Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

bojan.1995

Aug 31, 2013
Wow thats awesome 😂

Could I just flash stock Firmware 5?
Not the one you linked?

I just found out it was on Austria css but they don't know which Telekom. (like 5min ago)
They gave me some email.

Edit:
I tried flashing with Pit British FW 7.1.1 and it failed 20min ago.

Edit 2:
I must admit I didn't chat with such a kind member for a while on the forum.

Edit 3:
the original plan was to root it... and look what happened 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: plegdroid

plegdroid

Recognized Contributor
Sep 15, 2011
Manchester, UK
Wow thats awesome 😂

Could I just flash stock Firmware 5?
Not the one you linked?

I just found out it was on Austria css but they don't know which Telekom. (like 5min ago)

Edit:
I tried flashing with Pit British FW 7.1.1 and it failed 20min ago.

Edit 2:
I must admit I didn't chat with such a kind member for a while on the forum.
Think stock ota updates only went up android 6. The issue could be the 7.1.1 pit, which could be a custom pit to repartition the tab to make room for a 7.1.1 rom. If you want to get back to stock, you would need also the stock pit to re partion system back to it's original size too ☕😊

bojan.1995

Aug 31, 2013
Think stock ota updates only went up android 6. The issue could be the 7.1.1 pit, which could be a custom pit to repartition the tab to make room for a 7.1.1 rom. If you want to get back to stock, you would need also the stock pit to re partion system back to it's original size too ☕😊
I extracted PIT myself from 7.1.1 stock rom - British.

I downloaded rom from galaxy firmwares site.

First time I tried flashing this rom or German... I don't remember anymore, it went up to 90% and failed. It was only 1 file for AP

Edit:
If stock ota went to 6.0 how did I have 7.1.1 stock today 😂
(I tried to root and bricked today)

Maybe if I flash your 5.0 or try to flash Austrian 5.0 with extracted PIT from that rom.
And then root it (I read it's easier to root this device lower then 7.0)
and then flash 6.0 + root again.
Since it's so hard to root it on 7.1.1 (idk why).

Many people had this problem on 7.1.1

Last edited:

prsco424298

Jul 20, 2021
it's almost July and my unlocked s21 ultra on Verizon has received jack sh*t updates and my phone still says im on may security update. can I take another carrier firmware and flash just the rom and leaving the csc u touched

bojan.1995

Aug 31, 2013
it's almost July and my unlocked s21 ultra on Verizon has received jack sh*t updates and my phone still says im on may security update. can I take another carrier firmware and flash just the rom and leaving the csc u touched
Instant brick.
Like the moment you think about that idea 😂 it would be bricked 100%

You could root and delete bloatware

Last edited:

plegdroid

Recognized Contributor
Sep 15, 2011
Manchester, UK
I extracted PIT myself from 7.1.1 stock rom - British.

I downloaded rom from galaxy firmwares site.

First time I tried flashing this rom or German... I don't remember anymore, it went up to 90% and failed. It was only 1 file for AP

Edit:
If stock ota went to 6.0 how did I have 7.1.1 stock today 😂
(I tried to root and bricked today)

Maybe if I flash your 5.0 or try to flash Austrian 5.0 with extracted PIT from that rom.
And then root it (I read it's easier to root this device lower then 7.0)
and then flash 6.0 + root again.
Since it's so hard to root it on 7.1.1 (idk why).

Many people had this problem on 7.1.1
Yes try the android 5,pit. Think of it as, if the tab was up and working, and for what ever reason, you decided to do a factory reset, it would reset back to android 5. Then it would sequentially update to 6 via ota, then again to 7.1.1 (genuinely throught it only went upto 6🤪) as its currently broken, its worth trying 😊☕

bojan.1995

Aug 31, 2013
Yes try the android 5,pit. Think of it as, if the tab was up and working, and for what ever reason, you decided to do a factory reset, it would reset back to android 5. Then it would sequentially update to 6 via ota, then again to 7.1.1 (genuinely throught it only went upto 6🤪) as its currently broken, its worth trying 😊☕
Could you help with a link for Rooting 7.1.1 version?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I don't understand the question, but device was definetly upgraded to 7.1.1.

