[Ask Any Question] Clone Phone Question Thread [Newbie Friendly]

Search This thread

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015
Hardware: MT6572 (MTK6595 IS FAKE) MODEL :S960c

Hi Xda,

I have a fake Lenovo S960c (didn't knew before i purchased it) , after i rooted it with kingo user, because there was a malware which was located only by rooting . the malware was removed , but after few months the same type of malware came again but this time there was two or three malware which was causing my battery to drain and i couldn't charge my phone battery to 100% . My Antivirus Showed my Mediatek file had a malware , i didnt know so i uninstalled that file after my phone restarted it is caught in bootloop and won't go beyond the lenovo logo.
Please advise how can i solve this problem as i have been scammed when i bought this phone from Aliexpress,
thinking this was a real MTK6595 MODEL original Lenovo phone. I have written below my phone's real spec which
i got using Mtk droid tools for your reference. please advise how can i fix my phone again.

Hardware: Mtk6572 (Mtk6595 is fake)
Model: S960c
Build Number : S5_JB3_3G_EMMC_QHD_32_4_XLD_Z12_LENO
Build Date : 20150417-064045
Andriod v: 4.4.3

Baseband: ____

Kernel v: 3.4.5([email protected])(gcc version 4.6x-google 20120106 (prerelease)(GCC)#1 SMP Fri Apr 17
18:02:31 CST 2015

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi Xda,

I have a fake Lenovo S960c (didn't knew before i purchased it) , after i rooted it with kingo user, because there was a malware which was located only by rooting . the malware was removed , but after few months the same type of malware came again but this time there was two or three malware which was causing my battery to drain and i couldn't charge my phone battery to 100% . My Antivirus Showed my Mediatek file had a malware , i didnt know so i uninstalled that file after my phone restarted it is caught in bootloop and won't go beyond the lenovo logo.
Please advise how can i solve this problem as i have been scammed when i bought this phone from Aliexpress,
thinking this was a real MTK6595 MODEL original Lenovo phone. I have written below my phone's real spec which
i got using Mtk droid tools for your reference. please advise how can i fix my phone again.

Hardware: Mtk6572 (Mtk6595 is fake)
Model: S960c
Build Number : S5_JB3_3G_EMMC_QHD_32_4_XLD_Z12_LENO
Build Date : 20150417-064045
Andriod v: 4.4.3

Baseband: ____

Kernel v: 3.4.5([email protected])(gcc version 4.6x-google 20120106 (prerelease)(GCC)#1 SMP Fri Apr 17
18:02:31 CST 2015

Most likely, the malware was caused by a required system app. Maybe the dialer, MMS, or search app? Whenever the app sweeps your phone to check and sees there is no malware app, it connects to a server and, unbeknownst to you, installs it as a system app.

Do you know the actual manufacturer? In antutu it would show Zen, Alps, Wen, Next, or another OEM name. If so, that helps a lot in recovering your OEM mtk phone.

Your phone is recognized by mtk droid tools right? If so, you should be able to go into recovery as well. Even make cwm which should help

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015

Most likely, the malware was caused by a required system app. Maybe the dialer, MMS, or search app? Whenever the app sweeps your phone to check and sees there is no malware app, it connects to a server and, unbeknownst to you, installs it as a system app.

Do you know the actual manufacturer? In antutu it would show Zen, Alps, Wen, Next, or another OEM name. If so, that helps a lot in recovering your OEM mtk phone.

Your phone is recognized by mtk droid tools right? If so, you should be able to go into recovery as well. Even make cwm which should help

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

First of all thanks for your kind Reply , really appreciated , when its comes to android, I am a toddler , not much experience in installing or flashing roms or making recoveries either. Please guide me step by step way , like a child
how to fix my phone again , as my hard earned money will go down the drain. if try to flash or do something else,
already i made it stuck on boot loop.

