Development ArrowOS 12.1 [android-12L | 12.1.0] for POCO X3 Pro (vayu/bhima) [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Valtin

Oct 26, 2011
Is it possible to install this custom rom without losing the files??? Can I do it with Fox Recovery?

gorillaz_gr

TWRP nor ORANGEFOX Recoveries, are capable of decrypting the "data" storage of memory, even if you disable any password/pin/pattern. (don't use any decrypting script for recovery, doesn't work for Android_12)

So the "auto-update-pilot" is not working.
When you get notified for OTA update, it is better to download the file and dirty install from recovery.
After that , only Magisk is to be reinstall from recovery again, and after rebooting, everything will be in it's place.

Until some dev will find a way for Android_12 and succeed in decrypting the data storage, this is the only method.

ps: for better (and not worse) I personaly remove screen lock (password/pin/pattern) before I do the reboot into recovery to dirty install the update.

Valtin

Oct 26, 2011
TWRP nor ORANGEFOX Recoveries, are capable of decrypting the "data" storage of memory, even if you disable any password/pin/pattern. (don't use any decrypting script for recovery, doesn't work for Android_12)

When you get notified for OTA update, it is better to download the file and dirty install from recovery.
After that , only Magisk is to be reinstall from recovery again, and after rebooting, everything will be in it's place.

Until some dev will find a way for Android_12 and succeed in decrypting the data storage, this is the only method.

ps: for better (and not worse) I personaly remove screen lock (password/pin/pattern) before I do the reboot into recovery to dirty install the update.
My cell phone has Orangefox recorvey, I did the rom installation procedure, but now it only returns to orangefox and does not start the system. Do you have any suggestions as to what might have happened?

irmas5

For me dfe working perfect

irmas5

Could you enlighten us about (dfe) procedure, version, method, etc.
Just to be sure.
Rebooted to orange fox recovery, wiped cache,dalvik, data,dalvik cache, installed a12 rom, then sideloaded dfe, formatted data, rebooted to system, setup everything. After then rebooting to recovery and you can see all files. Tried around 5 a12 roms and worked perfect. Version of dfe i got this one.

Attachments

• Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 58

zzenyoo

Sep 11, 2014
Chełm
LG V10
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Rebooted to orange fox recovery, wiped cache,dalvik, data,dalvik cache, installed a12 rom, then sideloaded dfe, formatted data, rebooted to system, setup everything. After then rebooting to recovery and you can see all files. Tried around 5 a12 roms and worked perfect. Version of dfe i got this one.
Did you change the name of Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip (there was something with it).

gorillaz_gr

My cell phone has Orangefox recorvey, I did the rom installation procedure, but now it only returns to orangefox and does not start the system. Do you have any suggestions as to what might have happened?
you mean after update?
you did a dirty install (install new version with orangefox recovery?)
what do you mean, the system does not start?
perhaps you see the fasyboot logo?

the tricky part is that you everytime you format data within the recovery , so a new key is assigned to data-partition. That is why it is readable afterwards.
In any case I will try with your dfe-file too, just to be sure about the procedure. Thanx

yeminswe

May 17, 2013
Yangon
Lawnchair crashed when I install instant app from smile.one websites

I don't know how to share crash log
I will just copied and paste here

Lawnchair bug report Jan 18, 2022 3:06:29 PM
version: 12.0 Dev (#619) (120004)
commit: f02f77b
build.brand: POCO
build.device: vayu
build.display: SQ1D.211205.017
build.fingerprint: google/walleye/walleye:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/4448085:user/release-keys
build.hardware: qcom
build.id: SQ1D.211205.017
build.manufacturer: Xiaomi
build.model: M2102J20SI
build.product: vayu_global
build.type: user
version.codename: REL
version.incremental: 11799
version.release: 12
version.sdk_int: 31
display.density_dpi: 440

error: Uncaught exception

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from field 'com.android.systemui.shared.system.RemoteAnimationTargetCompat[] com.android.quickstep.RemoteAnimationTargets.unfilteredApps' on a null object reference
at com.android.quickstep.util.TransformParams.createSurfaceParams(TransformParams.java:142)
at com.android.quickstep.util.TaskViewSimulator.apply(TaskViewSimulator.java:302)
at com.android.quickstep.TaskViewUtils.lambda$createRecentsWindowAnimator$0(TaskViewUtils.java:242)
at com.android.quickstep.TaskViewUtils$$ExternalSyntheticLambda2.run(Unknown Source:4)
at com.android.launcher3.anim.PendingAnimation.lambda$addOnFrameCallback$0(PendingAnimation.java:131)
at com.android.launcher3.anim.PendingAnimation$$ExternalSyntheticLambda0.onAnimationUpdate(Unknown Source:2)
at android.animation.ValueAnimator.animateValue(ValueAnimator.java:1566)
at android.animation.ValueAnimator.animateBasedOnTime(ValueAnimator.java:1357)
at android.animation.ValueAnimator.doAnimationFrame(ValueAnimator.java:1489)
at android.animation.ValueAnimator.pulseAnimationFrame(ValueAnimator.java:1508)
at android.animation.AnimatorSet.pulseFrame(AnimatorSet.java:1170)
at android.animation.AnimatorSet.doAnimationFrame(AnimatorSet.java:1061)
at android.animation.AnimatorSet.pulseAnimationFrame(AnimatorSet.java:1102)
at android.animation.AnimatorSet.pulseFrame(AnimatorSet.java:1170)
at android.animation.AnimatorSet.doAnimationFrame(AnimatorSet.java:1061)
at android.animation.AnimationHandler.doAnimationFrame(AnimationHandler.java:146)
at android.animation.AnimationHandler.access$100(AnimationHandler.java:37)
at android.animation.AnimationHandler$1.doFrame(AnimationHandler.java:54)
at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:1035)
at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:845)
at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:775)
at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:1022)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:201)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:288)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7839)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:550)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1003)

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
anyone has issue with playing music?

have tried with every possible app, still not play correctly
local music files? It works fine for me (tried .mp3 only)
streaming online music (Spotify, Amazon music, YT music) has been superfine too since I listen to them every day anyways

(ArrowOS-12.0 with no mods and no root/magisk/magisk modules, GAPPS version.)

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
anyone has issue with playing music?
PowerAmp works fine for me. MP3 and flacc from external SD card.

- You can use ArrowOS Recovery (This will soon be updated too) (https://sourceforge.net/projects/kubersharma001/files/vayu/ArrowOS-recovery/) or other custom recoveries like TWRP etc.
But not with working Android 12 Data Decryption?

P.S update before fixed Battery stats didn't it?
Screenshot_20220119-165344_Einstellungen.png
Shows full 3 days from 100% to now :)

Except the Android system think it's online for 14 days ^^

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
Uhm...
Important question.
I updated to the January 19 build.
But now it happend for the third time that my screen got black for half a second. During normal usage, just went black and the ln continued as normal.

Does anyone have similar issues?

Edit: lol found it!
The proximity sensor is always active!
So when you move your finger left from the camera the screen turns black!

Attachments

• 2022-01-20_08.58.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts