Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
ok , not sure if there is help for this but ; i got a used htc m9 thats att branded but had been used on metropcs. i cannot get a data connection. cannot change APNs. when opening apn screen there is a message , "apn settings unavailable for this user".
i went ahead and used kingroot to gain root thinking that would allow me to modify apns in system (if thats where they are and if i could find them) but system is read only and so far cannot get rw permission. have tried with a root app and TE using "remount -o ………"
anyone have an idea for me to get rw in system?
p.s. tried "supersume" app to get superSU but fails every time so far.
p.p.s. phone not recognized in computer. when plug it in no dialog pops up about allow this device always etc.
any ideas , thoughts r most welcome ,
dave
Is the SIM a valid, active SIM? If it has been deactivated, you won't be able to access APN.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Is the SIM a valid, active SIM? If it has been deactivated, you won't be able to access APN.

yup sim is valid. begining to think its a lost cause. cannot get system to rw , so that kinda blows modifying anything there.
thank you once again @Droidriven for being here to help out.:good:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
yup sim is valid. begining to think its a lost cause. cannot get system to rw , so that kinda blows modifying anything there.
thank you once again @Droidriven for being here to help out.:good:
I seem to remember Kingroot being a temporary root that was lost if you rebooted. Did you convert from Kingroot to SuperSU using the correct method? It isn't as simple as installing SuperSU then deleting Kingroot, it doesn't transfer root correctly. I remember there being a couple of different methods to convert Kingroot to SuperSU and retain permanent full root access.

Are you on stock or a custom ROM? What android version? Some of the older ROMs had a system setting to enable root access in addition to SuperSU and setting r/w.

Do you have/is there a TWRP for your device? If so, try adb while booted into TWRP or the TE that is built into TWRP.

Bootloader locked/unlocked?

S-on? S-off?(if that applies)

Last edited:

PCOwner

Jul 17, 2022
Hello,

I am new to this forum and sorry to duplicate the question. I posted it in a separate (stand-alone) thread but have not received any responses.

Basically, I just bought 2 prepaid TracFones, one is TCL A509DL (Android 11) and the other is LG Stylo 5 (Android 9). I was trying to make them my GPS units without activating them. One caveat, I have headaches from EMFs, so my thought was to put both phones in Airplane Mode and to use a USB to Ethernet dongle and connect them to the Internet over the wired connection to run initial updates and to update maps. None of the phones recognized the Ethernet connection.

Is it possible to run initial updates using Ethernet with the stock drivers/firmware, how do I update to the latest? Or do I need to root the phone and find some alternatives to google maps?

Would you please suggest?
Thank you

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
I seem to remember Kingroot being a temporary root that was lost if you rebooted. Did you convert from Kingroot to SuperSU using the correct method? It isn't as simple as installing SuperSU then deleting Kingroot, it doesn't transfer root correctly. I remember there being a couple of different methods to convert Kingroot to SuperSU and retain permanent full root access.

Are you on stock or a custom ROM? What android version? Some of the older ROMs had a system setting to enable root access in addition to SuperSU and setting r/w.

Do you have/is there a TWRP for your device? If so, try adb while booted into TWRP or the TE that is built into TWRP.

Bootloader locked/unlocked?

S-on? S-off?(if that applies)

ok , tried to convert using superSUme app. SU asks for binary to be updated each time. and each time fails.
yes have to re-apply after each reboit.
Stock android 12 (which maybebis the problem. And. 12 that is.)
no known twrp that i am aware of.
tried TE on phone to make system rw without luck.
will get on www to look for other methods for installing SU and deleting kingroot.
thank you once again. :)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello,

I am new to this forum and sorry to duplicate the question. I posted it in a separate (stand-alone) thread but have not received any responses.

Basically, I just bought 2 prepaid TracFones, one is TCL A509DL (Android 11) and the other is LG Stylo 5 (Android 9). I was trying to make them my GPS units without activating them. One caveat, I have headaches from EMFs, so my thought was to put both phones in Airplane Mode and to use a USB to Ethernet dongle and connect them to the Internet over the wired connection to run initial updates and to update maps. None of the phones recognized the Ethernet connection.

Is it possible to run initial updates using Ethernet with the stock drivers/firmware, how do I update to the latest? Or do I need to root the phone and find some alternatives to google maps?

Would you please suggest?
Thank you

Airplane mode makes it ignore connections via internal radio and USB. You probably won't find a solution to work while airplane mode is enabled.

