Development ArrowOS 13 [android-13] for POCO X3 Pro (vayu/bhima) [OFFICIAL][+arrow-12.1]

Search This thread

Ahmed Kirkuk

Jul 29, 2015
I really don't get the point of these updates that the only change is promoting a certain device to official lol, I haven't updated since July.

Popletenec

Mar 23, 2022
I really don't get the point of these updates that the only change is promoting a certain device to official lol, I haven't updated since July.
You are gonna have to update soon, because of Pixel spoofing, Google play services will start to drain your data and battery rapidly, it happened to me just a couple days ago, I was on June build. It takes like month to month and half without updating for this issue to appear and it makes the rom basically useless.

Last edited:

Ahmed Kirkuk

Jul 29, 2015
You are gonna have to update soon, because of Pixel spoofing, Google play services will start to drain your data and battery rapidly, it happened to me just a couple days ago, I was on June build. It takes like month to month and half without updating for this issue to appear and it make the rom basically useless.
I'm flashing the recent build when at home, I don't see big changes tbf

Tomo123

Honestly, I'll most likely never update to ArrowOS 12, since 11 works perfectly fine ( besides the battery drain issue that I solved for myself ). And if those issues cause more problems down the line, with future updates to Play Services, I am reflashing without the Google crap.

Not saying that you should stay on 11, mind you. This is only an example from my side of things. Much respect to the devs and the custom ROM community, as without them Android would be a $hitshow much sooner than it is expected to become.

All is fine and dandy chasing updates every month, fixing stuff, tweaking stuff, having issues, fixing issues only to have new issues creep up... I am just not into it anymore, although EVERY phone I have must have root. Day that root becomes unavailable on Android smartphones is the day I am going full dumbphone, without a care in the world. There is literally no reason for me to upgrade to ArrowOS 12, especially since the phone works PERFECTLY as it is now, on ArrowOS 11.

Ten hours of screen-on time easily achievable, ArrowOS 11 ROM seems without major issues, everything on the hardware/software side works, performance is excellent, call recording, stable WIFI, fingerprint sensor, logcat is pretty quiet with no errors that should worry anyone... and 11's API version will be supported by apps for a long time, much longer than this phone's expected end-of-life is.

Google is hellbent on ruining the Android experience every new version, trying to become a new Apple, putting up "guards and fences" all over it's operating system. I can do without that, and as long as everything works as I want it to work, who cares if the number says 11 or 12, with some crappy cosmetic changes, and much more restrictions and issues to sewer-dive through.

Not everything newest and shiniest is the best. And I am one of those people who shows his middle finger to the fast, consumerism obsessed world. More often than not, older is better.

End of speech.

yeminswe

May 17, 2013
Yangon
Why is most user complaining errors this week ? .. I'm totally fine with this ROM except my Bluetooth devices battery percentage not showing.. it also must be my Bluetooth device error because other user can see it .. other than that , this ROM is very very stable ,no other bugs at all

Popletenec

Mar 23, 2022
Honestly, I'll most likely never update to ArrowOS 12, since 11 works perfectly fine ( besides the battery drain issue that I solved for myself ). And if those issues cause more problems down the line, with future updates to Play Services, I am reflashing without the Google crap.

Not saying that you should stay on 11, mind you. This is only an example from my side of things. Much respect to the devs and the custom ROM community, as without them Android would be a $hitshow much sooner than it is expected to become.

All is fine and dandy chasing updates every month, fixing stuff, tweaking stuff, having issues, fixing issues only to have new issues creep up... I am just not into it anymore, although EVERY phone I have must have root. Day that root becomes unavailable on Android smartphones is the day I am going full dumbphone, without a care in the world. There is literally no reason for me to upgrade to ArrowOS 12, especially since the phone works PERFECTLY as it is now, on ArrowOS 11.

Ten hours of screen-on time easily achievable, ArrowOS 11 ROM seems without major issues, everything on the hardware/software side works, performance is excellent, call recording, stable WIFI, fingerprint sensor, logcat is pretty quiet with no errors that should worry anyone... and 11's API version will be supported by apps for a long time, much longer than this phone's expected end-of-life is.

Google is hellbent on ruining the Android experience every new version, trying to become a new Apple, putting up "guards and fences" all over it's operating system. I can do without that, and as long as everything works as I want it to work, who cares if the number says 11 or 12, with some crappy cosmetic changes, and much more restrictions and issues to sewer-dive through.

Not everything newest and shiniest is the best. And I am one of those people who shows his middle finger to the fast, consumerism obsessed world. More often than not, older is better.

End of speech.
Is your Adaway fix method applicable on ArrowOS and/or other roms using A12 pixel spoofing?

