Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could compile TWRP for a specific device tree for me, I haven't done this before but attempting to do so gave me an error so I am not sure what I am missing. The tree in question (Hopefully this is an appropriate thread)

The Error in I have gotten.
FAILED: ninja: '/home/runner/work/Action-Recovery-builder/Action-Recovery-builder/workspace/out/target/product/EC211001/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/bootctrl.mt6833_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/runner/work/Action-Recovery-builder/Action-Recovery-builder/workspace/out/target/product/EC211001/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/[email protected]_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it
Your best help would be in the following"How to compile TWRP" thread.

rammaher212

Dec 25, 2021
Xperia r1 plus one month ago hang so much and crashed all app or not responding all time after one day mobile switch off after long try its on used volume up + down and power button now after few day same problem not responding all app and full hang mobile after i try to hard rest and also wipe data using recovery but work only 2 3day .one week ago mobile stuck on Sony logo following things only work

1) charging :-when i am connected to charging its show battery charge icon after sony logo

2) fastboot work using volume down + power

I try to now reset using recovery but not come recovery mode i try lots of try volume up + powe key or volume up + power key and after sony still hold up key but stuck in sony logo not come recovery mode

i also try to boot take time so hold for 12 hour mobile but stuck in sony not start

after try to reset using fastboot but i am not able to reset because not oem unlocked i search in sony site but not available device i also try using sony suit but its not work also try without sim and memory card

i am goto market for flash but not work

so if any way possible to unlock oem so try to reset using fastboot is only 1 option .no any ftf file or img file available to flash so help me what i do....

aochagavia

Jan 1, 2022
Hi there! I have some questions after a bunch of experiments flashing an old Samsung S5 (SM-G900F). Hope you can help me out :). I have no previous flashing experience so it has been difficult to navigate these waters.

Yesterday I found this old Samsung S5 lying around and, but it was running Android 5 and I decided to try and flash a more recent version. Since LineageOS seemed like the best documented ROM out there, I gave it a try by following these instructions.

After installing the custom LineageOS recovery with Odin, I sideloaded the LineageOS image using adb and rebooted the smartphone. Unfortunately, the result was and endless loop when trying to boot (i.e. it would show the LineageOS loading screen, then reboot).

The LineageOS instructions include a warning saying "Warning: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 6.0.1 firmware.", which I ignored (the device was running Android 5). Could this be the cause of the boot loop? Why does the existing Android version matter? How am I supposed to get the Android 6.0.1 firmware on the phone? Should I look for a stock Android 6.0.1 image and flash that first?

After this problem, I went on to try an official crDroid release I found in the forum, but that one also had a boot loop. After that, I went looking for a stock Android image to resurrect my phone. My search brought me to this firmware list on sammobile. I randomly tried a bunch of those Android 6.0.1 images, but in every case Odin failed, complaining about something related to not having enough space in the ext4 filesystem (I didn't copy the exact error message, but if necessary I could try to flash one of those images again to see what happens). The phone has an internal storage of 16 GB, so I would assume there is enough space for everything.

Finally, I noticed one of the images on sammobile was for Android 5.0. As a last resort, I tried it out and it worked! Though it has the usual carrier bloatware, at least the phone is alive.

Taking a step back, I'd be glad to hear what my options are to get a bloatware-free Android experience, preferably using a recent Android version.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi there! I have some questions after a bunch of experiments flashing an old Samsung S5 (SM-G900F). Hope you can help me out :). I have no previous flashing experience so it has been difficult to navigate these waters.

Yesterday I found this old Samsung S5 lying around and, but it was running Android 5 and I decided to try and flash a more recent version. Since LineageOS seemed like the best documented ROM out there, I gave it a try by following these instructions.

After installing the custom LineageOS recovery with Odin, I sideloaded the LineageOS image using adb and rebooted the smartphone. Unfortunately, the result was and endless loop when trying to boot (i.e. it would show the LineageOS loading screen, then reboot).

The LineageOS instructions include a warning saying "Warning: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 6.0.1 firmware.", which I ignored (the device was running Android 5). Could this be the cause of the boot loop? Why does the existing Android version matter? How am I supposed to get the Android 6.0.1 firmware on the phone? Should I look for a stock Android 6.0.1 image and flash that first?

After this problem, I went on to try an official crDroid release I found in the forum, but that one also had a boot loop. After that, I went looking for a stock Android image to resurrect my phone. My search brought me to this firmware list on sammobile. I randomly tried a bunch of those Android 6.0.1 images, but in every case Odin failed, complaining about something related to not having enough space in the ext4 filesystem (I didn't copy the exact error message, but if necessary I could try to flash one of those images again to see what happens). The phone has an internal storage of 16 GB, so I would assume there is enough space for everything.

