

Canales1988

Dec 26, 2017
To make the recovery working again, simply remove the screen lock password (or pin or anything) & fingerprint then boot into the recovery and format data. Then, reboot into recovery and !Boom! you got a working recovery!
Thanks for the clarification. So it's easier than I thought. All the best.

arik100

Apr 6, 2012
I think the roms there are from 13-10-21 and 19-10-21, but not 15-10-21. All the best.
check again...
official 12 , lastest is from 15.10.

@arik100
mine works, gut gps was acting up yesterday (don't know if it was a bug, or the route i was on)
maybe because i installed the rom and then installed the FW?
i tried installing the FW and then 15.10 still doesn't work...
maybe i need to format data or go up to 19.10 release..

last thing, i see ghost touch is a popular thing... any solutions to that? it's quite super annoying!
they qouted that 12.5.5.x firmware should solve this, but i guess it doesn't (at least not for me)

edit:
after doing this, and then clearing cache and data of bluethooth app and force stop it seems to work :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts