Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Feb 13, 2021
Hi people, I have a question about my Wiko U Feel lite (MT6735) which I think I accidentally hard-bricked with SP Flash Tool while formatting all partitions (not sure if it's that, but I suspect it), I'd like to know if I can fix it and if there's a way to force it to boot from home (with my PC & without having to go through a repair shop or whatsoever).

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi people, I have a question about my Wiko U Feel lite (MT6735) which I think I accidentally hard-bricked with SP Flash Tool while formatting all partitions (not sure if it's that, but I suspect it), I'd like to know if I can fix it and if there's a way to force it to boot from home (with my PC & without having to go through a repair shop or whatsoever).
Try to restore again the bootloader partition to recover the ability to flash the other partitions; flash through SP Flash tool only the preloader.bin and the lk.bin and lk1.bin (if present), then you could flash the other partitions in another round.

Be careful which options you tick on the tool, enter to settings and look up, not format, not wipe nor any similar.

You always have to check in the first tab "Format" that the option "Format all except bootloader" is ticked, this feature only applies when you perform a firmware upgrade.

Androiderz

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
Hello friends. I need help with identifying a working EDL programmer for the Qualcomm QM215. I have been working on obtaining root access for the UMX U693CL. At this point I am not sure if I will need a firmware-specific programmer or preferably a programmer that works with the MSM8937 SoC (*AIDA64 - have not been able to find any documentation from Qualcomm that officially links the QM215 to this specific chipset and based on TeleEpoch it is possible that this chip may be utilizing old MSM8909 protocols)

Here is what I have so far:
Manufacturer: TeleEpoch Ltd, a subsidiary of Jinlong Electrical and Mechanical Co. Ltd
TeleEpoch Registered Brand: Unimaxxcomm Ltd
Model: UMX U693CL
Model AKAs: UNI U693 | UMX Pearl | TeleEpoch Pearl U693
CPU: Qualcomm QM215 (Qualcomm Series 2 Snapdragon 425 variant)
Platform: MSM8937 (identified by AIDA64)
GPU: Adreno 308
Treble: Yes
Firmware (Old): U693CL_01.01.01.182518
Firmware (Current): U693CL_01.01.09.741219
Comparable Devices:
Alcatel 1A (2020) 5002F
Alcatel 1B (2020) 5002D
Nokia 1.3
Nokia 1.4
Vsmart Star
Vsmart Star 3

I have tried all the Qualcomm EDL programmers that I could find including those linked to MSM8937, MSM8917 (SD 425), and MSM8909. So far, none of the programmers tested have worked in QFIL. I have a Qualcomm account but have not found anything there nor have I been able to communicate with the manufacturer.

Yes, this is an inexpensive phone but there are a lot of people using it and there is just too many ad-saturated spammy websites listing misleading or shoddy information for me to do nothing. Thank you!

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello friends. I need help with identifying a working EDL programmer for the Qualcomm QM215. I have been working on obtaining root access for the UMX U693CL. At this point I am not sure if I will need a firmware-specific programmer or preferably a programmer that works with the MSM8937 SoC (*AIDA64 - have not been able to find any documentation from Qualcomm that officially links the QM215 to this specific chipset and based on TeleEpoch it is possible that this chip may be utilizing old MSM8909 protocols)

Here is what I have so far:
Manufacturer: TeleEpoch Ltd, a subsidiary of Jinlong Electrical and Mechanical Co. Ltd
TeleEpoch Registered Brand: Unimaxxcomm Ltd
Model: UMX U693CL
Model AKAs: UNI U693 | UMX Pearl | TeleEpoch Pearl U693
CPU: Qualcomm QM215 (Qualcomm Series 2 Snapdragon 425 variant)
Platform: MSM8937 (identified by AIDA64)
GPU: Adreno 308
Treble: Yes
Firmware (Old): U693CL_01.01.01.182518
Firmware (Current): U693CL_01.01.09.741219
Comparable Devices:
Alcatel 1A (2020) 5002F
Alcatel 1B (2020) 5002D
Nokia 1.3
Nokia 1.4
Vsmart Star
Vsmart Star 3

I have tried all the Qualcomm EDL programmers that I could find including those linked to MSM8937, MSM8917 (SD 425), and MSM8909. So far, none of the programmers tested have worked in QFIL. I have a Qualcomm account but have not found anything there nor have I been able to communicate with the manufacturer.

Yes, this is an inexpensive phone but there are a lot of people using it and there is just too many ad-saturated spammy websites listing misleading or shoddy information for me to do nothing. Thank you!
If your device has the SD425 then I think that MSM8917 is the right model.

