• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
So is there a way to re-lock my BootLoader without the Mi apps getting Re-installed?
What method did you use to remove them?

If your device is not rooted, you won't be able to completely uninstall them from their physical location in your system partition.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirFartsLotTheFirst

Oct 6, 2020
Then you didn't uninstall them, you must have used adb to disable them. If that is what you did, then yes, that is why they were "reinstalled". When you use adb to disable/remove them, they aren't actually removed, they are just deactivated and hidden so that you don't see them and they are just not active, but, they are actually still there.

Or, you may have a kind of "recovery partition" that has a copy of your system.img that gets restored to default when you factory reset or lock/unlock bootloader.

What method did you use to remove them?

If your device is not rooted, you won't be able to completely uninstall them from there physical location in your system partition.

I used XiaomiADBFastbootTools developed by Szaki, and yes my phone isnt rooted.
The link for the XiaomiADBFastbootTools is attached to this reply.https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt

Usama Shaheer

Sep 16, 2020
Hi I installed custom rom deoxed, magisk and xposed framework on my note4 and then I mistakenly performed a softreset of the device but when the device booted again its speaker and mic is not working youtube is giving errors and whatsapp is crashing when i try to record audio it says fail to open microphone I tried with accesssories but those dont work either can you help me in this regards? Thanks

Honda ef8

Oct 11, 2020
Need boot.img for T-Mobile Revvl 4 Model 5007Z

It's been years since I've been on here. I've been away for a while and just got a new phone, T-Mobile Revvl 4 Model 5007z. Back in 2015 I had my OnePlus One and I miss it but it's outdated now. Anyway, I'm Trying to root this Revvl, it's all I got for now. I followed the Magisk root so far but I need the boot.img so I can patch it and flash it. I still need to unlock the bootloader, can I do that with another phone using a terminal emulator or do I have to use a pc? I have screen shot of system info and Magisk manager saying Ramdisk YES but don't see how to upload them. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

farshaak

Dec 16, 2018
mumbai
Help here i want to develop a kernel

I am a noob i want to develop a kernel for my phone lenovo p2 it has snpadragon 625 (msm8953)
Idk how to compile and do oc and undervolting on kernels can someone plz help me out i have seen other kernels like for mi a1 it is overclocked to 3ghz with gpu 1.6ghz (jealous moment) but on p2 the kernels were abandoned very fast and there are no updates anymore so i want to create one but i need help of some dev or someone who knows this kinda stuff. Please anyone can help out here
I have installed ubuntu and the kernel source but idk how to move on further any dev plz help me out with the kernel.
I also saw many tutorials but didnt get anything.
Help!!

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

I am a noob i want to develop a kernel for my phone lenovo p2 it has snpadragon 625 (msm8953)
Idk how to compile and do oc and undervolting on kernels can someone plz help me out i have seen other kernels like for mi a1 it is overclocked to 3ghz with gpu 1.6ghz (jealous moment) but on p2 the kernels were abandoned very fast and there are no updates anymore so i want to create one but i need help of some dev or someone who knows this kinda stuff. Please anyone can help out here
I have installed ubuntu and the kernel source but idk how to move on further any dev plz help me out with the kernel.
I also saw many tutorials but didnt get anything.
Help!!

Can any dev help me to create one plz plz

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Hi I installed custom rom deoxed, magisk and xposed framework on my note4 and then I mistakenly performed a softreset of the device but when the device booted again its speaker and mic is not working youtube is giving errors and whatsapp is crashing when i try to record audio it says fail to open microphone I tried with accesssories but those dont work either can you help me in this regards? Thanks

I am not a professional dev but i can say one thing most of these issues can be related to the kernel try changing your kernel
Cuz i use to have similar issues before
i changed kernel it fixed all of these issues
if u dont want custom kernel then u will probably get stock kernel too
hope this helps

It's been years since I've been on here. I've been away for a while and just got a new phone, T-Mobile Revvl 4 Model 5007z. Back in 2015 I had my OnePlus One and I miss it but it's outdated now. Anyway, I'm Trying to root this Revvl, it's all I got for now. I followed the Magisk root so far but I need the boot.img so I can patch it and flash it. I still need to unlock the bootloader, can I do that with another phone using a terminal emulator or do I have to use a pc? I have screen shot of system info and Magisk manager saying Ramdisk YES but don't see how to upload them. Thanks for your help!
you can use another device to do it but that device has to already be rooted and you need an OTG cable. You also will need to flash a few files to your device as well like ADB and fastboot. I've actually used my tablet to flash firmware to another device on several occasions.

