Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

bhuvansai

Sep 25, 2022
Hello there. I have a 4G LTE Dongle made by the company Tukzer.
Here's the link of the device: https://amzn.eu/d/2xkQfii

It has Qualcomm MSM8916 chipset and is running some form of android.
Here's the build.prop file: https://ctxt.io/2/AAAQKpXXFw

I've found hidden link that shows all the system files and also gives terminal access with root privileges. (Attached images below)

I just want to know if it's possible at all to change/lock 4G bands now that we have this extra access to the device config files.

Iam a newbie. just started learning java, android file system/kernel. If someone could help with this, it would be amazing. Also, I have found some interesting files at vendor/modemConfig/ location.

Attachments

• aaaaaa.png
    aaaaaa.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 19
  • bbbbbb.png
    bbbbbb.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 18

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
...snip...
I just want to know if it's possible at all to change/lock 4G bands now that we have this extra access to the device config files.
...snip...
Whenever I buy a new phone, I make sure to check the device is capable in all the bands of my country and provider. Its a hardware limitation. I cant use a US phone in AUS, they are physically different devices. You may be lucky that the device covers the bands you want. I have never heard of being able to "lock" to a specific band (or even reading which band, only protocol), but I have seen the definition of mobile providers in an "APN" file. Dont *think* it locks the bands, just registration info.

LadyH

Sep 28, 2022
Is there a way I can get past my lock screen on Motorola... ? I forgot my unlock pin and it's not letting me do a hard reset or restore to factory settings. Thanks in advance

Nikhil15

Apr 23, 2022
bro plzz help my phone was working fine
but one day i made a backup but my twrp stuck on 100%
and then does not boot to system and stuck on twrp logo
only i can go to boot loader
mobile moto g6 play

Biden2020prez

May 30, 2022
Sorry... i feel like i should already know the answers to this. I was reading about the oneplus root hack with engineermode app left in the phone developed by qualcomm. Here is my question: 1. Is it possible to make a stock or custom rom that has specific apps that can get root Without rooting? 2. Why cant i gain root on any phone by simply installing the engineermode app? Thanks!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
bro plzz help my phone was working fine
but one day i made a backup but my twrp stuck on 100%
and then does not boot to system and stuck on twrp logo
only i can go to boot loader
mobile moto g6 play
When you created the backup, did you choose internal storage or did you choose external storage as the location to store the backup? If you chose to backup to internal storage and if your device didn't have enough free space, your issue could be that the backup caused your internal storage to be too full. When a device has no free space in storage, the device will not boot until you reset the device or find a way to delete something from the internal storage to free up some space so that the device can boot properly, devices can not boot if they do not have free space to work with during boot

Reactions: mrrocketdog
Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Hi there I have a couple questions about building Lineage OS for an unsupported device.

So, I have a Motorola Edge+ (Burton) that I want to put Lineage OS, however my device is not supported. So i did some research and I found a guide on how to build a version for my device, and what I would need.

I found pretty much everything that I would need, however I'm a bit confused on two steps.

1)I found the kernel source that Motorola released on their Github account, however the kernel I found doesn't quite match the version on my phone. My phone has version S1PBS32.41-10-19-2 but the version I found on Github is S1PB32.41-10-17. What I would like to know is, will this cause any problems whwn building since the kernel versions aren't the same?

2)The next part I'm curious about is the extraction of the vendor files. I know I can use a tool call CRB Android Kitchen to extract the files I need, however I can't seem to find out if it will work with Android 12. I know it will work with Android 11, but does anyone know if it works with Android 12 as well? If it doesn't, does anyone know how I can extract the vendor files (from vendor. Img etc)?

I just now have the first question, I was just able to answer the second.

Any help on that first question of mine would be greatly appreciated.

Bloodstalker

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi there I have a couple questions about building Lineage OS for an unsupported device.

...snip...

I found pretty much everything that I would need, however I'm a bit confused on two steps.

1)I found the kernel source that Motorola released on their Github account, however the kernel I found doesn't quite match the version on my phone. My phone has version S1PBS32.41-10-19-2 but the version I found on Github is S1PB32.41-10-17. What I would like to know is, will this cause any problems when building since the kernel versions aren't the same?

...snip...

Any help on that first question of mine would be greatly appreciated.
Kernel, Device, Vendor AND bootloader & Modem (the last two compatibility blobs are contained within the device source), have to be compatible with the ROM source (and each other). I think this will be your sticking point; lots of moving parts.

I was lucky the last times I built ROMs, as there were these three available for my device (it was actually a different device, but it was a small change(s) to make it for my device). That "device tree" was compatible with LOS and was therefore pretty easu to modify to match with other ROMs that were LOS based. I would assume Motorola's code is not LOS compatible. Maybe it is ASOP compatible?