:good::good:

Regards
Sufyan

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
First of all thanks for your kind Reply , really appreciated , when its comes to android, I am a toddler , not much experience in installing or flashing roms or making recoveries either. Please guide me step by step way , like a child
how to fix my phone again , as my hard earned money will go down the drain. if try to flash or do something else,
already i made it stuck on boot loop.

:good::good:

Regards
Sufyan

No problem, I'm happy to help. :)

1. Is your phone still recognized when you plug it in to mtk droid tools?
2. Do you know what the actual manufacturer of your phone? If so, what?
3. What was the name of the file you deleted? (not needed, but it might help)

Qiangong2

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015

No problem, I'm happy to help. :)

1. Is your phone still recognized when you plug it in to mtk droid tools?
2. Do you know what the actual manufacturer of your phone? If so, what?
3. What was the name of the file you deleted? (not needed, but it might help)

Qiangong2

Yes , its does when i connect it to the droid tools it says in the message window,

Attention fake hardware in kernel or firmware doesn't correspond to phone
Attention File/system/Recovery-from-boot-p which restore factory recovery in case of phone
switching on in a normal mode is found.

also in left side menu the beside yellow light there is a message which says ,
S960c system/bin/su is found! Via root button it is possible to get root shell.

then when i press root button this message appears ,

to try to receive root shell through already established su .

I press yes to the button, after a while this error pop's up ,

Loss of communication with the device! the program will be closed.

I press OK then the software window is gone.

I am sorry, really don't know the actual manufacturer of the phone , i even did an tutu test but really , i only remember is the fake specs that mesmerized me a lot nothing else ,

The Files I deleted where Mediatek file , i bingo as the Anti Virus showed serious Malware in them.

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Yes , its does when i connect it to the droid tools it says in the message window,

Attention fake hardware in kernel or firmware doesn't correspond to phone
Attention File/system/Recovery-from-boot-p which restore factory recovery in case of phone
switching on in a normal mode is found.

The first "Attention" shouldn't matter, it's just reading the build.prop which claims that it is an MT6595 instead of an MT6572. The second "Attention" is more interesting. I've actually never seen that one before, but it seems like there was some error in the ROM, and (when there is) it defaults to booting to factory/stock recovery.

also in left side menu the beside yellow light there is a message which says ,
S960c system/bin/su is found! Via root button it is possible to get root shell.

then when i press root button this message appears ,

to try to receive root shell through already established su .

I press yes to the button, after a while this error pop's up ,

Loss of communication with the device! the program will be closed.

I press OK then the software window is gone.

You may already have root, or it may not be there anymore. Try opening adb (from the adb button) and type:

Code:
adb devices

If your phone is recognized, type:

Code:
adb shell

Then (if it works) type:

Code:
su

if you see a # sign right next to where you type, then you have root.

I am sorry, really don't know the actual manufacturer of the phone , i even did an tutu test but really , i only remember is the fake specs that mesmerized me a lot nothing else ,

That's okay, it will just be harder to find information about your device firmware, not impossible though.

The Files I deleted where Mediatek file , i bingo as the Anti Virus showed serious Malware in them.

That should be fine... Mediatek files can be required or useless. Most of the time they only activate if you enter factory test mode. Since they had malware in them, they shouldn't be needed.

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015
The first "Attention" shouldn't matter, it's just reading the build.prop which claims that it is an MT6595 instead of an MT6572. The second "Attention" is more interesting. I've actually never seen that one before, but it seems like there was some error in the ROM, and (when there is) it defaults to booting to factory/stock recovery.

You may already have root, or it may not be there anymore. Try opening adb (from the adb button) and type:

Code:
adb devices

If your phone is recognized, type:

Code:
adb shell

Then (if it works) type:

Code:
su

if you see a # sign right next to where you type, then you have root.

That's okay, it will just be harder to find information about your device firmware, not impossible though.

That should be fine... Mediatek files can be required or useless. Most of the time they only activate if you enter factory test mode. Since they had malware in them, they shouldn't be needed.

