914mrx

Jun 23, 2014
Hello, i have a Ulefone Armor X7 Pro and find there this : com.android.HorCali
So anybody now what is????????????
Just google it but no results.
Thank´s for any replay.

lzeya

Apr 10, 2022
Help, Due to my phone keeps on bootlooping i tried to fix but got my phone hard bricked after I failed flashing rom and it have black screen, no detection, no sound once you put it in pc and I don't know what to do
Phone: Samsung Galaxy j2 prime SM-G532G

theultimateabsol

Apr 28, 2021
Are there any images or ROMs that are capable of running docker?

I've found this thread that talks about modifying the existing android kernel, but I wonder if there's something like a LineageOS that I can flash to my phone and just run docker.

Reason? Dead smartphones are literally cheaper than raspberry pis right now, and are in stock.

King-Basti

Apr 13, 2022
Hello guys, im really becoming frustrated with my problem lately. I use an S22 Ultra and used a S21 Ultra before. I have the following problem which I've also had on the S21 Ultra...In many apps it occurs that the images won't load at all or will take forever to load. Like it shows the empty frames of the images but not the actual images and then just loads This happens in apps like instagram, twitter, snapchat partly, amazon. Like apps which I think are web based. I tried the following:

Reinstalled all the apps in which I had that problem, cleared their data&cache

Wiped data&cache from AndroidSystem Webview
Installed the Beta from Android System Webview
Installed an Update which came out yesterday for android system webview
Updated Chrome, ceared it's cache&data

The problem still occurs and I don't know what to do anymore. I think it's an android problem like always and has nothing to do with samsung so getting in touch with their helpline will only get me like "please factory reset your device.." It frustrates me that there are always problems coming up which are the fault of android beeing so badly optimized (battery management aswell) and even if I love Samsung phones it makes me want to switch to apple for my next phone.. I hope anyone can help me with the problem I described.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello guys, im really becoming frustrated with my problem lately. I use an S22 Ultra and used a S21 Ultra before. I have the following problem which I've also had on the S21 Ultra...In many apps it occurs that the images won't load at all or will take forever to load. Like it shows the empty frames of the images but not the actual images and then just loads This happens in apps like instagram, twitter, snapchat partly, amazon. Like apps which I think are web based. I tried the following:

Reinstalled all the apps in which I had that problem, cleared their data&cache

Wiped data&cache from AndroidSystem Webview
Installed the Beta from Android System Webview
Installed an Update which came out yesterday for android system webview
Updated Chrome, ceared it's cache&data

The problem still occurs and I don't know what to do anymore. I think it's an android problem like always and has nothing to do with samsung so getting in touch with their helpline will only get me like "please factory reset your device.." It frustrates me that there are always problems coming up which are the fault of android beeing so badly optimized (battery management aswell) and even if I love Samsung phones it makes me want to switch to apple for my next phone.. I hope anyone can help me with the problem I described.
Not sure if this solves the issue but maybe a grain of sand, the three first things that come to my mind are:
- Use a different Web View service, a lighter than Chrome based would be better.
- Allow the apps to run/wake-up in background permanently, newer Android versions tend to kill the activities, and these apps need to download in advanced, some images or sounds.
- This issue also can appear due to random disconnection from the net, even shutting down when doze comes to play.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

King-Basti

Apr 13, 2022
Not sure if this solves the issue but maybe a grain of sand, the three first things that come to my mind are:
- Use a different Web View service, a lighter than Chrome based would be better.
- Allow the apps to run/wake-up in background permanently, newer Android versions tend to kill the activities, and these apps need to download in advanced, some images or sounds.
- This issue also can appear due to random disconnection from the net, even shutting down when doze comes to play.
Thanks for your answer! I checked the energy saving settings but none of these apps are being put to sleep or standby. Is there anything apart from AndroidSystemWebview I could install? My intetnet connection is stable at all times, I even did speedtests to ensure that it is fine. In Instagram it's like this: I open the app, it shows the names of my friends stories and shows the round profiles but the profile pictures are not shown, its just grey. The section of the feed where images should be does the same. I see grey tiles in which the images would normally be but it just keeps loading forever

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for your answer! I checked the energy saving settings but none of these apps are being put to sleep or standby. Is there anything apart from AndroidSystemWebview I could install? My intetnet connection is stable at all times, I even did speedtests to ensure that it is fine. In Instagram it's like this: I open the app, it shows the names of my friends stories and shows the round profiles but the profile pictures are not shown, its just grey. The section of the feed where images should be does the same. I see grey tiles in which the images would normally be but it just keeps loading forever
Not exactly that, probably you can find from within the app settings, something like, Manage battery usage, and set it as Unrestricted.

There are much light Web View apps to choose from, I'll opt to disable Chrome, and use Samsung browser, just for the sake of probing, of course no-sense, anyway, that an ultra powered device has these kinds of limitations.

Sorry, may I'm totally wrong, but I still think that something related to the data connection may be the issue, not your router or the provider, but how the phone manage it, I mean, randomize MAC can produce loss connection over device MAC default, just to mention an example. I would try running the app, and not scrolling down till the images appear, to give it some seconds to load the images where the names are displayed, if it is still "forever", not loading images at all, it's hard to think a GPU not working properly due to hardware failure...maybe?

