Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
ok , i got my last post figured out.
new issue , Samsung A52 5G , stock.
my phone ringer vol. keeps going to zero. i read that it could be the "ring louder in pocket" setting so i turned that off. but its still doing it. anyone got an idea why it continues to happen or maybe something to try and fix it.
dave
p.s. volume goes to zero when i get a call. i never hear anything.

Last edited:

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I'm sure there's a better place to ask this, so apologies. Is there only the one xda app available (on Google Play)? It seems incomplete, or just hard to use. I get a better experience in the mobile browser. Am I missing something?

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
I'm sure there's a better place to ask this, so apologies. Is there only the one xda app available (on Google Play)? It seems incomplete, or just hard to use. I get a better experience in the mobile browser. Am I missing something?
i think most peeps get better experience in mobile browser. i personally use the app though. but whichever suits best.

Reactions: AtoZ0to9
ok , i got my last post figured out.
new issue , Samsung A52 5G , stock.
my phone ringer vol. keeps going to zero. i read that it could be the "ring louder in pocket" setting so i turned that off. but its still doing it. anyone got an idea why it continues to happen or maybe something to try and fix it.
dave
I had the same problem with A71 5G myself? Cheap parts!

Zzneaker

Jul 24, 2022
OnePlus 7T
Not necessarily a newbie question, but I'm looking for a modded Instagram app that has the reels section disabled. Or is there like a lite version of Instagram that has reels disabled?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I want to edit the APK for a system app on my phone, so I need to get the classes.dex. The app's path is in /system/priv-app, and has a .odex and .vdex file. I was easily able to convert the odex via Ultimate Deodexer, but I don't know how to convert the vdex file?

Can I use anestisb/vdexExtractor?
(until now I have been never compiled something, this is a bit confusing for me. Is there somewhere with better instructions?)

And then what will I do? Will I have another APK from Vdex extractor? Then what? Combine the 2 apks, and name one of the files Classes2.dex? Thanks!
Look for a guide on how to use APKtool.

AndyGman66

Aug 2, 2022
ok im very stuck here i have searched the forums upside down for weeks to no avail .
I have 2 vodafone vf-1397 4g tablets yes they are old but still work for what i need but one is stuck on the logo screen after root and wont fully boot i have tried system restore cleaning cache etc but always the same result so i would like to fix this problem tablet 2 is fully working and i would like to backup this rom so i can flash it to the non working tablet below is what each tablet status is thanks for any help . (i have searched the web upside down and cannot find the stock or any custom rom at all) so im looking to backup the original rom from the working tablet and flash to the bricked one i have sd card and some slight knowlege of adb so if anyone has a file or can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful .

Tablet 1
Vodafone vf-1397
stuck in boot mode , can access the recovery menu and connect to adb but will only show device as sideload

Tablet 2
Vodafone vf-1397
fully working with root and titanium backup installed, can connect to adb with what i guess if full functionality
I have already done an adb backup -all file to my hard drive but hen loading to the bricked tablet it fails on installation.

Darth1

Jul 7, 2022
My basic question is if you can use a custom recovery (TWRP?) that was made for a different phone but is for the same processor and kernel version?

My long winded question is as follows: I have a tcl t408dl with a mtk 6739 and kernel version 4.14.186 running android 11 aosp, I have the bootloader unlocked and access to fastboot. However my main issue is I cant get the phone into brom mode, not with key combos, not with MTKmeta or MTKclient or MTKdroidtools or MTKbypass or SPflash, and not with testpoints (at least all the ones I tried). There is no copy of the firmware online and I have no way to pull it off my phone. I want to use fastboot to boot into a custom recovery to pull off the firmware. A couple of important points: the phone has blocked the installation of any apps even with allowing unknown sources and trying to install via adb. It is feature flip phone with no touch screen.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
ok im very stuck here i have searched the forums upside down for weeks to no avail .
I have 2 vodafone vf-1397 4g tablets yes they are old but still work for what i need but one is stuck on the logo screen after root and wont fully boot i have tried system restore cleaning cache etc but always the same result so i would like to fix this problem tablet 2 is fully working and i would like to backup this rom so i can flash it to the non working tablet below is what each tablet status is thanks for any help . (i have searched the web upside down and cannot find the stock or any custom rom at all) so im looking to backup the original rom from the working tablet and flash to the bricked one i have sd card and some slight knowlege of adb so if anyone has a file or can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful .

Tablet 1
Vodafone vf-1397
stuck in boot mode , can access the recovery menu and connect to adb but will only show device as sideload

Tablet 2
Vodafone vf-1397
fully working with root and titanium backup installed, can connect to adb with what i guess if full functionality
I have already done an adb backup -all file to my hard drive but hen loading to the bricked tablet it fails on installation.
Does the device have a fastboot mode? If so, you can use ADBshell with dd commands to dd a copy of the system.img from the working device then use fastboot with fastboot commands to flash the system.img on the non working device.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
My basic question is if you can use a custom recovery (TWRP?) that was made for a different phone but is for the same processor and kernel version?