I would give it a test compile, and when you get to a point you cannot fix, there is always help on the thread below. However, when I first started, I built LOS because they have their own specific help for building LOS from source, on some discussion board type thing (it was a long time ago, so dont have it handy, I found it somewhere on their web site or github). It will really do you benefit to find what the heck Im talking about (if it still exists). Once you have a working LOS build, it can be fairly easy to switch to other ROMs.

The other place you may find help[ (although its been quiet of late)

Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Kernel, Device, Vendor AND bootloader & Modem (the last two compatibility blobs are contained within the device source), have to be compatible with the ROM source (and each other). I think this will be your sticking point; lots of moving parts.

I was lucky the last times I built ROMs, as there were these three available for my device (it was actually a different device, but it was a small change(s) to make it for my device). That "device tree" was compatible with LOS and was therefore pretty easu to modify to match with other ROMs that were LOS based. I would assume Motorola's code is not LOS compatible. Maybe it is ASOP compatible?

I would give it a test compile, and when you get to a point you cannot fix, there is always help on the thread below. However, when I first started, I built LOS because they have their own specific help for building LOS from source, on some discussion board type thing (it was a long time ago, so dont have it handy, I found it somewhere on their web site or github). It will really do you benefit to find what the heck Im talking about (if it still exists). Once you have a working LOS build, it can be fairly easy to switch to other ROMs.

The other place you may find help[ (although its been quiet of late)

The source from Lineage that I have found is for the Motorola Edge (Racer) the smaller brother to the Edge+. So it should hopefully be a relatively easy port to the Edge+.

I am curious however if the files I have from Motorola's Github, will cause issues with the vendor files and what not that I will extract from my phone. I ask this because the files I will be extracting will be for a slightly different version of the kernel that I have on my phone.

I will however go through that guide that you recommended to see if there is anything I missed.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
The source from Lineage that I have found is for the Motorola Edge (Racer) the smaller brother to the Edge+. So it should hopefully be a relatively easy port to the Edge+.

I am curious however if the files I have from Motorola's Github, will cause issues with the vendor files and what not that I will extract from my phone. I ask this because the files I will be extracting will be for a slightly different version of the kernel that I have on my phone.

...sniup...
Its not so much what is on your phone now. Its which modem & bootloader you flash before the ROM, as the rest is in the ROM (eg kernel). The device tree (ie. device source) will reference/contain specific blobs that integrate with a specific modem & bootloader. Whenever I flash/build (a few years back now) a new ROM (specifically the device tree when building), I always check which bootloader & modem has to be on the device, to work with the ROM. But be careful. I had an old device that hard bricked if you downgraded the bootloader.

OS: When I moved my device from another they were almost exactly the same, except, the screen drivers (upside down if not altered) and the other device had a physical keyboard. They were really close. Same modem/cpu/gps and every other sensor.

Nikhil15

Apr 23, 2022
When you created the backup, did you choose internal storage or did you choose external storage as the location to store the backup? If you chose to backup to internal storage and if your device didn't have enough free space, your issue could be that the backup caused your internal storage to be too full. When a device has no free space in storage, the device will not boot until you reset the device or find a way to delete something from the internal storage to free up some space so that the device can boot properly, devices can not boot if they do not have free space to work with during boot
I had 12gb space and 8 gb was backup size on 100% it just stuck and then i forcefully go to bootloader then then the system and twrp refused to boot only logo of twrp

Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Its not so much what is on your phone now. Its which modem & bootloader you flash before the ROM, as the rest is in the ROM (eg kernel). The device tree (ie. device source) will reference/contain specific blobs that integrate with a specific modem & bootloader. Whenever I flash/build (a few years back now) a new ROM (specifically the device tree when building), I always check which bootloader & modem has to be on the device, to work with the ROM. But be careful. I had an old device that hard bricked if you downgraded the bootloader.

OS: When I moved my device from another they were almost exactly the same, except, the screen drivers (upside down if not altered) and the other device had a physical keyboard. They were really close. Same modem/cpu/gps and every other sensor.
Is there a specific website I can go to that will list the detailed hardware in my specific model phone and others so that I can do a comparison? Also, would I be better off to attempt to make a ROM based off the AOSP GSI for Android 12 and then look to port it to Lineage?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Is there a specific website I can go to that will list the detailed hardware in my specific model phone and others so that I can do a comparison?
The modem & bootloader versions should be contained in your build props. I built the app TeMeFI to help me query things on my device. You can find what I use to determine the current expected/assumed/supported modem & bootloader of the currently running ROM if you search the menu for "Selected Properties".