In case you didn´t see it before https://mega.nz/file/4mgRGSYR#oy12etomZH-5ZT4Pv6ARUr1GCJEG2HVpxJg-KZZPoso

Also I should search and find for the programmers for one of these devices that use the same processor https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-425-SoC.207568.0.html

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrocketdog
Feb 13, 2021
Try to restore again the bootloader partition to recover the ability to flash the other partitions; flash through SP Flash tool only the preloader.bin and the lk.bin and lk1.bin (if present), then you could flash the other partitions in another round.

Be careful which options you tick on the tool, enter to settings and look up, not format, not wipe nor any similar.

You always have to check in the first tab "Format" that the option "Format all except bootloader" is ticked, this feature only applies when you perform a firmware upgrade.
Thanks for the help.

So I did find lk.bin (but not lk1.bin) & flashed it with preloader.bin before flashing the other partitions, nonetheless nothing happened when I pressed the power button, it still refuses to boot...

I read on a thread here that the only way to fix it then is with a "clone" of the stock ROM or something like this (if it's not just the same process) do you think I should move on to that?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for the help.

So I did find lk.bin (but not lk1.bin) & flashed it with preloader.bin before flashing the other partitions, nonetheless nothing happened when I pressed the power button, it still refuses to boot...

I read on a thread here that the only way to fix it then is with a "clone" of the stock ROM or something like this (if it's not just the same process) do you think I should move on to that?
Do you see 2 boxes for lk partition or just one? Do you have the stock ROM? Flashing process is fine? Which model is?

Androiderz

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
If your device has the SD425 then I think that MSM8917 is the right model.
Thank you for the reply. Its a bit confusing because I can't find any official Qualcomm documentation linking it to 425. AIDA64 lists it as MSM8937 and Wikipedia lists it as a "toned-down variant of the SD 425" and still other sources list is as a 200 series smh. I didn't see that programmer for the u683cl as the thread and post have been removed but that programmer is in my folder of programmers (adding more as I speak). Guess I'll just have to try every single programmer under MSM8917, MSM8909, and MSM8937.

Basically, I am trying to run partition manager in QFIL to pull partition data in hopes to decompile boot and recovery data. Also wondering if a GSI rom could be modified to flash in QFIL (with the correct programmer)

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thank you for the reply. Its a bit confusing because I can't find any official Qualcomm documentation linking it to 425. AIDA64 lists it as MSM8937 and Wikipedia lists it as a "toned-down variant of the SD 425" and still other sources list is as a 200 series smh. I didn't see that programmer for the u683cl as the thread and post have been removed but that programmer is in my folder of programmers (adding more as I speak). Guess I'll just have to try every single programmer under MSM8917, MSM8909, and MSM8937.

Basically, I am trying to run partition manager in QFIL to pull partition data in hopes to decompile boot and recovery data. Also wondering if a GSI rom could be modified to flash in QFIL (with the correct programmer)
There are some things that you can do but still is a little risky.

No matter what you try the first you have to be sure is two things: that the bootloader can be unlocked and that you have access to fastboot mode.

If you can unlock it and if the OEM allow fastboot protocol then you can write the next command to see all the real specs of your device:
Code:
fastboot getvar all
Assuming that your device has the SD425 SoC then you can use a TWRP for a similar device and just booting to it without flashing it (you have 80% probabilities that it woprks) once in TWRP you could backup at least the boot partition (and maybe more if it can mount something) be warned that this can softly brick your device (5% of probabilities according my own experience). I never see this kind of solutions but theoretically can be done and I did it from variant of the same model.

As per the GSIs you don´t need to use Qfil for that, having access to fastboot is enough to flash it directly to the system partition and you should need the vbmeta.img from Google in order to bypas force encryption that sometimes cause device not booting.

Androiderz

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
There are some things that you can do but still is a little risky.

No matter what you try the first you have to be sure is two things: that the bootloader can be unlocked and that you have access to fastboot mode.

If you can unlock it and if the OEM allow fastboot protocol then you can write the next command to see all the real specs of your device:
Code:
fastboot getvar all
Assuming that your device has the SD425 SoC then you can use a TWRP for a similar device and just booting to it without flashing it (you have 80% probabilities that it woprks) once in TWRP you could backup at least the boot partition (and maybe more if it can mount something) be warned that this can softly brick your device (5% of probabilities according my own experience). I never see this kind of solutions but theoretically can be done and I did it from variant of the same model.

As per the GSIs you don´t need to use Qfil for that, having access to fastboot is enough to flash it directly to the system partition and you should need the vbmeta.img from Google in order to bypas force encryption that sometimes cause device not booting.
Well the phone ships with the bootloader unlocked. However, I don't have access to fastboot. From what I understand with Qualcomm devices there is only EDL (Emergency Download Mode) otherwise yes, like MTK devices, simple fastboot commands to send bootimg would be nice, root would be easy, but without root access I believe that QFIL or MiFlash or Sahara OpenPST would be the only way to flash files.