Sent from my LGE LM-K500 using XDA Labs

Honda ef8

Oct 11, 2020
Do you or does anyone know where I can get the factory firmware for the Carrier: MetroPCS; Phone: T-Mobile Revvl 4 Model 5007Z Build Number: QP1A.190711.020 so I can try to patch the boot.img? And will that even work for root because of the Android security patch level (which is August 5, 2020) or am I wasting my time and should wait to see if a dev is going to do anything with this device?

you can use another device to do it but that device has to already be rooted and you need an OTG cable. You also will need to flash a few files to your device as well like ADB and fastboot. I've actually used my tablet to flash firmware to another device on several occasions.

Sent from my LGE LM-K500 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

spectreseven1138

Jul 10, 2018
Screen lock cannot be set on any rom

Hi, I'm new to XDA (hope this is the right place to ask this)

A while ago I installed Havoc OS (Q) on my device (Umidigi A5 Pro) and I had an issue where if I tried to set any type of secure screen lock (pattern, pin, password) the settings app would crash. The screen lock was not applied, but when I went back into the settings app and tried to set the lock again it acted as if I had already set a pin and asked me for it, but did not accept anything as a correct pin.
I did a factory reset, which removed the pin lock that I could not answer, and just used the rom without a screen lock.

Recently I've been trying some new roms, and I realised that this exact screen lock issue occurs on every rom I've tried (around 5 Android Q roms, both dedicated and Treble), and also now happens on the stock rom (standard Android P). Any ideas how I can fix this?

Sotureg

Oct 13, 2020
How to reinstall stock ROM

Installed a couple custom ROMs but none of them are stable. I want to revert to my stock ROM (samsung oneui android 9.0 on SM-530W) but I stupidly forgot to make a backup (even though I was intending to). I have not been able to find a place to download and .img of my stock rom and I tried some site that gave me a zip that was "invalid"

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi, I'm new to XDA (hope this is the right place to ask this)

A while ago I installed Havoc OS (Q) on my device (Umidigi A5 Pro) and I had an issue where if I tried to set any type of secure screen lock (pattern, pin, password) the settings app would crash. The screen lock was not applied, but when I went back into the settings app and tried to set the lock again it acted as if I had already set a pin and asked me for it, but did not accept anything as a correct pin.

I did a factory reset, which removed the pin lock that I could not answer, and just used the rom without a screen lock.

Recently I've been trying some new roms, and I realised that this exact screen lock issue occurs on every rom I've tried (around 5 Android Q roms, both dedicated and Treble), and also now happens on the stock rom (standard Android P). Any ideas how I can fix this?
The issue may be in the source code that the ROMs are built from. This issue will have to be solved before the ROM is compiled from source, not after the ROM is built. This might be a bug that the developers have obviously not been able to solve or it is an issue that the developers are not aware of.

Go to the ROM threads where you got the ROMs from and post your issue in those threads so that the developers of those ROMs can try to solve this issue in their ROM.

spectreseven1138

Jul 10, 2018
The issue may be in the source code that the ROMs are built from. This issue will have to be solved before the ROM is compiled from source, not after the ROM is built. This might be a bug that the developers have obviously not been able to solve or it is an issue that the developers are not aware of.

Go to the ROM threads where you got the ROMs from and post your issue in those threads so that the developers of those ROMs can try to solve this issue in their ROM.

I don't see how that would be the case. Not only have I tried over 5 roms, but the issue occurred on the stock rom as well when I reverted to it, despite it working fine when I started using the device. I'd imagine it's some broken file or partition that doesn't get wiped by TWRP, I just have no idea where to look

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I don't see how that would be the case. Not only have I tried over 5 roms, but the issue occurred on the stock rom as well when I reverted to it, despite it working fine when I started using the device. I'd imagine it's some broken file or partition that doesn't get wiped by TWRP, I just have no idea where to look
Hmm. It is strange that it occurs on stock. Yes, I'd say that something has been corrupted but I don't see how whatever it is hasn't been fixed with a wipe and a clean flash.