Finally, I noticed one of the images on sammobile was for Android 5.0. As a last resort, I tried it out and it worked! Though it has the usual carrier bloatware, at least the phone is alive.

Taking a step back, I'd be glad to hear what my options are to get a bloatware-free Android experience, preferably using a recent Android version.
Firstly, I would recommend you make sure what your exact model is, not all the software saying for S5 suits for any S5 model...

Knowing your exact model, you could upgrade to the latest official version if available, that will serve as based to flash newer custom ROMs.

After that search for a TWRP for it, not ADB implied, just flash it through Odin, uncheck the auto-reboot option on the tool and reboot manually to TWRP, don't remember exactly, maybe 6 years ago I owned one and there was a lot of development for it.

Now, having TWRP installed, you can flash almost any ROM that suits for your model/variant (if available).

If you only want to "debloat it" you can upgrade (if any) and rooting it would be the easy way to do it.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

aochagavia

Jan 1, 2022
Firstly, I would recommend you make sure what your exact model is, not all the software saying for S5 suits for any S5 model...

Knowing your exact model, you could upgrade to the latest official version if available, that will serve as based to flash newer custom ROMs.

After that search for a TWRP for it, not ADB implied, just flash it through Odin, uncheck the auto-reboot option on the tool and reboot manually to TWRP, don't remember exactly, maybe 6 years ago I owned one and there was a lot of development for it.

Now, having TWRP installed, you can flash almost any ROM that suits for your model/variant (if available).

If you only want to "debloat it" you can upgrade (if any) and rooting it would be the easy way to do it.
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by "exact model"? I know it is a SM-G900F. Is that enough? Or do you mean something else?

By the way, what do you mean when you say that the installed Android version is used as a base when flashing newer custom ROMs? My current mental model is that flashing a ROM is equivalent to formatting your computer and doing a clean install, but your reply gives me the impression that my understanding is inaccurate.

Thanks for the suggestion to install TWRP. I'll try it out and see how that goes.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by "exact model"? I know it is a SM-G900F. Is that enough? Or do you mean something else?
It's OK, then this is the model, the first step is covered.
By the way, what do you mean when you say that the installed Android version is used as a base when flashing newer custom ROMs? My current mental model is that flashing a ROM is equivalent to formatting your computer and doing a clean install, but your reply gives me the impression that my understanding is inaccurate.
This is more or less what you found before in the post where they say to flash this or that ROM being in MM-6.0, this means that the stock ROM MM-6.0 will serve as base. A custom ROM can't make exactly a clean install because a custom ROM only contains a part of the software, although this piece of software it's enough to run over a specific stock ROM, the only parts that are replaced are exactly those that are contained in that or this custom ROM.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Oshim

Jan 5, 2022
Hi, I am new to this forum and also new to Rooting and Flashing.
Recently I rooted my Samsung Galaxy M20 device with Magisk after flashing TWRP Recovery with Odin.
Now I want to take a nandroid backup (full rom backup along with all system settings and apps data).
1. On Backup menu of TWRP, should I select only ''boot'', ''system'' , ''data'' or ''System Image'' along with these?
2. And as I am taking the backup after rooting, will the backup include root access? I mean if I restore the backup later, will then the rom be kept rooted?
3. Is there a way to backup rom with keeping root access for my device?

(I rooted the device by flashing magisk with TWRP. Before that I flashed a zip file ''disable dm verify''. I actually followed a youtube video.)

alex68md

Mar 7, 2012
chisinau
www.68.md
HI
could you please help me understand what is wrong with permissions, etc

I have installed Wakelock Detector apk on two phones
for one you can find success log where Kernel wakelock mode is opened

for other one Kernel mode is not opened ( error.txt log). I get error Failed to perform (pls find screenshot)
but I cant understand why it return me error

please advise

Attachments

• success.txt
    52.8 KB · Views: 1
  • success2.txt
    106.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Wakelock Detector Errror.png
    Wakelock Detector Errror.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 6

alex68md

Mar 7, 2012
chisinau
www.68.md
btw , WLD has access to battery stats
Code:
adb shell pm grant com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.full android.permission.BATTERY_STATS

ca't understand why it doesnt want to open Kernel mode :(

TomGuma

Nov 29, 2010
Hi Im looking for way how to disable pop-up window where I can choose what app I want to use when I scan NFC tag. I want only use Taker to react to NFC tag. But I have WeChat and it can react to NFC also. So every time I scan NFC tag I need to manually choose tasker. I was thinking to revoke permission from WeChat but andriod.permission.NFC is changeable permission type. Is there another way? THX for help

purpleyui

Jan 13, 2022
so i was trying to root my samsung a52s 5G, the bootloader is unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out. i entered download mode and using odin i injected Insert A52_MagiskPatched_AndroidHowTo.tar but my phone didnt reboot to recovery mode and instead i got this screen
271518937_678760336631798_3023046867533330298_n.jpg