Reactions: Sam Nakamura

PCOwner

Jul 17, 2022
Airplane mode makes it ignore connections via internal radio and USB. You probably won't find a solution to work while airplane mode is enabled.
Thank you for the reply. According to this video, it is possible to have Airplane mode and use Ethernet.

"How to use Wired Internet ( Ethernet ) on Apple iPhone / iPad "

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Thank you for the reply. According to this video, it is possible to have Airplane mode and use Ethernet.

"How to use Wired Internet ( Ethernet ) on Apple iPhone / iPad "

It comes down to whether or not your kernel supports Ethernet via USB then.

You can try the method in the thread linked below, provided that your kernel supports Ethernet via USB and provided that you can root the devices.

Also, that video is for iOS, that doesn't necessarily include android. Just because one device can do it, doesn't mean all devices can. When it comes to mobile devices, nothing is universal except the fact that they all have power buttons. What is true or possible for one device, is not necessarily true or possible for a different device.

Ziad_Sydek

May 25, 2022
Hi guy
this is my first Question on xda so far
And i have this problem error massage
Device storage corrupt in ported touchwiz 6.1 Rom for
my galaxy core prime sm-g360h
this rom from j1 mini prime there hardware very similar
and i got this boots with huge success one problem tho
after it boots its shows this massage and iam unable
to enter to the ui and when i click on RESET DEVICE
it takes me to the Recovery (TWRP) and format data and boot back
with the same issue i still have hope this can work but i just totally
don't know what to do so if you have the same problem or faced it before
till me how to resolve this
and thank you in advance 😀

Attachments

• 20220718_023719.jpg
    20220718_023719.jpg
    768.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

omnisama

Jul 11, 2022
Hello. I Really Need Realme Narzo 50i Custom Roms. Where To Request Such Things? I Need It Because Everytime I Run Some Games Like Call Of Duty Mobile, It Shows the "Tap to restart this app and go full screen" arrow. which don't work and the app freezes upon clicking the arrow button. it doesn't make the game fullscreen. also I don't like the overall UI and stuff. there is no screenshot feature too.

aaxaa.jpg

NottiBlondii

May 14, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm having a problem with a stubborn FRP locked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra that won't let me enable USB Debugging. I'm getting frustrated with it because every time I've tried, I get to like the last few steps but I'm still hitting a dead end where the option to enable USB Debugging is greyed out. Has anyone else ever run into this problem? And has anyone figured out a way around it, or am I just SOL?
I'm not sure if it's just the way these newer devices are now-a-days with their extra "security features" or if I'm just missing something somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I'm having a problem with a stubborn FRP locked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra that won't let me enable USB Debugging. I'm getting frustrated with it because every time I've tried, I get to like the last few steps but I'm still hitting a dead end where the option to enable USB Debugging is greyed out. Has anyone else ever run into this problem? And has anyone figured out a way around it, or am I just SOL?
I'm not sure if it's just the way these newer devices are now-a-days with their extra "security features" or if I'm just missing something somewhere.
Try finding a combination firmware for your model number and flash it via Odin, it doesn't require USB debugging enabled.

There are guides for removing FRP lock on your device that utilize the combination firmware for your model number.

Berkan8896

Jul 31, 2022
Hi I've Lenovo Tab M7 3rd Gen tablet it comes with Android 11 Go.
I can't enable split screen option In fact, I can't even find it.
I tried force it in developer options, i tried play store apps...

Can anyone help me please?

Biden2020prez

May 30, 2022
I want to edit the APK for a system app on my phone, so I need to get the classes.dex. The app's path is in /system/priv-app, and has a .odex and .vdex file. I was easily able to convert the odex via Ultimate Deodexer, but I don't know how to convert the vdex file?

Can I use anestisb/vdexExtractor?
(until now I have been never compiled something, this is a bit confusing for me. Is there somewhere with better instructions?)

And then what will I do? Will I have another APK from Vdex extractor? Then what? Combine the 2 apks, and name one of the files Classes2.dex? Thanks!

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
i am aware this is a thread for android but a search was of no help to me , for laptop info. if anyone knows of "laptop general Q&A's" please point me. :)
if not then ; i am pc/computer kindergarden.
currently looking at the Dell XPS 13.
any comments suggestions on a beginner pc? or the above mentioned Dell?
p. s. mods : please remove or let me know and i'll remove.
and apologies for OT.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II