Sorry i forgot to tell you that when my phone was in OK condition , i did root it with kingo root , so do you think , it
is still rooted while caught in boot loop. sorry for not telling you the complete details. So should i follow the above mentioned details , also where would i find the adb button , is it when i connect the phone through droid tools it will appear there or you are talking about phone recovery menu.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Sorry i forgot to tell you that when my phone was in OK condition , i did root it with kingo root , so do you think , it
is still rooted while caught in boot loop. sorry for not telling you the complete details. So should i follow the above mentioned details , also where would i find the adb button , is it when i connect the phone through droid tools it will appear there or you are talking about phone recovery menu.

i tried all your commands mentioned above while pressing Adb Terminal Buttton, in the end the command line showed # as you have mentioned , now what should i do please advise. once again thanks for your efforts brother.

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

i tried all your commands mentioned above while pressing Adb Terminal Buttton, in the end the command line showed # as you have mentioned , now what should i do please advise. once again thanks for your efforts brother.

You have root :) so you are stuck in bootloop. The bootloop seems to be caused by mediatek file now...

Have you removed any other files? Also, where was the file placed that you removed?

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015
You have root :) so you are stuck in bootloop. The bootloop seems to be caused by mediatek file now...

Have you removed any other files? Also, where was the file placed that you removed?

As i mentioned before i only removed the file from settings, then click app, then all files , from there i uninstalled mediatek file and iBingo file nothing else. :(:( . Please advise what to do now.

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
As i mentioned before i only removed the file from settings, then click app, then all files , from there i uninstalled mediatek file and iBingo file nothing else. :(:( . Please advise what to do now.

The mediatek file is the problem then. We need to figure out what exactly the file is and also whether it is a customised file or a generic. If it is generic, then we can just copy it from another MT6572 phone with the same screen aspect ratio. If it is customised, then we need to somehow recover the file, or just get a copy of the stock firmware from the manufacturer.

On a side note: have you tried pulling a copy of your stock ROM out using adb? It may be able to shine some light onto what exactly the file affected. If you can't, that's fine. We'll just move on :) :)

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015
The mediatek file is the problem then. We need to figure out what exactly the file is and also whether it is a customised file or a generic. If it is generic, then we can just copy it from another MT6572 phone with the same screen aspect ratio. If it is customised, then we need to somehow recover the file, or just get a copy of the stock firmware from the manufacturer.

On a side note: have you tried pulling a copy of your stock ROM out using adb? It may be able to shine some light onto what exactly the file affected. If you can't, that's fine. We'll just move on :) :)

Sorry, Brother i don't really know if the file is generic or Customised one, i only remember when i uninstalled mediatek and i bingo , the first error which came up was some google gaaps type error , it asked me to repair it i clicked OK , then my phone restarted and when into boot loop. I wish i new how to do adb backup and copy my stock ROM , as i said earlier not a pro , not even a rookie , just a dumb toddler who doesn't know much about android apps and system mechanics . sorry to put you in a mess brother. thanks for your cooperation

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Sorry, Brother i don't really know if the file is generic or Customised one, i only remember when i uninstalled mediatek and i bingo , the first error which came up was some google gaaps type error , it asked me to repair it i clicked OK , then my phone restarted and when into boot loop. I wish i new how to do adb backup and copy my stock ROM , as i said earlier not a pro , not even a rookie , just a dumb toddler who doesn't know much about android apps and system mechanics . sorry to put you in a mess brother. thanks for your cooperation

Okay, go into adb from mtk droid tools, and type:

Code:
adb shell

Then (once it connects) type:

Code:
su

Now you have root. Next type this:

Code:
cat /proc/partitions

To find out which partition contains your system.img, your boot.img, and your data.img.

If none of the partitions say system or boot. Then make a copy of the partition list and upload it. We'll go from there.

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015
Okay, go into adb from mtk droid tools, and type:

Code:
adb shell

Then (once it connects) type:

Code:
su

Now you have root. Next type this:

Code:
cat /proc/partitions

To find out which partition contains your system.img, your boot.img, and your data.img.