Also, would I be better off to attempt to make a ROM based off the AOSP GSI for Android 12 and then look to port it to Lineage?
I dont know, its your device. Trial and error is the way I learnt. Also, the thread I linked to above would give you access to people many times more experienced at building ROMs. I have been out of the game over a year, and last built Pie (A9).

Reactions: Bloodstalker82

DeetjeF

Oct 5, 2022
Hi, my son's phone (Samsung Galaxy A03s) seems to be hacked while I'm getting the message:

Viettel Telecom: IMEI xxxxxxx
and some text saying something in Vietnamese

And also the support option and emergency calls

Even after rebooting and emptying the cache, removing the sim etc. the message will stay.

Does anyone know how top solve this?

Thanks, D

Ps. I'm new btw and my name is Dean from The Netherlands ;-)

Last edited:

Agent Wolf

Oct 3, 2022
I finally made a profile because I couldn't find the answers I was looking for so, I wanted to post for myself. After I read this message I figured I should ask you guys before I post.

I'm working with a unihertz atom running android 9. I already got the oem unlocked, did a full stock backup with sp flashtool and Wwr and rooted it with magisk. The problem is that I'm having a hard time flashing TWRP. I was able to find 1 forum regarding this, but it was outdated and revolved around andriod 8 instead. I was also able to find similar issue I ran into that others had aswell.

Andriod 9 is encrypted and once it boots to the system it erases the flashed recovery and reverts it back to the stock. I cant re-install magisk through TWRP because the encryption will not let TWRP read the bootloader or any of the internal storage. Normally this would be the way to keep TWRP from getting deleted.

TWRP made files that can get past the encryption but I haven't found any new enough versions for my phone.

I have tried patching an older image of TWRP with magisk and then flashing it hoping that would break the encryption and didn't because the encryption prevents mounting to any of the internal storage. I could use the the wipe, or the reformat trick to mount twrp to the internal storage but that would leave me with no data, no magisk, and a yet still encrypted bootloader. That just left me with no way to install magisk without booting to the system and then once agian overwriting twrp.

I have tried flashing the patched boot1, patched recovery, and preloader all at once. I have also tried flashing the whole set up at once and it works...sort of. It ends me up with the "decryption unsuccessful" meaning TWRP and magisk got past the encryption but Android once again disapproves. The only way to fix this is to let it wipe.

I have tried installing twrp and magisk through the stock bootloader via adb and fastboot commands, but for some reason it wont let me boot to twrp, it will reboot twice and overwrite twrp.

I feel like I've tried everything. 2 weeks ago I was a complete noob and for 2 weeks I have have learned about adb and fastboot drivers and there commands, SDK tools, sp flash tool, MTK Wwr, magisk and its modules, other root apps, all about modules and flashing, github, XDA, Hovetek, about OEM's, bootloaders, .img, xml?,vh??? Files, recoveries, boots, preloaders, scatter files, DA files, partitions, encryption, decryption, TWRP files, developer settings and how to make backups.

I have filled my hardrive with backup versions with different modifications trying to get them to work.

My brain is fried and the only option I am seeing is making my own Twrp file using android kitchen...but I'm burnt out from learning new things and have temporarily lost hope and motivation to do so. Please if you can, I need help putting twrp on this phone.

Agent Wolf

Oct 3, 2022
Hi, my son's phone (Samsung Galaxy A03s) seems to be hacked while I'm getting the message:

Viettel Telecom: IMEI xxxxxxx
and some text saying something in Vietnamese

And also the support option and emergency calls

Even after rebooting and emptying the cache, removing the sim etc. the message will stay.

Does anyone know how top solve this?

Thanks, D

Ps. I'm new btw and my name is Dean from The Netherlands ;-)
Viettel Telecom is the biggest telecom provider in Vietnam. Being that it says the phones IMEI number after that, my guess that Viettel is the service carrier or owns the service carrier and has serviced locked the phone. The Vietnamese message may either tell you why it is locked or compromised (if it was hacked).

Where I would start:
- Throw your IMEI number though a few online IMEI checkers to see if you can find the problem. If you know the service provider check with them.

- Put the veitmanes message through google translate and see if it tells you any usefull information.

- (If the above options lead you to a dead end) Find the manual way to unlock service lock and switch carriers.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I finally made a profile because I couldn't find the answers I was looking for so, I wanted to post for myself. After I read this message I figured I should ask you guys before I post.