Last edited:

King-Basti

Apr 13, 2022
Not exactly that, probably you can find from within the app settings, something like, Manage battery usage, and set it as Unrestricted.

There are much light Web View apps to choose from, I'll opt to disable Chrome, and use Samsung browser, just for the sake of probing, of course no-sense, anyway, that an ultra powered device has these kinds of limitations.

Sorry, may I'm totally wrong, but I still think that something related to the data connection may be the issue, not your router or the provider, but how the phone manage it, I mean, randomize MAC can produce loss connection over device MAC default, just to mention an example. I would try running the app, and not scrolling down till the images appear, to give it some seconds to load the images where the names are displayed, if it is still "forever", not loading images at all, it's hard to think a GPU not working properly due to hardware failure...maybe?
I changed that setting but the problem still exists. It is really weird because it just happens in certain apps that I think are web based. I already use Samsung Internet as main browser since it's the most optimized for my phone.
Screenshot_20220412-210613_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220408-200703_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I changed that setting but the problem still exists. It is really weird because it just happens in certain apps that I think are web based. I already use Samsung Internet as main browser since it's the most optimized for my phone. View attachment 5586949View attachment 5586953
I have never seen that since my old MediaTek devices, with 512 MB of RAM running Jelly Bean, though.
It seems the WiFi signal is very poor and the signal bars in mobile data, very weak.
Also, check if the firmware is specific for your current area.

BtWiUseArCh!!1!

Apr 10, 2022
I bought a micro sdcard for my phone. On twrp the backups always returned in output with errors, I tried two things to solve this problem: to chmod 755 the external sdcard folder and format the card in exfat. Now my question is, should i change the chmod value of the sd card back ? And if so, how can i find the original settings ?
Edit.
Tried to do some research and i found out a lot about chmod and file permissions. I think I will remain with 755... Welp thanks everybody and I dont know how to cancel a post so y'all will see it anyways.

Last edited:

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013
Hi all,
I wanna ask something about this logcat reader app (https://github.com/darshanparajuli/LogcatReader)
I use it on non rooted device with adb mode. I have 2 question here
1. If the device is rebooted does the permission set by adb gone & ?
2. Will the permission lose after I disable usb debugging ?

Last edited:

Aceus

Apr 22, 2022
Is there a way to convert from Lenovo to HTC? I have a Lenovo Motorola 5G Ace One...
It has factory Android 10.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
retracted q untill further research. :)
It seems, Samsung does the things slightly different from other brands in regard to USB/MTP connection, usually I don't have the same troubles connecting a Realme or Xiaomi device.
The first things that come to my mind are:
- Disable USB while device connected, and seconds after, enable again.
- Revoke USB authorization, and start the process again.
- When connecting a device you have an option that allow connection to be controlled from "this device" or "from PC/the other device" (or something similar, don't remember the exact words), I always, used the option, from this device, not from PC.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
It seems, Samsung does the things slightly different from other brands in regard to USB/MTP connection, usually I don't have the same troubles connecting a Realme or Xiaomi device.
The first things that come to my mind are:
- Disable USB while device connected, and seconds after, enable again.
- Revoke USB authorization, and start the process again.
- When connecting a device you have an option that allow connection to be controlled from "this device" or "from PC/the other device" (or something similar, don't remember the exact words), I always, used the option, from this device, not from PC.
youre right there , boy 'o boy does samsung ever do things differently. :)
thank you very much for the insights. after trying several different things ,
phone finally asked , "from this device" and updated/installed drivers and phone is now recognized. yay!! ty ty ty :)

Reactions: SubwayChamp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm trying to install a root apk into a tablet
    It will only process and apply files that have zip md5 and zip sig
    I'm not able to install third party apps
    Ah, so you are trying to flash it via stock recovery or via flashtool? I asked what method you were trying to use to install the app but you didn't provide an answer to that question. You are being very vague, no one can help you if you don't provide more than just general information. How can we help you if you don't help us understand EXACTLY what you are trying to do and EXACTLY how you are trying to do it?

Is your bootloader unlocked? If not, you almost cerainly will not be able to install it by flashing it.
    Has anyone tried rooting their Redmi 10C? Or install GSI?

Any comments on Redmi 10C is accepted, I can't find a dedicated forum for this device.
    In regard to the GSI stuff, the procedure isn't different from flashing to other Qualcomm device, pay attention if your device has a super partition, if so, then search for "How to flash a GSI onto a device with dynamic super partition", you should need to merge the system image within the others images that are in the super partition.

In regard to root it, you should read this as reference https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-magisk-on-gsi-on-devices-with-dynamic-partition.4311045/
    I'm not trying to flash it.
    I am trying to do EXACTLY what I have said
    Install an app using a file package(zip,md5&zip.sig)
    This is a securus tablet that is not rooted so I can not install third party apps
    In none of my post have I said flash
    I think the confsion comes from the fact that apps are normally installed via APK's, while ZIPs are used to flash. You keep takling about a zip, so others are assuming you are flashing it.

Maybe thats your problem, you are trying to install a ZIP (made specifically for "flashing"), when you should be using an APK to install an app.
    I have it taken care of thanks for all the helpful advice and recommendations.
    I have it taken care of thanks for all the helpful advice and recommendations.
    I dont have or ever had the problem but it may help others if you post some info of how you sorted it.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II