If none of the partitions say system or boot. Then make a copy of the partition list and upload it. We'll go from there.

i followed the instructions and type the command adb shell , from there , the com and line became like this
[email protected]:/$ when i typed su beside this this error came {-} connection to ui timed out , i still went with the last command and when i wrote cat /proc/partitions , this is whats happened afterwards,

major minor #blocks name
7 0 1254 loop0
179 0 3795968 mmcblk0
179 1 1 mmcblk0p1
179 2 10240 mmcblk0p2
179 3 10240 mmcblk0p3
179 4 665600 mmcblk0p4
179 5 385024 mmcblk0p5
179 6 1355776 mmcblk0p6
179 7 1332992 mmcblk0p7
179 64 4096 mmcblk0boot1
179 32 4096 mmcblk0boot0
179 96 3933184 mmcblk1
179 97 3929088 mmcblk1p1
[email protected]:/ $ mmc

Did i do something wrong or is this what you are looking for , please advise me .

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
i followed the instructions and type the command adb shell , from there , the com and line became like this
[email protected]:/$ when i typed su beside this this error came {-} connection to ui timed out , i still went with the last command and when i wrote cat /proc/partitions , this is whats happened afterwards,

major minor #blocks name
7 0 1254 loop0
179 0 3795968 mmcblk0
179 1 1 mmcblk0p1
179 2 10240 mmcblk0p2
179 3 10240 mmcblk0p3
179 4 665600 mmcblk0p4
179 5 385024 mmcblk0p5
179 6 1355776 mmcblk0p6
179 7 1332992 mmcblk0p7
179 64 4096 mmcblk0boot1
179 32 4096 mmcblk0boot0
179 96 3933184 mmcblk1
179 97 3929088 mmcblk1p1
[email protected]:/ $ mmc

Did i do something wrong or is this what you are looking for , please advise me .

This is what we're looking for. :) mmcblk0 is the entire device. it seems like mmcblk0p4 is the system.img as it is the largest partition within device mmcblk0.

use this:

Code:
cat dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard/system.img

Which should save your system partition as a .img file on your sdcard which, once transferred to your computer, you can open with the applications ext2read and ext2explore (both on sourceforge)

Repeat previous code, replacing mmcblk0p4 with: mmcblk0p6, mmcblk0p7, and mmcblk0p5. those should bring out your boot.img and your recovery.img at least. use the perl scripts I've attached to unpack those. the instructions are in the readme file.

Attachments

• android-mtk-tools-master.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 70

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015
This is what we're looking for. :) mmcblk0 is the entire device. it seems like mmcblk0p4 is the system.img as it is the largest partition within device mmcblk0.

use this:

Code:
cat dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard/system.img

Which should save your system partition as a .img file on your sdcard which, once transferred to your computer, you can open with the applications ext2read and ext2explore (both on sourceforge)

Repeat previous code, replacing mmcblk0p4 with: mmcblk0p6, mmcblk0p7, and mmcblk0p5. those should bring out your boot.img and your recovery.img at least. use the perl scripts I've attached to unpack those. the instructions are in the readme file.

i started in adb, then command line by typing cat dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard/system.img but it said
'cat' is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
then i retyped adb shell , then su then i typed this cat dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard/system.img
this error show up

/system/bin/sh: cat: dev/block/mmcblk0p4 / permission denied
/system/bin/sh: cat: /sdcard/system.img / no such file or directory
1 :[email protected]:/ $

now what should i do , please advise.

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
i started in adb, then command line by typing cat dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard/system.img but it said
'cat' is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
then i retyped adb shell , then su then i typed this cat dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard/system.img
this error show up

/system/bin/sh: cat: dev/block/mmcblk0p4 / permission denied
/system/bin/sh: cat: /sdcard/system.img / no such file or directory
1 :[email protected]:/ $

now what should i do , please advise.

You could always just do a backup in mtk droid tools.