I'm working with a unihertz atom running android 9. I already got the oem unlocked, did a full stock backup with sp flashtool and Wwr and rooted it with magisk. The problem is that I'm having a hard time flashing TWRP. I was able to find 1 forum regarding this, but it was outdated and revolved around andriod 8 instead. I was also able to find similar issue I ran into that others had aswell.

Andriod 9 is encrypted and once it boots to the system it erases the flashed recovery and reverts it back to the stock. I cant re-install magisk through TWRP because the encryption will not let TWRP read the bootloader or any of the internal storage. Normally this would be the way to keep TWRP from getting deleted.

TWRP made files that can get past the encryption but I haven't found any new enough versions for my phone.

I have tried patching an older image of TWRP with magisk and then flashing it hoping that would break the encryption and didn't because the encryption prevents mounting to any of the internal storage. I could use the the wipe, or the reformat trick to mount twrp to the internal storage but that would leave me with no data, no magisk, and a yet still encrypted bootloader. That just left me with no way to install magisk without booting to the system and then once agian overwriting twrp.

I have tried flashing the patched boot1, patched recovery, and preloader all at once. I have also tried flashing the whole set up at once and it works...sort of. It ends me up with the "decryption unsuccessful" meaning TWRP and magisk got past the encryption but Android once again disapproves. The only way to fix this is to let it wipe.

I have tried installing twrp and magisk through the stock bootloader via adb and fastboot commands, but for some reason it wont let me boot to twrp, it will reboot twice and overwrite twrp.

I feel like I've tried everything. 2 weeks ago I was a complete noob and for 2 weeks I have have learned about adb and fastboot drivers and there commands, SDK tools, sp flash tool, MTK Wwr, magisk and its modules, other root apps, all about modules and flashing, github, XDA, Hovetek, about OEM's, bootloaders, .img, xml?,vh??? Files, recoveries, boots, preloaders, scatter files, DA files, partitions, encryption, decryption, TWRP files, developer settings and how to make backups.

I have filled my hardrive with backup versions with different modifications trying to get them to work.

My brain is fried and the only option I am seeing is making my own Twrp file using android kitchen...but I'm burnt out from learning new things and have temporarily lost hope and motivation to do so. Please if you can, I need help putting twrp on this phone.
If you checked that your device has a dedicated recovery partition, then you should flash it directly to this partition, either, flashing it directly through fastboot, or fastbooting to TWRP, and then, targeting to the recovery slot, other than that, you finally need to flash the vbmeta blank image to bypass the AVB. This may apply if it came with A8 (Oreo)

In the case, these devices don't have a dedicated recovery partition (as I guess it), then you need to boot to TWRP, and then flashing it to the recovery ramdisk, to get it permanently fixed. If your device came with A9 (Pie), OTB, then, this would be the case.

Agent Wolf

Oct 3, 2022
If you checked that your device has a dedicated recovery partition, then you should flash it directly to this partition, either, flashing it directly through fastboot, or fastbooting to TWRP, and then, targeting to the recovery slot, other than that, you finally need to flash the vbmeta blank image to bypass the AVB. This may apply if it came with A8 (Oreo)

In the case, these devices don't have a dedicated recovery partition (as I guess it), then you need to boot to TWRP, and then flashing it to the recovery ramdisk, to get it permanently fixed. If your device came with A9 (Pie), OTB, then, this would be the case.
Thanks so much buy the way! I've been stuck on this for weeks. It dose have a dedicated partition. when I do flash the recovery with (fastboot fash recovery recovery.img) or(verified-recovery.img) it wont boot to the recovery in orange state, so then even if I lock it agian I cant boot to twrp with (fastboot reboot recovery) because it will double boot and erase twrp. So I then turn it off at this point and can boot manually to twrp with the buttons, there is no vbmeta and it did come with Android 9 out of the box. I have been mainly flashing it with sp flashtool instead because this is the easiest and then manual booting (buttons) to twrp. At this point twrp cant mount/ read anything. I could alway do the reformat trick to get it to mount and read the data but it still won't read fastboot or adb sideload (wich isn't an option in the stock recovery). Ramdisk may be the issue though and I will look more into this. Thanks agian!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt

When you flash TWRP, you have to immediately boot into TWRP, you can not let it boot into system or any other mode before booting into TWRP. Flash TWRP then immediately boot into TWRP. If you are using fastboot to flash TWRP, after entering the command to flash TWRP, the next command you need to type is:

adb reboot recovery

This should boot you into TWRP.

If you are using flashtool to flash TWRP. Flash your TWRP file, when it finishes, do not let it reboot, disconnect the device from PC and immediately power the device off, then boot into recovery mode using the correct button combination, it should boot into TWRP.

Top Liked Posts