I did try fastboot, but two things, I cannot locate specific device drivers and/or fastboot is factory-disabled.
From Factory Recovery: reboot bootloader - device reboots and hangs at boot logo
From ADB: adb reboot bootloader - device reboots and hangs at boot logo

so...I really really need an OEM-signed programmer :(

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Well the phone ships with the bootloader unlocked. However, I don't have access to fastboot. From what I understand with Qualcomm devices there is only EDL (Emergency Download Mode) otherwise yes, like MTK devices, simple fastboot commands to send bootimg would be nice, root would be easy, but without root access I believe that QFIL or MiFlash or Sahara OpenPST would be the only way to flash files.

I did try fastboot, but two things, I cannot locate specific device drivers and/or fastboot is factory-disabled.
From Factory Recovery: reboot bootloader - device reboots and hangs at boot logo
From ADB: adb reboot bootloader - device reboots and hangs at boot logo

so...I really really need an OEM-signed programmer :(
Both MTk and Qualcomm have fastboot mode just to mention Xiaomi, OnePlus, Sony, LG, Pixel and a lot more but some OEMs disable it as seen it happens with your device, from what I know only Asus, Samsung and maybe other don´t have it enabled.

You should try also with combination keys that is usually either using volume down + pwr buttons or volume down at the same time that you connect to PC, it could be some combination to try to, adb commands can be disabled to that option.

I guess that you entered to EDL mode using test point maybe, and what about the QHUSB_9008 drivers?

Androiderz

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
You should try also with combination keys that is usually either using volume down + pwr buttons or volume down at the same time that you connect to PC, it could be some combination to try to, adb commands can be disabled to that option.

I guess that you entered to EDL mode using test point maybe, and what about the QHUSB_9008 drivers?
Yep, tried all possible hard key combinations:

1. Power + Vol up then hold Vol Up = DL mode (no command) and from there Vol down=reboot system or Power + Vol up=factory recovery

2. Vol up + Vol down + USB = EDL (works w/battery in or out)

3. Power + Vol down = Fastboot (except its disabled = hangs at boot logo)

(need SU access in adb power shell to run commands to re-enable fastboot)

and yep QDLoader HS-USB 9008 is driver for EDL flashing...might be worth mentioning that 9008 mode (EDL) is Qualcomm's successor to Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006.

when installed 9008 replaces QHUSB_Bulk (Device Manager - Ports) and for this phone, on 9008 mode Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device isn't listed in (Device Manager - Drives)

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Yep, tried all possible hard key combinations:

1. Power + Vol up then hold Vol Up = DL mode (no command) and from there Vol down=reboot system or Power + Vol up=factory recovery

2. Vol up + Vol down + USB = EDL (works w/battery in or out)

3. Power + Vol down = Fastboot (except its disabled = hangs at boot logo)

(need SU access in adb power shell to run commands to re-enable fastboot)

and yep QDLoader HS-USB 9008 is driver for EDL flashing...might be worth mentioning that 9008 mode (EDL) is Qualcomm's successor to Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006.

when installed 9008 replaces QHUSB_Bulk (Device Manager - Ports) and for this phone, on 9008 mode Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device isn't listed in (Device Manager - Drives)
Your device has to be listed as port #

Here some collections of Firehose https://androidfilehost.com/?w=search&s=firehose&type=files

Other readings that may help https://github.com/openpst/sahara

A collection of tools that might work for Qualcomm download mode https://androidmtk.com/category/tools

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Both MTk and Qualcomm have fastboot mode just to mention Xiaomi, OnePlus, Sony, LG, Pixel and a lot more but some OEMs disable it as seen it happens with your device, from what I know only Asus, Samsung and maybe other don´t have it enabled.

You should try also with combination keys that is usually either using volume down + pwr buttons or volume down at the same time that you connect to PC, it could be some combination to try to, adb commands can be disabled to that option

just saying , one time (dont remember which phone) i had to hold power & volume- & volume+ all three at same time and then plug it in.
maybe worth a try if other button combos dont work.

lunik1

Dec 14, 2020
Hi everybody,

I am having some trouble with push notifications on my AGM X3 running Android 8.1.0. Namely that notifications are not working at all for some apps. I installed the Push Notification Tester from the Play Store, and manages to request a notification, but when waits seemingly forever for that notification to arrive. I also see similar behaviour from the push notification tester in the Element matrix client (only on the app store version, not on the f-droid version that does not use FCM). Anybody know what could be behind this?

Ozakong

Jul 27, 2012
hello, i need a recovery mode with a password protection? is there any one you know that have a password protection?
if yes, it can be flash to any phone?

Hitti2

Dec 27, 2015
how do I disable preview pane in Gmail Android app? I am on a Samsung tab s7 plus 5G when I open Gmail it automatically shows the email opened on the right hand side if title of a email is highlighted. I cannot post a screenshot cuz I got personal emails.