To do this,
1) connect your phone to the computer
2) open mtk droid tools
3) when the information shows up, click root button to get root shell (if you don't already have root shell). Then, click the root, backup, and recovery tab.
4) click backup. It is now starting to backup your phone. It doesn't matter if you pack it or not at the end.

All of the files should be in the mtk droid tools backup folder.

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015
You could always just do a backup in mtk droid tools.

To do this,
1) connect your phone to the computer
2) open mtk droid tools
3) when the information shows up, click root button to get root shell (if you don't already have root shell). Then, click the root, backup, and recovery tab.
4) click backup. It is now starting to backup your phone. It doesn't matter if you pack it or not at the end.

All of the files should be in the mtk droid tools backup folder.

when i click root in droidtools . this message then this message shows up
to try to receive root shel through already established su? i clicked yes , after a while in the left side message screen it shows : error su inaccessible . i retried again this time i click no , but this time in the message screen there was a different message :

Through CWM it is possible to get root on this phone! Look URLs :
http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?p=502084#p502084

please tell what to do .

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

to try to receive root shel through already established su? i clicked yes , after a while in the left side message screen it shows : error su inaccessible . i retried again this time i click no , but this time in the message screen there was a different message :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38337401&postcount=5

please tell what to do .

also this message was included

sufyan muhammad

Dec 20, 2015

please tell what to do .

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

also this message was included

please help me if you are not busy, waiting for your reply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a question thread for people who have Clone Phones by HDC, Goophone, Tengda, iHD, and other manufacturers' phones that are based upon an existing phone by a major manufacturer.

The design of this thread is equal to this

Make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting

Anyone can answer.
    All questions are welcome! :)
    i don't understand the technical details though , but again thanks for your patience and your help , i don't know what to do , as i can hope and pray now . thank you brother , please let me know if you found anything. :(:good:

Okay, may have found something. I have no idea if it will work, but try holding the home button down when you press enter to execute the "su" command.

Qiangong2
    I tried to use the ext4 un packer once more but after 10 seconds it crashes , i even left it for more then three minutes but it crashed again . also i don't know how to use pearl scripts i only downloaded the files which can be downloaded the rest was codes and commands . also the the third link also had files which i downloaded but i only downloaded the 32 bit versions files from there, as my windows is 32 bit. i really don't know how to use these to much technical stuff , sorry to bother you again but need your guidance to move further now.

1) move the partitions you have extracted from your phone to the same folder as your perl scripts.

2) To use the perl scipts, open command window in folder where you have stored the scripts by holding shift and right-clicking on the folder the scripts are contained in.

3) To unpack the partitions, type this, changing the name of the partition img each time:
    Code:
    ./unpack-MTK.pl mmcblk0p4.img
    This will unpack the partition IF it is a boot.img, recovery.img, or a logo.bin.

4) After you figure out which .img file is your boot.img and which is your recovery.img, we will be able to start reconstructing your stock rom :)

note: if the scripts don't work, then that most likely means you do not have perl installed. you can download here if need be.
    http://www.dhgate.com/product/note-3-v10-5-0inch-android-4-4-dual-card/216598995.html

This is the right link of my phone, and i wanna install a better rom on that phone, because the original it's s.cks. I hopefully , you can help me.

So, you actually have the Jiake V10. A Clone Phone and no-name brand. I've attached an apk for you to install and run. It should tell you all about your device. Post the screenshots here, and we can continue when we have more information. I believe I have found the stock ROM though. :)
    I found the stock rom, but the Stock rom is bad. REALY. The smartphone own system not strong enough to support itself. REALY. THIS IS NOT A JOKE, OR SOMETHING.

And yeah, on the internet: NO OTHER ROM ( CUSTOM ROM) FOR THIS SMARTPHONE. Hell YEAH.

And okay, i install the cpu-z apk, and post screenshots. ( How can i do in this phone? Or, maybe with this CPU-Z can i do screenshots on the phone?)

I'm not denying it's bad, most clone phone stock ROMs are. :)

To take a screenshot, try holding the power and home button at the same time.

Sent from my Q5 using XDA Free mobile app