My long winded question is as follows: I have a tcl t408dl with a mtk 6739 and kernel version 4.14.186 running android 11 aosp, I have the bootloader unlocked and access to fastboot. However my main issue is I cant get the phone into brom mode, not with key combos, not with MTKmeta or MTKclient or MTKdroidtools or MTKbypass or SPflash, and not with testpoints (at least all the ones I tried). There is no copy of the firmware online and I have no way to pull it off my phone. I want to use fastboot to boot into a custom recovery to pull off the firmware. A couple of important points: the phone has blocked the installation of any apps even with allowing unknown sources and trying to install via adb. It is feature flip phone with no touch screen.
In theory, yes, but using TWRP from a device with the same CPU doesn't always work, sometimes it requires some modification to the TWRP file to make it work. Make/find a copy of your stock recovery.img then flash the TWRP from the similar device, if it doesn't work, flash the copy of your stock recovery.img.

Reactions: Darth1

CtDMonet

Nov 2, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Before the Sprint T-Mobile merger/buyout, I had a Samsung S5 (Sprint) that was rooted, with a bloat free ROM, and one thing that was awesome was that the hotspot was just using data - not recognized as using your phone as a hotspot. It quit working in Jan 22, as it was an old Sprint phone, and all phones needed to be on the T-Mobile network. I attempted to root my S21, but I have updated too many times to be able to unlock the bootloader.

I'm savvy enough to follow instructions, use adb, and have rooted many a phone and used to change my ROMs as a hobby, but I have never been at the developer level - I really haven't had time to stay educated. TBH, it was a huge learning curve the last couple times I rooted/installed ROMs.

Here's my question - What is an inexpensive rootable 5G phone that I can put the hotspot mod on, and nothing else?

Little9070

Aug 17, 2022
What/Where is the definitive rooting guide? I'm on Android 7.1.1 on a ZTE Maven 3/Z835 and none of the "one click root" apps seem to work. I apologize if this isn't the proper place to post this.

Last edited:

Little9070

Aug 17, 2022
Another question, is there a specific custom appstore for mod android apps? Like the "HB-Appstore" but on android?

AndyGman66

Aug 2, 2022
Does the device have a fastboot mode? If so, you can use ADBshell with dd commands to dd a copy of the system.img from the working device then use fastboot with fastboot commands to flash the system.img on the non working device.
thanks for the reply but no i cant acess fastboot as you cant unlock the bootloader on this model. I can only acess the recovery menu of the bricked tablet and when i use the commands all i can do is use sideload all other commands result in error and when i sideload the working tablet adb backup i get :
footer is wrong
signature verify failed
i think this one is actually going to be a paper weight i dont know if i could update or fix it using sideload command or maybe even an sd card method only thing is i cant find an original stock rom anywhere and thoughts or is it just fubar thanks

Apr 30, 2019
POCO M3
How do I unlock the bootloader of Blackview Oscal c20 pro? As if not possible can I just root it via magisk patch while bootloader is locked? The phone has a sc9863a processor

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
ok folks , i've done my searching and tried to research , maybe someone here can help me out. (cannot get "getvar all" as i do not have a computer. I do have a rooted moto e4 that i can run adb commands on though.
phone is NOT recognized. so there's that).

i have a htc one M9 (given to me in this condition) , att , stock , andoid 7 , software status = official , bootloader locked , S-Off , software 4.30.617.12 , superCID , mid = OPJA11000 , build # = 4.30.617.12 CL894012 release keys , & i think thats all the info i have.
tried to "sdcard" flash Sneakyghost's 4.30.617.12_NoWipe_TWRP3100.zip & a M9_4.30.617.12 both failed with ;
E : footer is wrong
E : signature verification failed
Instsllation aborted.
did it fail because my bootloader is still locked ?
if not does anyone know of the correct file i could try and flash ? trying to get superSU and twrp if possible , which i guess is impossible because locked boitloader.
i would try any file , stock or custom.
thank you for reading and and any input you may have.
dave

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
ok folks , i've done my searching and tried to research , maybe someone here can help me out. (cannot get "getvar all" as i do not have a computer. I do have a rooted moto e4 that i can run adb commands on though.
phone is NOT recognized. so there's that).

...snip...
have you tried running in a shell on the device? I also have an app that runs a ton of shell commands on the device, called TeMeFI.

The other thing to note, getvar is not an ADB command, but a fastboot command. Two very different states for the phone to be in. On a running phone or in a shell, I normally use getprop OR settings list *. Both are in TeMeFI using the GUI

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrocketdog

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
How do I unlock the bootloader of Blackview Oscal c20 pro? As if not possible can I just root it via magisk patch while bootloader is locked? The phone has a sc9863a processor
I don`t know exactly for your model, and being a spreadtrum device, doing it unnoficially would be risky. If the OEM allows the bootloader being unlockable, then you should try with the generic commands.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm slightly concerned that one day i may totally kill my screen.
    It's best to be prepared. Definitely make sure that you have ADB enabled.
    It's best to keep ro.adb.secure=1 so at least you have a popup dialog if you plug it into something rogue.
    Not that it's quick or great but it will work with any stock device without additional software:
    http://www.temblast.com/adbgrab.htm
    Check if your device actually works with USB Type C alt modes.
    Get an adapter that has a USB 2.0 Type A and check and see if a keyboard/mouse on it works while doing HDMI.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II