Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I'm trying to install a root apk into a tablet
It will only process and apply files that have zip md5 and zip sig
I'm not able to install third party apps
Ah, so you are trying to flash it via stock recovery or via flashtool? I asked what method you were trying to use to install the app but you didn't provide an answer to that question. You are being very vague, no one can help you if you don't provide more than just general information. How can we help you if you don't help us understand EXACTLY what you are trying to do and EXACTLY how you are trying to do it?

Is your bootloader unlocked? If not, you almost cerainly will not be able to install it by flashing it.

Last edited:

Choastheory

Mar 29, 2022
Angola
Ah, so you are trying to flash it via stock recovery or via flashtool? I asked what method you were trying to use to install the app but you didn't provide an answer to that question. You are being very vague, no one can help you if you don't provide more than just general information. How can we help you if you don't help us understand EXACTLY what you are trying to do and EXACTLY how you are trying to do it?

Is your bootloader unlocked? If not, you almost cerainly will not be able to install it by flashing it.
I'm not trying to flash it.
I am trying to do EXACTLY what I have said
Install an app using a file package(zip,md5&zip.sig)
This is a securus tablet that is not rooted so I can not install third party apps
In none of my post have I said flash

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
This is a securus tablet that is not rooted so I can not install third party apps
I think the confsion comes from the fact that apps are normally installed via APK's, while ZIPs are used to flash. You keep takling about a zip, so others are assuming you are flashing it.

Maybe thats your problem, you are trying to install a ZIP (made specifically for "flashing"), when you should be using an APK to install an app.

Reactions: Droidriven

Choastheory

Mar 29, 2022
Angola
Yes it would be easy to do if the tablet wasn't blocking installation of third party apps. If you try it ask for permissions to install unknown apps.
If it would let me I would post a tiger package that does what I am trying to do. It is a three file package ota program. I have the private and public keys to sign the package with

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Yes it would be easy to do if the tablet wasn't blocking installation of third party apps. If you try it ask for permissions to install unknown apps.
If it would let me I would post a tiger package that does what I am trying to do. It is a three file package ota program. I have the private and public keys to sign the package with
When it asks for permission to install unknown apps, you don't see an option to allow it?

Go to System settings>Apps & Notifications>Advanced>Special App Access>Install Unknown Apps and enable that setting.

It is starting to seem like you are the one that is having trouble understanding EXACTLY what you are doing. Installing apps isn't rocket science, you are going about this in a way that isn't normal.

Also, if your intention was to take your zip and package it and sign it as if it were a stock software, it doesn't work like that.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Can you upload some screenshot or some graphical support to better understand what your issue is? I know that there are some vendors that don't allow installing third party apps, but you were talking about some md5, sig, zip (?), and this invokes sum/integrity checking/verification, what is a different thing. I couldn't follow all your post though.

x321

Jun 4, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S4
Hi guys, can anyone suggest me the best rom for my obsolete Galaxy s4 GT-i9505 ?

Ive seen there's even android 12 linearge rom, but camera doesnt work once installed

I dont mind installing older android version as long as they'll be reliable and have a working camera!

Thanks !

Last edited:

ChrisPana

Jun 2, 2022
I have an android box T95 and mecool km2. I want to install the citra and athersx2 but it requiring a 64 bit run OS, the mecool and T95 run 32 bit OS. The CPU of the android box can run 64 bit OS. Can i install an 64 bit OS? And if i can how i can do it?

pra1shiv

Feb 1, 2011
Hi Respected XDA-community members

Note / Serious Concerns in my next purchase:
Recently,My Redmi note 5 pro got bricked without doing any new thing, and hung on mi bootloop.
My Redmi Note 5 Pro device was not bootloader unlocked, and after bootloop hung issue,
it is not even allowing me to flash a device on my own, with so many Xiaomi centric walled garden techniques.
I have understood from many of our XDA community members that, Xiaomi is not allowing bootloader unlock, without visiting their center and paying.

Based on above ordeal, I need suggestions from community.

Below is my requirements.

Please suggest a good Android Phone with below specs.

1. Freedom to Flash by self, when there is a brick in device
2. 6 to 8 GB RAM
3. 128GB ROM
4. Qualcomm Processor
5. Must have native Call recording facility

Type Of usage
--> Many utility apps I need to install
--> No Gaming at all
--> Not too much camera usage except urgent documents scans
--> Good GPS

Budget Range INR 15000 to INR 20000
Country India

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi Respected XDA-community members

Note / Serious Concerns in my next purchase:
Recently,My Redmi note 5 pro got bricked without doing any new thing, and hung on mi bootloop.
My Redmi Note 5 Pro device was not bootloader unlocked, and after bootloop hung issue,
it is not even allowing me to flash a device on my own, with so many Xiaomi centric walled garden techniques.
I have understood from many of our XDA community members that, Xiaomi is not allowing bootloader unlock, without visiting their center and paying.
This wasn't true, and actually, it didn't change at all, you were, as end user, always allowed to unlock bootloader, since (from what I remember) 2013, the methods to achieve it, just changed a little, not much really. Actually, you have to link your Mi account, through the settings, then apply the Mi unlock tool, and wait normally, 168 hrs (one week), service center has nothing to do with, as it is involved in the process, just personal information.

To can unbrick a Xiaomi device, in the exact point of your RN5P, you even, didn't need a service center, but starting with the RN6, you should need, (for non-advanced users) go to one, due to the need of an authorization account, to can use the Xiaomi official tool, to flash a ROM. As a side note, if you unlocked the bootloader previously to a brick, you can escape from it, more or less, easily.
Based on above ordeal, I need suggestions from community.

Below is my requirements.

Please suggest a good Android Phone with below specs.

1. Freedom to Flash by self, when there is a brick in device
2. 6 to 8 GB RAM
3. 128GB ROM
4. Qualcomm Processor
5. Must have native Call recording facility

Type Of usage
--> Many utility apps I need to install
--> No Gaming at all
--> Not too much camera usage except urgent documents scans
--> Good GPS

Budget Range INR 15000 to INR 20000
Country India
You should read and post here, besides you can get other input on here, https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...device-to-buy-ask-here.1846277/page-666#posts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm trying to install a root apk into a tablet
    It will only process and apply files that have zip md5 and zip sig
    I'm not able to install third party apps

Has anyone tried rooting their Redmi 10C? Or install GSI?

Any comments on Redmi 10C is accepted, I can't find a dedicated forum for this device.
    In regard to the GSI stuff, the procedure isn't different from flashing to other Qualcomm device, pay attention if your device has a super partition, if so, then search for "How to flash a GSI onto a device with dynamic super partition", you should need to merge the system image within the others images that are in the super partition.

In regard to root it, you should read this as reference https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-magisk-on-gsi-on-devices-with-dynamic-partition.4311045/
    I think the confsion comes from the fact that apps are normally installed via APK's, while ZIPs are used to flash. You keep takling about a zip, so others are assuming you are flashing it.

Maybe thats your problem, you are trying to install a ZIP (made specifically for "flashing"), when you should be using an APK to install an app.
    I have it taken care of thanks for all the helpful advice and recommendations.
    I have it taken care of thanks for all the helpful advice and recommendations.
    I dont have or ever had the problem but it may help others if you post some info of how you sorted it.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II