Have you wiped the system partition and the data partition before flashing the ROMs?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Installed a couple custom ROMs but none of them are stable. I want to revert to my stock ROM (samsung oneui android 9.0 on SM-530W) but I stupidly forgot to make a backup (even though I was intending to). I have not been able to find a place to download and .img of my stock rom and I tried some site that gave me a zip that was "invalid"

A quick search on the model of your device (SM-G530W not SM-530W) says that is a Galaxy Grand Prime (from around 2014), Are you sure that some time the stock ROM was a 9.0 OneUI?.

This looks like the stock ROM for your device running Lollipop (TouchWiz) https://www.mediafire.com/file/dv7grn94dyby274/G530WVLU1AOF9_G530WOYA1AOF9_XAC.zip/file

Sotureg

Oct 13, 2020
A quick search on the model of your device (SM-G530W not SM-530W) says that is a Galaxy Grand Prime (from around 2014), Are you sure that some time the stock ROM was a 9.0 OneUI?.

This looks like the stock ROM for your device running Lollipop (TouchWiz) ]

My bad, its the A530W. It is most definitely a samsung A8 2018. My mother is using the same device as me and is running the stock os, would a possible solution be to create a backup of her device then install it on my own?

Edit: pretty sure I ****ed up the multi-quote, It wouldn't let me post a the link to what I was quoting because I'm too new so I just took it out

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
My bad, its the A530W. It is most definitely a samsung A8 2018. My mother is using the same device as me and is running the stock os, would a possible solution be to create a backup of her device then install it on my own?

Edit: pretty sure I ****ed up the multi-quote, It wouldn't let me post a the link to what I was quoting because I'm too new so I just took it out

I though that, You don't need to quote just use the Reply option above the answer.

If your device is running well then you can backup almost everything with root and a custom recovery and if you are not rooted then you can use SmartSwitch for Samsung.

Here you have some of the various firmwares that is for your device, and there you have the guide to flash it. https://sfirmware.com/es/samsung-sm-a530w/

Sotureg

Oct 13, 2020
That was what I was looking for, but I have had an issue where I cannot install any ROMs that are in zip folders, only .img. (Invalid zip file format) Smart switch says that my device is unsupported. IDK if i'm doing something in the wrong order or completely forgetting something cuz im a complete noob at this, but is there another way to install a ROM such as through Odin Flash that might work instead?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
That was what I was looking for, but I have had an issue where I cannot install any ROMs that are in zip folders, only .img. (Invalid zip file format) Smart switch says that my device is unsupported. IDK if i'm doing something in the wrong order or completely forgetting something cuz im a complete noob at this, but is there another way to install a ROM such as through Odin Flash that might work instead?

You can't install a ROM in zip format, you have to extract it and inside you probably get a file in tar format or tell me which files do you have after to extract the zip?

And about Smart Switch are you trying with your device on or how did you try to use it?

Sotureg

Oct 13, 2020
You can't install a ROM in zip format, you have to extract it and inside you probably get a file in tar format or tell me which files do you have after to extract the zip?

And about Smart Switch are you trying with your device on or how did you try to use it?

After I extract, I get 5 different .tar.md5 files, one of which is significantly larger than the rest. I'm not sure how to extract the tar from that and which ones to install though.

Since I don't have a ROM installed, I have not tried Smart Switch with the device on. I have tried when I had an error message, another time on the "downloading, do not turn off target" screen after holding down all the buttons, and once in TWRP. All have shown that the device is not supported. I also watched a video on Smart Switch where one of the comments linked to this https://forum. xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/device-initialization-tab-smart-switch-t3700574) (space betwen . and xda to get around no links for me), saying that smart switch can no longer be used for stock flash or something along those lines.

BTW, really appreciate your help!

Edit: I found a guide for flashing the stock ROM through Odin which I followed (and it used those 5 .tar.md5 files) but it failed. I have used Odin before for installing TWRP so I don't think that would be a connection issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II