Would suggest, that when Samsung originally released this tab, it came from the factory with android 5 installed. To recover it back to the factory state, you may have to downgrade to upgrade.

😊☕
I'd be careful about downgrading, do some checks. I know it was only one device, but I personally had a Moto X 1052 that became known for hard briking if you downgraded. Once bitten...

Reactions: plegdroid

prsco424298

Jul 20, 2021
the device is only on the may 2022 security update and its almost July and haven't gotten the June 2022 security update in looking to flash a different carrier that HAS gotten the June 2022 security update

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
can't root it it's a Qualcomm unlocked I bought directly from Samsung to use on Verizon. the bloat ware isn't the problem I just want the June update
the device is only on the may 2022 security update and its almost July and haven't gotten the June 2022 security update in looking to flash a different carrier that HAS gotten the June 2022 security update
I think CSC have much to do with updates, without changing CSC, the firmware switch is useless?, so, yet to determine, if the culprit is the carrier or the CSC, then you may opt for the non-carrier XAA firmware or other from the few compatibles for Verizon, as I don't live in US, not sure if the XAA or the others CSCs, suite perfectly well with the Verizon services, anyway, this deserves more research, from what I heard, in newer devices (S21/U, N10+, N20) Samsung blocked real changes to the CSC, either by stripping binary panic, or when detected the SIM card, all related to that carrier remains there.

If all of that is nearly true, you may try with, flashing a different firmware, matching the same or newer binary version, pulling out your SIM card, and checking for updates.

Artuditto

Jun 29, 2022
TWRP KEEP BRIKING MY PHONE

Hi! I got a problem with my Xiaomi Redmi 3s and TWRP, i already read all the Redmi 3 XDA forum and look tons of tutorial but no luck so far.

I use this phone exclusively to play pokemon go (no root) but this week a new update ask for android 7 or better to run the game, since the only official ROM is up to android 6 i try to install a custom ROM, everything was ok, i install TWRP but then i was unable to find the install archive of Magisk (i try to root first), i can see every folder but not a single file using TWRP install, but if i use the TWRP Advanced/File Manager i find the file without problems but of course, i can't install from there. Anyway, as soon as i reboot and try to enter my phone the phone brick and stay in the "mi" logo screen. I can unbrick the phone easily with MIFLASH and reinstalling a official ROM so no problem for that, i already try with 2 versions of TWRP and 2 official ROM (MIUI 7.5.8.0 and 10.2.2.0) but the same problem keep happening. Also, i create backups but even after the backup is restored the phone brick again as soon as i leave TWRP. By the way, not sure if it's relevant but the phone was probably rooted in the past, i buy the phone used and without root but i can tell because the SuperSU folder still exist.

TIA and sorry if i made some mistakes, my english is not the best.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
TWRP KEEP BRIKING MY PHONE

Hi! I got a problem with my Xiaomi Redmi 3s and TWRP, i already read all the Redmi 3 XDA forum and look tons of tutorial but no luck so far.

I use this phone exclusively to play pokemon go (no root) but this week a new update ask for android 7 or better to run the game, since the only official ROM is up to android 6 i try to install a custom ROM, everything was ok, i install TWRP but then i was unable to find the install archive of Magisk (i try to root first), i can see every folder but not a single file using TWRP install, but if i use the TWRP Advanced/File Manager i find the file without problems but of course, i can't install from there. Anyway, as soon as i reboot and try to enter my phone the phone brick and stay in the "mi" logo screen. I can unbrick the phone easily with MIFLASH and reinstalling a official ROM so no problem for that, i already try with 2 versions of TWRP and 2 official ROM (MIUI 7.5.8.0 and 10.2.2.0) but the same problem keep happening. Also, i create backups but even after the backup is restored the phone brick again as soon as i leave TWRP. By the way, not sure if it's relevant but the phone was probably rooted in the past, i buy the phone used and without root but i can tell because the SuperSU folder still exist.