Tomo123

Is your Adaway fix method applicable on ArrowOS and/or other roms using A12 pixel spoofing?
I used Adaway, along with automatically disabling certain services on boot for Play Services, using the following script in Boot Shell app ( too lazy to tinker with init.d, plus some services are unavailable on 11 but I have them disabled on boot if they ever show up ):

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.systemupdate.SystemUpdateSettingsContentProvider;
pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.systemupdateactivity.SettingsSecurityEntryPoint;
pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.systemupdateactivity.SystemUpdateActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.phone.PopupDialog;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.OtaSuggestionSummaryProvider;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateGcmTaskService;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.AmbientMusicSettingsActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.history.HistoryActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.AmbientMusicSetupWizardActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.AmbientMusicNotificationsSettingsActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.history.AddShortcutActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.history.HistoryContentProvider;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService;

Last edited:

scooty.puff.jr

May 21, 2012
I used Adaway, along with automatically disabling certain services on boot for Play Services, using the following script in Boot Shell app ( too lazy to tinker with init.d, plus some services are unavailable on 11 but I have them disabled on boot if they ever show up ):

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.systemupdate.SystemUpdateSettingsContentProvider;
pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.systemupdateactivity.SettingsSecurityEntryPoint;
pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.systemupdateactivity.SystemUpdateActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.phone.PopupDialog;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.OtaSuggestionSummaryProvider;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateGcmTaskService;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.AmbientMusicSettingsActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.history.HistoryActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.AmbientMusicSetupWizardActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.AmbientMusicNotificationsSettingsActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.history.AddShortcutActivity;
pm disable com.google.android.as/com.google.intelligence.sense.ambientmusic.history.HistoryContentProvider;
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService;

I tried running these commands in termux, and also used adaway to block the ota-cachex.googlezip.net domains, but I still kept experiencing insane battery drain of around 20% per hour.

Luckily in the last few hours the new 2022-08-21 ArrowOS v12.1 release just dropped, so I've upgraded to that and the battery drain has disappeared.... for the time being.

But it is only a matter of time before this phone will start burning my pocket again.

Popletenec

Mar 23, 2022
I tried running these commands in termux, and also used adaway to block the ota-cachex.googlezip.net domains, but I still kept experiencing insane battery drain of around 20% per hour.

Luckily in the last few hours the new 2022-08-21 ArrowOS v12.1 release just dropped, so I've upgraded to that and the battery drain has disappeared.... for the time being.

But it is only a matter of time before this phone will start burning my pocket again.
Yea, you have about a month and a half before the issue will appear again, I was on June build when the battery drain started last week, it's fine after updating. Honestly, I will stick with ArrowOS until it breaks so much that only clean flash will be only choice left and then I'll just go back to stock MIUI, debloat it and be done with custom roms for a time being, I just want functioning phone without worrying this (fixable) issue will pop out of nowhere.

I also don't really like updating when everything works perfectly, I do watch out for critical security fixes and update when necessary, but I hate being forced to update just because.

scooty.puff.jr

May 21, 2012
Yea, you have about a month and a half before the issue will appear again, I was on June build when the battery drain started last week, it's fine after updating. Honestly, I will stick with ArrowOS until it breaks so much that only clean flash will be only choice left and then I'll just go back to stock MIUI, debloat it and be done with custom roms for a time being, I just want functioning phone without worrying this (fixable) issue will pop out of nowhere.

I also don't really like updating when everything works perfectly, I do watch out for critical security fixes and update when necessary, but I hate being forced to update just because.

Did you try Tomo123's workaround (ie the "pm disable' script + Adaway blocks) and did that work for you? Because it unfortunately didn't work for me, and the only way to stop the battery drain was an ArrowOS update.

I see that people have reported the bug (#342 and #327) into gitlab, but not sure if they are specific enough to help the developers. I might create an account later, and add more details that Tomo123 has revealed.

Popletenec

Mar 23, 2022
Did you try Tomo123's workaround (ie the "pm disable' script + Adaway blocks) and did that work for you? Because it unfortunately didn't work for me, and the only way to stop the battery drain was an ArrowOS update.

I see that people have reported the bug (#342 and #327) into gitlab, but not sure if they are specific enough to help the developers. I might create an account later, and add more details that Tomo123 has revealed.
No I haven't and probably won't. I will ride ArrowOS until it stops working or developer stops updating it, I am very happy with it, no problems so far whatsoever, apart from battery drain bug. After that, I will do some research and use rom that doesn't use pixel spoofing, or go back to stock and debloat it.

Tomo123

Lineage has it's own set of problems, to be honest... Speakerphone audio during call too loud even on min loudness, screen being stuck on 120 refresh on every reboot, albeit being set to 60, until you change it manually back to 60... Lots of little things that just chaff my ball$.

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
So, we are planning to remove PixelProp utils..
WIP
And use a diff impl, where the spoofing fp will be via separate prop so people can change it (with as simple as root and build prop edit or via flashable script to change it/add a prop to /product partition as product props will override other props)
Anyways, we will use an older, deprecated elgoog device to pass the safetynet so the problem won't happen there.

aurocha

May 24, 2013
Oporto
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
So nice to hear this. The day you do it, is the day I'll jump back over to ArrowOS.

Will it be possible to edit your own fingerprint? and flash it via the said script you are planning? I could just use a Poco fingerprint that is known to pass safetynet, example:

POCO/vayu_global/vayu:11/RKQ1.200826.002/V12.0.4.0.RJUMIXM:user/release-keys .

Thanks,

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
So nice to hear this. The day you do it, is the day I'll jump back over to ArrowOS.

Will it be possible to edit your own fingerprint? and flash it via the said script you are planning? I could just use a Poco fingerprint that is known to pass safetynet, example:

POCO/vayu_global/vayu:11/RKQ1.200826.002/V12.0.4.0.RJUMIXM:user/release-keys .

Thanks,
OEMs' own prop is not that reliable and can break when certain matching key elements get changed. It will work as a basic safety net. I prefer to have CTS passed long with basic integrity that's why these custom oreo/pre oreo build fps are chosen. Anyways more information later, busy atm.

Top Liked Posts