Development ArrowOS 12.1 [android-12L | 12.1.0] for POCO X3 Pro (vayu/bhima) [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

PRIIVIE

Mar 5, 2019
What do you need root for? I have noticed that Magisk has an impact on the performance.
As for Google stuff, just limit what you send to them in your account.
Viper4android if you configure the audiophile profile the audio is tons of times better, Youtube vanced (No adds), No Gravity Kernel (Better battery life), basically modding your android

DallasBelt

Mar 9, 2015
Cuenca
Asus ZenFone 2
Asus ZenFone 3
Viper4android if you configure the audiophile profile the audio is tons of times better, Youtube vanced (No adds), No Gravity Kernel (Better battery life), basically modding your android
Well, Vanced works without root.
The battery life of my POCO has been very good sos far, but I can imagine you can squeeze a little more with a custom kernel.
As for V4A, I'm not an audiophile, but I guess new phones like ours have better sound.

To be clear, I'm not against root. I just think it's not as necessary as it used to be.

Reactions: d_g_m_2000

gazonas

Sep 2, 2021
good morning. I have arrow 11. can I put arrow 12 without deleting everything? to pass it as an upgrade that is.

Kosh_swe

Nov 17, 2012
Sthlm
LG Optimus G
Huawei Nexus 6P
What do you need root for? I have noticed that Magisk has an impact on the performance.
As for Google stuff, just limit what you send to them in your account.
Why do he need root? How about NAT? (Afwall+), how about AdAway? Su Terminal support? Service Disablers? App managers to disable Ads / Activities ,Services, Receivers,Providers, Permissions... He clearly minds his privacy since he is asking about microG! Try to be productive if you are gonna answer someone!
You can't limit everything you want to Google, they still get ALOT of info from you even if u "disable/opout" from their "services".

What claim do you have that magisk has an impact on performance? I have used it for years and i've seen almost zero impact from using it!

@Animatron1 you will never pass SafetyNet with microG, it's not being developed anymore (Droidguard Helper)! But do you really need to pass SafetyNet? I've used microG for many years, i have no issues with either banking apps or Netflix for that matter.

I'm on ArrowOS 10, microG Official V.0.2.22.212658, i also use magisk in hidden mode.

If you really need to pass SafetyNet you can forget about microG, then go with the smallest GAPPS package, root with magisk then use RIRU script and u can pass SafetyNet, i dont have the links but you can find them if you search XDA forum. GL

Reactions: Animatron1

Animatron1

Jan 4, 2022
I found out that I probably do not need Safety net as I think my bank doesn't require it, so that is already a relief. However, I also discovered that MicroG is apparently not yet supported on Android 12 (which was not mentioned anywhere in the official sources) but I guess it's not surprising as the last major update was before Android 12 premiered, therefore I guess I should either wait for an update there or stick with Android 11... Bummer. Also, question here, does ArrowOS send any information to Google by itself, either by DNS or anything else system-wise (I'm not that techy to know everything, I'm just here for the necessary privacy information) therefore making /e/ OS a good alternative if I wanna go Google-Free, or is it all good and as soon as MicroG supports Android 12 I can flash it with MinMicroG installer?

good morning. I have arrow 11. can I put arrow 12 without deleting everything? to pass it as an upgrade that is.
I've tried dirty flashing ArrowOS 12 over ArrowOS 11, and was able to keep everything except Magisk (because every time I flash a new ROM I have to reinstall it) and the Play Store (NikGapps Core version fixed that for me, lol).

Kosh_swe

Nov 17, 2012
Sthlm
LG Optimus G
Huawei Nexus 6P
I found out that I probably do not need Safety net as I think my bank doesn't require it, so that is already a relief. However, I also discovered that MicroG is apparently not yet supported on Android 12 (which was not mentioned anywhere in the official sources) but I guess it's not surprising as the last major update was before Android 12 premiered, therefore I guess I should either wait for an update there or stick with Android 11... Bummer. Also, question here, does ArrowOS send any information to Google by itself, either by DNS or anything else system-wise (I'm not that techy to know everything, I'm just here for the necessary privacy information) therefore making /e/ OS a good alternative if I wanna go Google-Free, or is it all good and as soon as MicroG supports Android 12 I can flash it with MinMicroG installer?
No need to rush A12 imho, go with a stable A11 version.

If ArrowOS sends any data, that you have to ask the dev about, try send a priv message if you are concerned, but i think if he did that someone would have noticed, and it would also defeat the purpose of the rom aka shooting yourself in the leg. 🤷‍♂️ i mean if you are that "tinfoiledhat" just install AFwall+ block everything and accept allow for apps/services in steps, and check your logs, or use wireshark and read your connections that goes through your nat/router. It's all there with a simple google search.
(I am using arrowos on my old phone and without gapps and i've seen no pesky weird connections so i would assume you are safe! :))

You can set up your own DNS or use a VPN as well if u wish.

Reactions: Animatron1

Ephialtes

Nov 10, 2016
Is there a guide on how to install arrow os recovery? Also do I need an external sd card to flash arrow recovery and this rom?

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
Is there a guide on how to install arrow os recovery? Also do I need an external sd card to flash arrow recovery and this rom?
Just take TWRP.
External SD Card is easier, but you can also connect the device to PC while in TWRP and use ADB Sideload to flash a ROM from your computer. OR use a Type C USB Stick.

P.S While we're at it...
TWRP (and any other Recovery atm) can't decrypt Android 12 System.
So Creating a TWRP Backup from System is not possible.
Does the Same apply for UserData? Or is it possible to backup Userdata, flash ROM from zip file and restore the Userdata?

Ephialtes

Nov 10, 2016
Just take TWRP.
External SD Card is easier, but you can also connect the device to PC while in TWRP and use ADB Sideload to flash a ROM from your computer. OR use a Type C USB Stick.

P.S While we're at it...
Does the Same apply for UserData? Or is it possible to backup Userdata, flash ROM from zip file and restore the Userdata?
I thought arrow os doesn't work with twrp, thanks for the help!

irmas5

Just take TWRP.

P.S While we're at it...
Does the Same apply for UserData? Or is it possible to backup Userdata, flash ROM from zip file and restore the Us

Just take TWRP.

P.S While we're at it...
I installed few a12 rom, then sideloaded Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt, rebooted to system, setting up everything and restarted to recovery. and worked

Reactions: Haldi4803

Leriskon

Jan 13, 2022
Can't play some media formats after updating to January 13 2022 build despite trying multiple music players.

These are currently the only media formats I've tried on my phone:
Music: MP3 and M4A don't play. OPUS plays just fine.
Video: MP4 plays just fine.

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
The New version of Lawn chair Launcher allows for Accent Color settings.
Sadly that's only Luncher and not System wide (Lockscreen clock, quick tiles)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-080541_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20220115-080541_Lawnchair.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20220115-080525_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20220115-080525_Lawnchair.png
    423.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20220115-080520_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20220115-080520_Lawnchair.png
    292.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20220115-080517_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20220115-080517_Lawnchair.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20220115-080514_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20220115-080514_Lawnchair.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 119
Reactions: tega28

CanibelZ

Mar 24, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
With the 2022-01-13 update, the Clear all button disappeared from the recent apps window. Is it a bug on my end, in the OS or just need to reactivate it from somewhere? I could not find it.

Top Liked Posts