/* Info */
This is a Chromium-based browser from Qualcomm(CodeAurora), with added features and optimizations for Snapdragon devices.
It's further customized and optimized for Krait/Kryo Snapdragon devices.
/* Changes */
- Compiled using Snapdragon LLVM compiler
- Compiled with Qualcomm's advanced auto-vectorizer enabled
- Compiled with max optimizations level
- Compiled with Krait/Kryo-exclusive optimizations
- App start-up time optimizations by using 0 compression method
- Black theme from 'Swift Dark CM / CM13 Theme' incorporated (by Per Lycke)
- Enabled Google sync (by tgpark)
- Enabled swipe edge navigation (by tgpark)
- Disabled password encryption to prevent mess with other Chrome clients (by tgpark)
- New red app icon
- Night mode color issue fixed
/* Notice */
All those "optimizations" has been tested and every single benchmark I ran has shown improved score compared to stock Chrome 54 from Google.
You should be running this ONLY when you're using Krait/Kryo-based Snapdragon devices.
This means something like Snapdragon 808/810 should avoid this.
Tested on Snapdragon 800/801/820.
Don't ask me if your Snapdragon device is Krait-based or not.
Exynos devices definitely shouldn't be running this.
If you encounter some bug, it's very likely that I won't be able to fix it.
If it's a deal-breaker, just use the regular Chrome.
And finally, yes, it's normal for the app to use 200MB+ of storage.
/* Downloads */
Only Chromium 54 version is available.
Check out this theme for making your entire system black :
I use it and love it everyday.
/* Instructions(very important) */
1. After the app installation DO NOT LAUNCH.
2. Go in to the device's Settings app and find Chromium.
3. Allow all 5 app permissions. If you skip this process, it'll malfunction.
4. Launch the app.
5. Disabling 'Secure Connect' is recommended.
6. Disabling 'Allow security updates over cellular networks' is recommended.
7. You may need to toggle 'Sync' from the in-app settings to make Google sync fully functional.
/* Thanks to */
arter97's custom-built Chromium for Snapdragon devices, App for all devices (see above for details)
Last Updated 2016-10-10