TIA and sorry if i made some mistakes, my english is not the best.
Not sure what root solution you are asking for, if it is for SuperSu, better forget it, if it is for Magisk, then you just have to change the file .zip extension for .apk, although some custom recoveries can detect perfectly the Magisk.apk to flash it through it.
Flashing the Magisk file through TWRP will work perfectly, in this model, after that, reboot device and install the Magisk file as a normal apk, open it, and let it doing its thing.

Artuditto

Jun 29, 2022
Not sure what root solution you are asking for, if it is for SuperSu, better forget it, if it is for Magisk, then you just have to change the file .zip extension for .apk, although some custom recoveries can detect perfectly the Magisk.apk to flash it through it.
Flashing the Magisk file through TWRP will work perfectly, in this model, after that, reboot device and install the Magisk file as a normal apk, open it, and let it doing its thing.
Thank you but i'm not asking about root, my problem is TWRP briking my phone, when i install TWRP on my phone i'm unable to find any file with the install option of TWRP, any file like pictures, temp or other apk, not only magisk (if i use the option TWRP advanced/file manager the file is show tho, but i can't install from file manager), and then, when i exit TWRP, my phone stay in the "mi"logo screen every time, i'm able to un-brick the phone installing a official ROM with MiFlash, but if i try to install/use again TWRP the same problem repeat and brick my phone again, i already try 2 different versions of TWRP and 2 ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok , not sure if there is help for this but ; i got a used htc m9 thats att branded but had been used on metropcs. i cannot get a data connection. cannot change APNs. when opening apn screen there is a message , "apn settings unavailable for this user".
    i went ahead and used kingroot to gain root thinking that would allow me to modify apns in system (if thats where they are and if i could find them) but system is read only and so far cannot get rw permission. have tried with a root app and TE using "remount -o ………"
    anyone have an idea for me to get rw in system?
    p.s. tried "supersume" app to get superSU but fails every time so far.
    p.p.s. phone not recognized in computer. when plug it in no dialog pops up about allow this device always etc.
    any ideas , thoughts r most welcome ,
    dave
    Probably, you can modify those files and push them back using TWRP. Also, you have this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-superrw-featuring-makerw-read-write.4247311/
    Hello,

I am new to this forum and sorry to duplicate the question. I posted it in a separate (stand-alone) thread but have not received any responses.

Basically, I just bought 2 prepaid TracFones, one is TCL A509DL (Android 11) and the other is LG Stylo 5 (Android 9). I was trying to make them my GPS units without activating them. One caveat, I have headaches from EMFs, so my thought was to put both phones in Airplane Mode and to use a USB to Ethernet dongle and connect them to the Internet over the wired connection to run initial updates and to update maps. None of the phones recognized the Ethernet connection.

Is it possible to run initial updates using Ethernet with the stock drivers/firmware, how do I update to the latest? Or do I need to root the phone and find some alternatives to google maps?

Would you please suggest?
    Thank you

Airplane mode makes it ignore connections via internal radio and USB. You probably won't find a solution to work while airplane mode is enabled.
    Is it possible to change a phones ppi

Can we use samsung m21 rom in m30s since all specs are same except selfie camera ?​

Probably, if the camera doesn't work, you might be able to extract the files to make it work from your stock firmware and apply them to your ROM.
    I'm sure there's a better place to ask this, so apologies. Is there only the one xda app available (on Google Play)? It seems incomplete, or just hard to use. I get a better experience in the mobile browser. Am I missing something?
    i think most peeps get better experience in mobile browser. i personally use the app though. but whichever suits best.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II