ASK about custom rom (Zenfone 2 laser ze550kl)

Search This thread

motiwyl

Dec 10, 2012
if I have unlocked bootloader can I relock bootloader by flash stock firmware with adb sideload? and i can have OTA update?
sorry for weird english

Rizzed

Nov 2, 2015
Singapore
if I have unlocked bootloader can I relock bootloader by flash stock firmware with adb sideload? and i can have OTA update?
sorry for weird english
Nope, re-locking the bootloader is not possible as of yet. You will not receive OTA updates as well, instead, you would need to manually download the file and do the necessary steps.

Reactions: motiwyl

motiwyl

Dec 10, 2012
Nope, re-locking the bootloader is not possible as of yet. You will not receive OTA updates as well, instead, you would need to manually download the file and do the necessary steps.
thanks for info but necessary steps means i can put stock rom and update it or flash stock rom again?
very sorry for weird English.

Rizzed

Nov 2, 2015
Singapore
thanks for info but necessary steps means i can put stock rom and update it or flash stock rom again?

What I meant was that to update your device after unlocking the bootloader, you would have to perform the necessary/required steps, by which I mean,

STOCK RECOVERY: Placing the update file into your SD Card, booting to the recovery mode, and then selecting "apply update from sd card"

TWRP RECOVERY: Placing the update file in any either your Internal Storage, or SD Card, and then booting into recovery mode and manually choosing the option to Install.

Hope that you can understand this clearly, and no worries, my English is not that great as well (especially so when pronouncing words, it tends to get really muddy). From what I understand from the other part of your post, yes, you can flash the stock ROM back even after you installed a custom ROM, like let's say, CyanogenMod 13.0

Reactions: motiwyl

motiwyl

Dec 10, 2012
What I meant was that to update your device after unlocking the bootloader, you would have to perform the necessary/required steps, by which I mean,

STOCK RECOVERY: Placing the update file into your SD Card, booting to the recovery mode, and then selecting "apply update from sd card"

TWRP RECOVERY: Placing the update file in any either your Internal Storage, or SD Card, and then booting into recovery mode and manually choosing the option to Install.

Hope that you can understand this clearly, and no worries, my English is not that great as well (especially so when pronouncing words, it tends to get really muddy). From what I understand from the other part of your post, yes, you can flash the stock ROM back even after you installed a custom ROM, like let's say, CyanogenMod 13.0
thanks you very much i understand what you means

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry for weird english