maybeme2

Aug 28, 2015
Google Pixel 5
Moto G 5G
Hi, I am new to this forum and also new to Rooting and Flashing.
Recently I rooted my Samsung Galaxy M20 device with Magisk after flashing TWRP Recovery with Odin.
Now I want to take a nandroid backup (full rom backup along with all system settings and apps data).
1. On Backup menu of TWRP, should I select only ''boot'', ''system'' , ''data'' or ''System Image'' along with these?
2. And as I am taking the backup after rooting, will the backup include root access? I mean if I restore the backup later, will then the rom be kept rooted?
3. Is there a way to backup rom with keeping root access for my device?

(I rooted the device by flashing magisk with TWRP. Before that I flashed a zip file ''disable dm verify''. I actually followed a youtube video.)
You should select boot, system, data in your TWRP backup.
Note: even though it includes 'data', this is not your data like photos, documents, etc. These need to be backed up separetly!
Yes the nandroid backup will be the rooted system. Restoring it will restore what you now have except for personal data (photos, documents, downloads, etc.)

Ohhh.John

Jul 24, 2020
Okay, I have a Nokia 1.4 (TA-1323) and I want to root with Magisk but cant find its stock firmware.

After searching all night the only stock firmware I could ever find for it is locked behind a paywall. And Im broke. (Also there is no sub-forum here or guides anywhere for this phone, at least none that actually link to the files needed.)

Yet I was able to find a slight variant, that is the same phone but with the model number TA-1322. And I was able to extract the boot.img and recovery.img from the update.zip.
My question is whether or not I can patch & flash this boot.img onto my phone (TA-1323) without bricking my device. And whether or not I need to patch recovery.img instead considering it doesnt have A/B partitions.

If anyone has links to this stock firmware (with the September Security Update), or to a custom recovery that is compatible with this device, or even has the stock boot.img. I would gladly accept those as well.

This is my first post on XDA, so forgive any mistakes please. And thank you all for any help in advance.

maybeme2

Aug 28, 2015
Google Pixel 5
Moto G 5G
1. Can the order in which items appear when you swipe down the status bar be changed? I would like certain items (Calendar Notify) to always be at the top. Is that possible?

2. /storage/emulated contains symlinks to real files. When you delete a file in those folders, is the 'real' file also deleted? SD Maid finds unwanted files in /storage/emulated/.... and offers to delete them. Is it safe to do so since they are just symlinks?

Cool2486

Jan 1, 2022
Hey I was wondering whether it is possible to root vivo by patching boot.img by magisk and replacing the boot.img in the firmware by patched one and then flash the whole firmware by local upgrade feature in the phone is it possible and if goes wrong how badly it can affect my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a new phone (Moto one 5G ace 128 GB with an additional sdcard slot) and I can avoid rooting it if I could do 2 things on an unrooted phone:
    1. Create the equivalent of TWRP's nandroid backup
    2. Do the equivalent of Titanium Backup of apps.

I believe they are possible (preferably to the 2nd sdcard) but I don't know how. Can someone help?

Thank you.
    The only way to get a proper nandroid backup is either with root or with TWRP. Without at least one of those, you will not be able to make a nandroid backup or any kind of backup that is as thorough as a nandroid backup. There are plenty of ways to backup data without root or TWRP but none of them can back up the things that a nandroid backup can.
    The first you need to know, is exactly, the specs from your device, which processor really has, among other info. As you can realize, the specs from the manufacturer are absolutely surreal.

Starting from this point, I don't think, you find a specific custom ROM for such generic device, so the step 2 would be, try to port this ROM for your device, to achieve this, you should find a custom ROM that is actually, running on a device with the closer similar specs to yours, then learn how to port it. Assume that your device really have an MT6889, then you should search, for example, something like: "Devices with processor MT6889", then, from the list you'll have, search "custom ROM for X device", this ROM would be a good candidate, to try to port it.

If your device is running Android 8.1, most likely Android 9 (more available files for), then you should use a GSI.

The long process would be building it from source, I don't think you find a source for such generic/obscure device.
    I have a HP 8 G2 Tablet. When I start the unit it displays, "E: failed to mount". I have tried to do a factory reset but cannot get past this screen.

I appreciate any help or advice.
    Flashing the stock ROM would solve it. The scripts verified in the flashing process mount every partition to re-write them, once by once, again.
    Thank you for your reply! Can you suggest a place where I could find the stock ROM? I have looked everywhere.
    I don't know, the most you can do is search for "stock ROM for X device", first search if your tablet have other variants, for other regions, in some way the firmware for them, could work too, for your device, in case some exists.

Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II