Development ArrowOS 13 [android-13] for POCO X3 Pro (vayu/bhima) [OFFICIAL][+arrow-12.1]

Search This thread

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2

FERRARI81

Oct 27, 2014
Can someone please help me on how to flash the FIRMWARE only on android 12, since according to posts here TWRP cant detect a12, so I flashed the ArrowOs recovery from the first post. There is no option to flash a zip in the recovery options, only adb sideloading and when i tried to use adb sideload of the firmware zip it comes up with footer signature error --> do you want to continue? ; is this meant to happen with firmware zips?

I got the firmware files from the link in the GUIDE post (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/vayu/)
Only reason for firmware switch is the auto-brightness issue.

Thanks
Yeah, continue without problems.

I have last EU firmware; sometimes I got the same brightness issue

quazar666

May 5, 2010
Is there a specific reason for this new update, only 2 days after the previous one?
Will download it anyway, just in case...

Edit: Ah well, update works fine.

Last edited:

yeminswe

May 17, 2013
Yangon
Is there a specific reason for this new update, only 2 days after the previous one?
Will download it anyway, just in case...

Edit: Ah well, update works fine.
I haven't update yet , but it still work well ,I also wonder why they update within 2 days .. may be very minor issue so that I haven't see yet .. (I'm on data plan so that I update only when there's good promotion from my carrier like 10 GB for 30 cent- valid within 11 pm to 5 am for 3 days )

aurocha

May 24, 2013
Oporto
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Excellent to hear! Is it solved by removing Pixel spoofing, or... As for 11, I did not expect any work to be done there, although it's a great rom, besides fingerprint not being updated.

I will wait until 12.1 reaches the stability and matureness that 11 had before I update, because 11 works just about perfect.

EDIT: Nope, 12/12.1 not fixed, because spoofing has to be REMOVED, not fingerprint updated. The way it is now, everything will be OK until the next system update by Google. There is a solution in the thread I posted. No need to use Pixel 6's fingerprint. You can use default Poco X3 Pro fingerprint and still pass safetynet.

But hey, it's your ROM, do as you wish with it, although I am telling you that it's not the proper way to fix the problem.

android_frameworks_base: base: PixelPropsUtils: Update raven and redfin fp to July

android_frameworks_base: base: PixelPropsUtils: Disable spoof for recorder app

From what I understand, the ROM must ship a Pixel fingerprint so it can be seen as a certified device, right? Right now the solution, at least for Arrow is still spoofing, even though OP says there's another solution that doesn't rely on spoofing the fingerprint.

How much of an issue is this? Is it affecting other ROMs as well, eg, Pixel Experience?

Tomo123

Problem is in the framework, and PixelUtils. It will cause any device with Pixel spoofed ROMs to go into a update loop caused by Google Play Services and it's forced System Update, overheating the battery / cpu and draining data. One of the posts in the tread I mentioned has a solution for the problem.

And passing the Safetynet can be done with Magisk modules, framework does not have to be touched. But devs want their ROMs passing Safetynet out-of-the-box.

All devices are affected. Currently, the issue can be found, for example, in Arrow OS 11 and crDroid 11 threads ( as I looked ), and many more just by searching Play Services battery drain on Google. All of them are reported on custom ROMs. Even PixelExperience.

And if devs stop updating their ROMs, well... it'll become very interesting. I had to go through loops just to stop the update spam on my Arrow OS 11 Poxo X3 Pro.

Reactions: joostnl and aurocha

FERRARI81

Oct 27, 2014
Problem is in the framework, and PixelUtils. It will cause any device with Pixel spoofed ROMs to go into a update loop caused by Google Play Services and it's forced System Update, overheating the battery / cpu and draining data. One of the posts in the tread I mentioned has a solution for the problem.

And passing the Safetynet can be done with Magisk modules, framework does not have to be touched. But devs want their ROMs passing Safetynet out-of-the-box.

With Pixel spoofed I can upload foto on Google Photo without space problems. So for me is the best solution

Reactions: MrKartupelis

aurocha

May 24, 2013
Oporto
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

All devices are affected. Currently, the issue can be found, for example, in Arrow OS 11 and crDroid 11 threads ( as I looked ), and many more just by searching Play Services battery drain on Google. All of them are reported on custom ROMs. Even PixelExperience.

And if devs stop updating their ROMs, well... it'll become very interesting. I had to go through loops just to stop the update spam on my Arrow OS 11 Poxo X3 Pro.
Thanks for the explanation, it's quite detailed.

Tomo123

With Pixel spoofed I can upload foto on Google Photo without space problems. So for me is the best solution
Having no space issues when uploading photos to Google Photos is indeed a major priority LOL!

My good man, you will be singing to a different tune when the issue mentioned occurs on your phone. But when you start draining 20% of the battery per hour, battery hits 40°C , and you use up all your data fornthe month in a few days, don't come crying back here. Just keep uploading your photos.

@joostnl - That is exactly what I am talking about. One missed update by the devs, and we're all up $hit creek, without a paddle. And they spoof Pixel firmware because Google Photos, or so their ROM passes Safetynet on first use. Maybe they have no intention/idea/skill on how to properly fix the issue, or not caring since they all use single base for their ROMs. Who knows, I am just spitballing here. But the issue must be fixed.

Spoofing is not necessary, as seen in the thread with the fix. Who cares about Google Photos? Universal Safetynet Fix or Magisk Hide Props can make the phone pass Safetynet without issues, just by using a valid set of keys.

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India

I dont think it is an issue on 12.1.. have you checked personally? the spoofing can stay
if you are saying in arrow-11 context, sure and like I said that will not be updated anymore nor should be a matter of discussion here

ref: https://github.com/ArrowOS/android_...works/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml#L13

Tomo123

It's not an issue on Arrow OS 12.1... not YET, at least, since it receives regular updates, but it's the same thing on Arrow OS 11. There are no differences in the update process bug on Android 11/12/12.1. Only difference is Arrow OS 11 stopped receiving updates, and is left on an older build. Play Services update loop issue still stands, no matter the version.

Disabling those services won't help, even on 12.1. I had those disabled ( 8 available ones ), and yet again the update process started doing it's thing ( on 11 ). Host blocking towards all ota/cache/googlezip domains did not help either.

Oy by disabling one specific Play Services service ( com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService ), and possibly breaking all Google apps worked, for now, my guess is until Play Services updates itself, but I have a script running on boot to disable those automatically. And don't use any Google native apps ( like Keep, Notes... or whatever ).

Just mentioning all of this, because it will be a problem if not properly fixed. Use a test device with latest build and keep it on that build for some time. When an update comes along, it will bug out.

Last edited:

FERRARI81

Oct 27, 2014
Having no space issues when uploading photos to Google Photos is indeed a major priority LOL!

My good man, you will be singing to a different tune when the issue mentioned occurs on your phone. But when you start draining 20% of the battery per hour, battery hits 40°C , and you use up all your data fornthe month in a few days, don't come crying back here. Just keep uploading your photos.
Yeah. For me it's a Major priority 'cause I have many photos.

And if my battery starts draining I'll change rom. Very simply.

P.s. 0 problems about draining in 1 year of ArrowOs

Tomo123

Yeah. For me it's a Major priority 'cause I have many photos.
A wise man would carry an OTG cable and a USB stick that would be used to backup said photos. But, since you trust the cloud, I am not stopping you. Do as you wish, feed Google more data, who cares about privacy, right?!

Also, changing ROM won't help. 99 percent of them are Pixel based.

FERRARI81

Oct 27, 2014
A wise man would carry an OTG cable and a USB stick that would be used to backup said photos. But, since you trust the cloud, I am not stopping you. Do as you wish, feed Google more data, who cares about privacy, right?!

Also, changing ROM won't help. 99 percent of them are Pixel based.
You are wise man, you need privacy. Not me. And me and you are two different people.
Respect who think differently from you.

Top Liked Posts